Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John White said we will hire a SEARCH FIRM (***UPDATED***)

Started by Hogtropolis™, April 03, 2007, 07:15:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

April 03, 2007, 07:15:35 pm Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:35:55 am by Hogtropolis™
to assist on the hiring of new coach.  Just reported by Bo on KNWA.  This is good news.

Click here for the update.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 03, 2007, 07:15:35 pm
to assist on the hiring of new coach.  Just reported by Bo on KNWA.  This is good news.

The search firm needs to be you and me Trop. Hire Anthony Grant before this farce goes any farther.

booogaga

interesting. i wonder if it is because he knows frank will be in agusta and wont be able to do any more work for another week
GO HOGS!

CalHog

Maybe the search firm will come on Hogville and see who we want.

JadedHog

white and frank have looked like the keystone cops trying to find a new coach.  that search firm needs to find us a new chancellor and a new AD while they're at it.  i'm wondering how much longer tyson and the rest of the bot will tolerate this stupidity

Merle Hawggard

Quote from: CalHog on April 03, 2007, 07:20:38 pm

Maybe the search firm will come on Hogville and see who we want.

lets hope they dont...all we do is bitch! if altman got on here last nite he probably thought to hell with 'em!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

whatsshakinbacon

In case you don't read between the lines very well - White basically just fired Frank.

What the heck was our athletic director doing in Augusta when the paperwork had not yet been signed?  Everyone knows you hold their hands until they sign on the dotted line.  Remorse is common in head coaching changes, and Frank was too busy picking his nose in yesterday's press conference to notice that Dana Altman was SCREAMING for someone to tell him it was a good move, and that it would be okay.

Bacon out...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Should have had the search firm all along.  Frank thought he still had bullets in his pistol.  Too bad he has been firing blanks for a while.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on April 03, 2007, 07:38:50 pm
In case you don't read between the lines very well - White basically just fired Frank.

What the heck was our athletic director doing in Augusta when the paperwork had not yet been signed?  Everyone knows you hold their hands until they sign on the dotted line.  Remorse is common in head coaching changes, and Frank was too busy picking his nose in yesterday's press conference to notice that Dana Altman was SCREAMING for someone to tell him it was a good move, and that it would be okay.

Bacon out...

Bacon,  the greater question is did he eat it?  I've got $10 that says he did.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Rsvlhog

To bad these clowns didn't do that before all the embarrassment. Why do we have an ad that is more concerned about a golf tournament than doing his job and hiring a coach. I think I'll go into work tommorrow and tell my boss even though I have important things to get done I'll be back in a week after Augusta. Well maybe I better not.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

wooly

Bacon out...

Any chance they are looking for the next AD in a seperate search.

booogaga

they should have hired a darn search commitee the first time around. what a mess.
GO HOGS!

hview

The AD should have thoroughly examined the academic records. If the HC was the one to find this out first that was terrible.The AD should have also been here to answer and assist the HC during this transition. That's common sense. That in itself sends a bad signal.

ash_ark80

I think we should look at the coach at South Florida!!!!!!

HouSwine

stchane

Anyone got any idea how many schools have to hire a search firm to hire a coach??

For the 2nd time in my life, I'm ashamed to be from Arkansas.  The first being a few months ago with the HDN debacle.  I'm in Tulsa, and looking at it from an outta state perspective, we are total jokes.  This search firm better hire the best high school coach in the nation, because no college coach will touch us (or they shouldn't), unless its someone who's in relative obsurity like Henderson or OBU, or similar schools. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

krack1925

QuoteFire the search firm!
ok that made me laugh......  first time since i got back from the press conference... 

All i could think about at that thing was "this is for my family" = "i am an alcoholic and I am going to rehab"

it is the same line of BS.....

Wooisme

John White said they are hiring a "search firm"....

They hope to find Frank somewhere in Augusta by the end of the week.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: stchane on April 03, 2007, 08:19:02 pm
Anyone got any idea how many schools have to hire a search firm to hire a coach??

For the 2nd time in my life, I'm ashamed to be from Arkansas.  The first being a few months ago with the HDN debacle.  I'm in Tulsa, and looking at it from an outta state perspective, we are total jokes.  This search firm better hire the best high school coach in the nation, because no college coach will touch us (or they shouldn't), unless its someone who's in relative obsurity like Henderson or OBU, or similar schools. 
Minnesota hired a "search firm" to help them with their hire, and Kentucky hired that same "search firm" and we'll see how that goes.  It's not a bad move at all.  I don't understand why they are doing it now.  It seems to me that if they were going to hire a search firm they should have done it at the beginning of the process, not after things went horribly wrong.  JMO.

bwbcpa

Sounds like White just took some of Frank's duties away from him.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Bacon out...
[/quote

Are they also looking for a football coach?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

samurai

Well should we have expected anything better. Franks track record for blundering is growing by the day. Another national debacle

Hawgtied

Hope the search firm thing is true....best news of the night.

Torqued pork

April 03, 2007, 09:07:46 pm #23 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:09:55 pm by Bubbaswinestein
I'm sure Frank going to Augusta shortly after Altman's cameo was known by White beforehand. I imagine White decided to hire the search firm because he knew Broyles would be at the Masters for the entire week and nothing would be done until he got back.We should all know what Broyles' priority is by now.

Count No Count

Quote from: bwbcpa on April 03, 2007, 08:55:42 pm
Sounds like White just took some of Frank's duties away from him.

Indeed. The Foundation should have kept the plane at Drake and pledged the operating costs of the roundtrip to retrieve the old man toward the search firm's fee. Better return on the dollar, IMO.

Hogaloogie

April 03, 2007, 09:09:11 pm #25 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:13:43 pm by Hogaloogie

Ba-da-bing !! We have a winner. JFB just got neutered on statewide tv. And it's about damn time.

Agreeance. And it also proves that JFB is still living and working in the paleolithic era. Very few AD's still operate like JFB does, calling other AD's for permission to speak, conducting very, very public coaching searches, allowing info to leak like a howitzer hit the hull of the USS Razorback. This is exhibit (a) why most schools employ a search firm for vetting out candidates. It helps to avoid this kind of ugly PR mess we're all witnessing tonight.

TorsinAHog

Bacon out...

When I saw the seach firm comment hogwired I thought the same thing.  Clearly they have lost confidence in FB.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Arkie

If we don't have to keep paying Heath--do we still have to keep paying Frank?  He should be eligible for AARP and those rations they hand out on Wednesdays down at the Department of Human Services or wherever that place is.  That should get him through til next December.  Frank needs to fade into the woodwork for the next few months--on second thought, maybe White needs to fade with him.

jmark

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 03, 2007, 07:17:41 pm

The search firm needs to be you and me Trop. Hire Anthony Grant before this farce goes any farther.

Hire Anthony Grant now.  He needs to be here tomorrow.  We need a HC at the "Real Deal on the Hill".  Too many seniors to replace next year.  If we don't have a HC at the "Real Deal", we could lose a recruiting class.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

tusksincolorado

Jeez, just heard about it of all places on a Durango, CO sports talk station! We are officially the laughing stock of the sports world! What a bunch of spinning circle -----! Our 6th choice just kicked us to the curb? Frankie playing PGA Pro? Nutless still runs the FB Program. Maybe Frankie was right when he stated that we ARE the 8th best progran in the SEC! Good job Frank. All those years of FAN SUPPORT and this is how you say thanks! FIRE THE SENILE OLD COOT! :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Oliver

God please don't hire Anthony Grant!  There are plenty of better coaches that have PROVEN themselves at big programs.  Jamie Dixon, Rick Majerus, Ernie Kent, etc.  I don't want another Stan Heath!

zhog

With the search firm the new coach can be called our first choice. With Frank it would be like our 200th!

BIGHOGFAN05

Even if altman signed the contract, the State of Arkansas has a waiting period ( i believe 2 days) for the contract to be official.  ALL STATE POSITIONS MUST DO THIS,so the contract was not the problem.

WilsonHog

The search firm is an outstanding idea. The old way of doing things, coupled with lightning quick info via the internet, has just resulted in the most embarrassing week in the history of Razorback basketball. Credit to John White for stepping in and announcing how this was going to move from this point forward. 

revolution

Search firm is a great idea.  Someone has posted about Minnesota and Kentucky's strategy earlier before the Great Altman Debacle.  And all you guys that thought this was a great hire, how do you like him now?

razorbacker80

Who understands how the search firm works?

What parameters are given to the firm?  Salary, experience, etc. 

MrsPiggy

Someone mentioned that we need a PR firm as well...we're going to have to spin this hard to make a coach forget his the 7th pick

or waaaay overpay to make him forget

elksnort

Who would know that he would do this? Get Broyles out of the process. He needs some ginko, it sounds like.

Wash Hogwallop

Quote from: razorbacker80 on April 03, 2007, 09:45:48 pm
Who understands how the search firm works?

What parameters are given to the firm?  Salary, experience, etc. 

Arkansas search firm = monster.com

hogblade

Oliver Miller and his disdain for Anthony Grant continues on, and of course, he knows better but still brings up the Stan Heath reference.

sylvia

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 03, 2007, 09:37:20 pm
The search firm is an outstanding idea. The old way of doing things, coupled with lightning quick info via the internet, has just resulted in the most embarrassing week in the history of Razorback basketball. Credit to John White for stepping in and announcing how this was going to move from this point forward. 

Perfectly stated.   

Tejano Jawg

While we've got the search firm on a retainer...can we have them look for our new AD while they're at it? We're gonna need one, you know.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogfanwp

Will someone please tell Franky boy to stay in GA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hogtropolis™

So I was listening to "The Morning Rush"  a little while ago, and Grant Hall I believe (can't remember for sure who it was) said that we haven't hired the search firm yet.  We are still planning on it, but it was too late to get a hold of them last night and haven't been able to contact them yet today!!!!!  What the crap is this all about?  They knew yesterday at around 10:00 a.m. that Altman would probably be leaving.  They should have got the Search Firm on the phone right then and there.  Can't we do anything right?

Hogtropolis™

Does anyone know if the search firm has even been contacted yet?

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 04, 2007, 10:04:17 am

We've hired a search firm to find the best search firm.

Bacon out...

snag

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on April 04, 2007, 10:18:24 am

Bacon out...

Now that's funny.

cosmodrum

Seems like JFB would need a search firm to locate his own butt at this point.
Go away, batin'

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on April 04, 2007, 10:18:24 am

Bacon out...
Nice