Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the memories Coach Altman!

Started by Cosby, April 03, 2007, 06:55:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigTimePlayer

I remember thinking that when he said he planned for us to be "Pressing for 40 Minutes" that he was talking about defense.  I didn't realize he was talking about 40 minutes worth of Press Conferences.  I'm such a doofus.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

revolution

You guys are killing me!  But don't stop, please!

HammyHawg

I remember that time when Frank hit a home run grand slam with Altman.  Good times, indeed.

bobetty

how about Houston Nutt's classic comment this evening:  "Basketball coaches leave outta here so fast, it just messes you up". 

HAM ELLIOT

April 03, 2007, 09:23:13 pm #54 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:26:41 pm by HAM ELLIOT
I actually have two favorite Dana Altman memories...

1. When frank dropped the stuff he was handing him..  (classic)

2. When Altman got back on the plane to go back to mommy and his crybaby creighton fans!  (waaaaa, coach altman is leaving, leave us alone..  waaaaa waaaaaaa  we are gonna suck now that he is gone..  waaaaa waaaaaaa

Seriously, going over to their board was as depressing has hell.  They actually said they would suck without him.  We sucked with him.  Good ridance coward altman.  Nice way to leave the players that said they would stay for you!

JadedHog

My favorite memory of Coach A is when his wife told the story of how he came in the room excited and said, "you'll never guess who just offered me a job?  Frank Broyles!"  Then when he gets off the plane in Fayetteville with that goofy look on his face and says, " I thought Frank Broyles was the Kentucky AD".

bacchusrider

I never heard of the Guy until Monday, now his leaving has left me suicidal.  He is a class act!
go Hogs go

Razor6

I'll never forget that one time I saw him on local t.v.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

JadedHog

My favorite memory of Coach A was the way he rolled his eyes when Houston Nutt told him he could barrow his latter to climb up on and sing the fight song after a win......."HIT THAT LINE HIT THAT LINE.........................."

JadedHog

I remember the look of disgust Coach Altman's wife had on her face when Coach Nutt's wife offered to put her on her email list with Teresa Prewett and the rest of the gang.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Coach_Altman on April 03, 2007, 08:34:53 pm
I'm glad I could leave all of you with some memories.  I'm sorry I didn't stay longer, but I'm not used to dealing with such a dilusional fan base.  Best of luck to you finding my replacement

Coach, we appreciate the kind words.  As a parting gift, we have bestowed upon you a spell checker.

You will certainly leave big shoes for us to fill.  I mean, your replacement will have to not only get through a press conference, but he will also have to stay in town through lunch on the next day to match your accomplishments.

kdogstew

How about the time back in 2007 when he played the best April Fools Day joke on the Razorback Nation ever!!!!  Boy he sure had us going with the whole "I'm going to restore Razorback Basketball" speech.

Ha, Ha, Ha, you really got us Coach!!!

Stew

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

JadedHog

I remember the look on his face when Gus Malzahn called him on his cell phone right after the press conference and said, "we need to talk".

NostraHogmus

You remember the time when he said with our permission I'd like to retire here?  Or the time he said (following the Hog Call) he said "I'm not sure what my friends in Omaha would say about that?  My fondest memory is that we don't have to pay him for the next 2-3 years... Ahhh good times... some one just shoot me now!

Table Rocker

Silver Hog

We change coaches so fast it messes ya up!

Squealsonwheels

April 03, 2007, 10:15:17 pm #67 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:32:59 pm by Squealsonwheels
I have four priceless memories of coach A

1) Remember when he got the keys to his new coaches car that was parked in the head coaches parking spot and he never even got to drive it?

2) Remember when he actually thought he could coach against real coaches in the SEC and press for 40 mins against real athletes?

3) Remember when he had plays to "toss in in to the big guys" more often because of our height?

4) Remember when he stepped off the nice turbo prop U of A plane accepting the job and watching him climb into the two seater crop duster with the hand painted bluejay on the tail section and strapping on his goggles heading back to the league he thinks he can coach in?  Priceless

I'm really going to miss him...How could he walk out on us after we built such a bond off the wins and loses together

BigDeal

Well, he certainly brought us more national exposure !

NostraHogmus

Wait a minute - what happened to a two week notice?  What is this world coming to????

Blue35

Altman is a wimpy, good for nothing , mealy- mouthed, spineless, coward that can go straight to hell. Where and how did we ever drag up this piece of trash?  Memories?  :puke:

BigDeal

Quote from: Coach_Altman on April 03, 2007, 08:34:53 pm
I'm glad I could leave all of you with some memories.  I'm sorry I didn't stay longer, but I'm not used to dealing with such a dilusional fan base.  Best of luck to you finding my replacement

You spell like an Aggie and smell like one too.

Lagavulin16

My favorite memory was during the press conference and he was explaining the type of game/system he would bring to Arkansas, and Frank leaned over and whispered in his ear, "My experts tell me that system will not work in the SEC."  I think that was the beginning of the end.

justwant2winncagain

Does anyone think maybe FB and company has lied to someone else?

hogansas

"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

hogansas

No wait, I'll miss Johnny praising Frankie for 20 minutes for making the perfect hire.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

WMHawgfan

I will never forget the special bond he formed with the players and students here at the UofA. They really loved and respected him for his honesty. He earned the trust of the players and they really bought into what he was preaching. I know it was just one day but he will be sorely missed by the players.

ilovepinebluff

Hogoverseas

chiefsfan

Ill miss his wonderful well spoken thoughtful speech about how happy he was to be here.  I also will never forget thinking as the press conference ended that he was having 2nd thoughts about coming here

Ill miss the pressing defense that isnt nolan defense but has some trapping and 3 quarters court press involved
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

JadedHog

Quote from: Lagavulin16 on April 03, 2007, 10:22:16 pm
My favorite memory was during the press conference and he was explaining the type of game/system he would bring to Arkansas, and Frank leaned over and whispered in his ear, "My experts tell me that system will not work in the SEC."  I think that was the beginning of the end.

that's a good one

JadedHog

I'll always remember the puzzled look on Coach Altman's face when Houston asked him for his wife's cell phone number.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Remember the time Dana Altman tackled the referee by mistake?

Yeah, that was pretty funny.

How about the time Dana Altman tackled the guy from Louisville...And threw him into the stands?

Y'all remember when Dana Altman intercepted the ball and his pants fell off?  And then he ran for
the touchdown, bare-a$$ed.

Remember the time Dana...

Remember when Dana Altman showed up at halftime and the Hogs won the Bourbon Bowl!!!

Lanlord

Big_D

Like I said yesterday, mid-major coach with a mid-major mentality. Did we really have everyone peeing in their pants over this guy when he believes that fricking Creighton is the job to end all jobs.

Think about that statement folks, his mindset is Creighton!  Do we want him here really? When I heard he was leaving I called the hogs in my car right by myself. And trust me did a helluva better job than his wife who stood there with her arms crossed with an expression on her face like "what in the hell am I doing here".  I thanked God he was gone. I don't want that mentality coaching the Hogs!  Period.

We gave him that chance like everyone was crying on here yesterday and what did he do? Hung himself.I rest my case.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Hog Seth on April 03, 2007, 10:39:28 pm
I'll miss his hot wife :)

Yeah, well, I think that "hot wife" threatened to cut him off for good if he kept her in Arkansas.  That is what this is really about.

JadedHog

Quote from: PorkPariah on April 03, 2007, 11:04:38 pm
Quote from: Hog Seth on April 03, 2007, 10:39:28 pm
I'll miss his hot wife :)

Yeah, well, I think that "hot wife" threatened to cut him off for good if he kept her in Arkansas.  That is what this is really about.

it was worth going back to creighton then.  i thought she was hot too

SidApollo

My favorite part is that he saved the U of A a bunch of coin, at least for the time being.

By my figuring, the U of A only has to pay him $4,109.59 before taxes for his one day at work. That's $1,500,000 divided by 365...

In all seriousness, nobody feels like a bigger fool than me. I came on here and talked him up, got a lot of you to realize he's not a half-bad coach, and then he goes and does this. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision him pulling a move like that.

Hire Anthony Grant. The guy has seen what it takes to win a National Championship, knows what SEC basketball is all about, is a good recruiter, and will be a guy the players at the U of A would stay for.

Pig_Lebowski

My favorite part is the part where people at Rivals and Clays Hogs Illustrated paid good money to read where this guys hire was a "Grand Slam".

Hoxiehog

bhuie

Quote from: SidApollo on April 03, 2007, 11:10:09 pm
My favorite part is that he saved the U of A a bunch of coin, at least for the time being.

By my figuring, the U of A only has to pay him $4,109.59 before taxes for his one day at work. That's $1,500,000 divided by 365...

In all seriousness, nobody feels like a bigger fool than me. I came on here and talked him up, got a lot of you to realize he's not a half-bad coach, and then he goes and does this. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision him pulling a move like that.

Hire Anthony Grant. The guy has seen what it takes to win a National Championship, knows what SEC basketball is all about, is a good recruiter, and will be a guy the players at the U of A would stay for.

I second Anthony Grant.  Hire.  Him.  NOW!

Broken Trigger

Well, i like when he led us to......, i mean that game in which........, or the recruiting class.........., oh never mind, i forgot.  None of that stuff ever happened.  What a loser he is.  I wouldn't want him teaching our basketball teams to never give up.   That is what is ironic, the fact that he was talking about how his teams played hard and didn't give up.  I guess he felt like there was only room for one Nuttster in this town.   Well, now Creighton has theirs too.