Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quit being idiots

Started by Jim Harris, April 02, 2007, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggoBitttys

Every single one of you will all be going to games if he wins. You can all complain now because apparantly you all see the future. I mean, we know exactly what he's going to do at Arkansas after being at Creighton for 13 years.

I mean, Creighton has the same resources Arkansas has right? There's no advantages to being at Arkansas over Creighton. They have the exact same qualities there, so if he didn't recruit first round draft picks every season and go to multiple final fours at Creighton, he won't come close to that at Arkansas. He couldn't be helped at all by any resources a major school like Arkansas has to offer.

/sarcasm

Some of you guys really crack me up. Why not even wait to see what the coach will do here?

Do you guys really think STAN was going to be the man? I sure as heck don't.

HawgWyld

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on April 02, 2007, 10:42:23 pm
Do you guys really think STAN was going to be the man? I sure as heck don't.
Perhaps not. But why the hell is it we decided to ditch Heath and get some pedestrian coach who has accomplished absolutely nothing? This is a lateral move at best and points to why this program has sunk to the level it has. For a bunch of fans who love to howl about what a "top" school Arkansas is, we seem ecstatic to see our program used as a training ground for coaches that may or may not be worth a damn.

hogsnot06

Quote from: Lokirain on April 02, 2007, 05:49:23 pm
This was just like seeing someone shoot your dog today. Altman is a joke and all these tools that already love the guy will find out soon enough that he was canned from the Kansas State job because he wasn't good enough then, and he's not good enough now.
Who's the tool?

bearhollowman

If Coach Altman had read some of the post on this site lately, he probably wouldn't be OUR coach now !!!!!!  PEOPLE GET A LIFE !!!!!!! GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE
Quote from: HogDrummer on April 02, 2007, 05:48:19 pm
It kills me how some people will find any little thing to complain about when it comes to Razorback sports. With the fanbase we have and the crap they keep stirred up, I don't blame any of the "good coaches" for not wanting to come here. Arkansas fans make it seem as if people are forcing them to cheer on the Hogs. If you don't like it, support someone else. I personally don't care as long as it doesn't effect me getting my degree. Altman has not even blown a whistle in BWA and a lot of people are ALREADY giving him hell. I'm willing to give him a chance. I don't really care about his past. All that concerns me is what he's going to do now.

hview

I echo your sentiments. I welcome Coach Altman and I believe he will do well here at Arkansas.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: Cosby on April 02, 2007, 05:09:56 pm
Quote from: Lokirain on April 02, 2007, 05:07:57 pm
The Altman Fluffers are already out in full force. How can anyone be happy with this hire?

How can someone already be so down on a coach who hasn't even coached a game for us?

It's easy to do if you put your mind in the negative mode and want nothing more than to start a fight and cause more hate and discontent. I am a hater towards Nutt and Frank. Everyone else gets my support unless they prove otherwise. I'm giving coach Altman that respect.

If it was Nutt' brother it would be a different story for me due to the hatred built up in side. Thank goodness that didn't happen for my sake.

I'm excited about the upcoming season. WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more coach and AD to replace. I can't wait.

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: drakehog on April 02, 2007, 04:59:19 pm
Quit thinking Arkansas is something it's not, that it somehow ranks at the top of the basketball food chain and can show a treasure chest of riches to coaches who are already in good situations among the top 10 schools in the land and get them to come to Fayetteville and save us from ourselves.

Welcome Dana Altman as the new coach. Too many people who know this business better than me and probably anybody else around here say the guy is a helluva coach and will do great things here. Look at who the guy has turned down in the past several years (including Tenn., Illinois, Georgia) but CHOSE US to finally leave Creighton after 13 years.

Soon enough, you'll be hoping we can just hang on to him.

Great Post +1
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

RazorbackNutt

QuoteI personally feel the thing that really makes us unattractive Nationally is the people littered throughout our fanbase with absolutley no Knowledge of Basketball, Football ie; posting rantings and ravings. day in and day out, on how the Athletic program should be maintained. You and I along with many others are getting tired of it, as well we should. I see it as mere fuel for the fire for ESPN and other national media outlets. Its a fungus growing on our Great University

ok, ok...  let me get this straight:     You're saying that the reason we are not able to hire top tier coaches is because arkansas fans post rantings and ravings on internet forums??  geez, who is reading?? 

I tend to think what makes us unattractive nationally is the fact that we offer 1.8 million dollars to coaches who know that if they have one more sweet sixteen or better year they could be siging a contract next year worth over 2 million dollars to coach in one of the national recruiting hotbeds. 

Same goes for football.

I've already asked this on another post, but why can't arkansas, between Tyson money, Wal-Mart money, Jim Lyndsey money, etc., can't we pay big bucks for a big coach? 

Maybe if all the money quit worrying about how much it's going to cost them to buy out Nutts contract and start putting time into thinking about who they can get to save our falling basketball program we could make a hire we want?

Has Arkansas ever hired a coach who already had national success when they were hired?  I may be way wrong but as much as I can remember,all of our successful coaches were up and comings when hired.

CalHog

Quote from: HawgWyld on April 02, 2007, 05:45:21 pm
Quote from: Manbearpig on April 02, 2007, 05:13:46 pm
The Altman Fluffers are already out in full force. How can anyone be happy with this hire?

How can someone already be so down on a coach who hasn't even coached a game for us?

Easy, we were led to believe we could get our first choice with no problem.  In fact we almost all thought it was a "done deal."  Then it blew up in our face.  Then our second and third targets turned us down.  For all we know there may have been others who just plain snubbed their noses at us.  None of us thought we would have to go this far down our list.  So we have every reason to be upset at this hire.  Not at Altman, but at the fact that we had to go so far down our list.  You know damn well this is not the guy we wanted.  This is the guy we settled for. 
What ever do you mean? Why Dana led the Kansas State Wildcats to the NCAA tournament once before getting chased out of town to Creighton (what the hell is a "Creighton?") where he put together a massive 260-141 record at that powerhouse. Hell, he made it to the first round of the past NCAA tournament and lost to a good team!

Lads, we've just hired ourselves another Houston Nutt. Who couldn't be just thrilled all to pieces with that?

We should have just kept the guy we had.

What was funny is, during that darned press conference, Frank Broyles went on to talk about how Altman has the magical power to get fans to turn out and see his teams play. He didn't bother talking much about winning percentages, of course, but fans turn out and a lot of his players (gasp!) actually do well in the classroom.

They'd better do well in the classroom, evidently. They're going nowhere in the NBA.

You should be banned from this board for comparing him to DMW.  Lot of folks would come looking for you if you compared them to him.

hoghogg

Quote from: jimmur74 on April 02, 2007, 05:58:48 pm
Quit thinking Arkansas is something it's not, that it somehow ranks at the top of the basketball food chain and can show a treasure chest of riches to coaches who are already in good situations among the top 10 schools in the land and get them to come to Fayetteville and save us from ourselves.

Welcome Dana Altman as the new coach. Too many people who know this business better than me and probably anybody else around here say the guy is a helluva coach and will do great things here. Look at who the guy has turned down in the past several years (including Tenn., Illinois, Georgia) but CHOSE US to finally leave Creighton after 13 years.

]
Yes lets support Altman. We must but I disagree wholeheartedly with you on the Job. Arkansas IS a top 10 Program. Look at the History of the program NOT just a Chapter in its recent History. Be Obejective NOT SUBJECTIVE. Arkansas has plenty to offer a coach and yes even a top Tier Coach. Thats what these fans wanted. A top tier coach. A name. It didnt happen, but I wouldnt soley place the blame on the program.

I personally feel the thing that really makes us unattractive Nationally is the people littered throughout our fanbase with absolutley no Knowledge of Basketball, Football ie; posting rantings and ravings. day in and day out, on how the Athletic program should be maintained. You and I along with many others are getting tired of it, as well we should. I see it as mere fuel for the fire for ESPN and other national media outlets. Its a fungus growing on our Great University

Wow, quit being "subjective," you mean like your post.  What has Arkansas done lately.  Nothing.  It is not a top 10 basketball destination right now, that is apparent from our coaching search.  Also, it has nothing to do with fans posting on this or any other site.  You don't think virtually every school have sites that mirror this one?  You need to wake up and realize that it will take a lot of work to get us back to where we were in the '90s.  Then we may be a top 10 basketball school.

HawgWyld

Quote from: CalHog on April 03, 2007, 12:05:00 am
Quote from: HawgWyld on April 02, 2007, 05:45:21 pm

Easy, we were led to believe we could get our first choice with no problem.  In fact we almost all thought it was a "done deal."  Then it blew up in our face.  Then our second and third targets turned us down.  For all we know there may have been others who just plain snubbed their noses at us.  None of us thought we would have to go this far down our list.  So we have every reason to be upset at this hire.  Not at Altman, but at the fact that we had to go so far down our list.  You know damn well this is not the guy we wanted.  This is the guy we settled for. 
What ever do you mean? Why Dana led the Kansas State Wildcats to the NCAA tournament once before getting chased out of town to Creighton (what the hell is a "Creighton?") where he put together a massive 260-141 record at that powerhouse. Hell, he made it to the first round of the past NCAA tournament and lost to a good team!

Lads, we've just hired ourselves another Houston Nutt. Who couldn't be just thrilled all to pieces with that?

We should have just kept the guy we had.

What was funny is, during that darned press conference, Frank Broyles went on to talk about how Altman has the magical power to get fans to turn out and see his teams play. He didn't bother talking much about winning percentages, of course, but fans turn out and a lot of his players (gasp!) actually do well in the classroom.

They'd better do well in the classroom, evidently. They're going nowhere in the NBA.

You should be banned from this board for comparing him to DMW.  Lot of folks would come looking for you if you compared them to him.
Well, as our friend Houston might say, "Facts is facts." It's just rather creepy how Broyles pumped up the fact Altman could get people out to games rather than his "successes" as a coach. That's what success at the UA amounts to these days, and it's unfortunate.

mdizzy

Quote from: anaxagoras on April 02, 2007, 06:20:38 pm
I don't agree with you in saying that we aren't one of the top 10 programs. Obviously, we aren't right now, we certaintly have the tradition, the facilities, and the potential to be.

We're only 8th or 9th best in the SEC as far as potential....potential....in potential...

curiousdemo

You better watch what you say...The ban alert is in play..Anything negative about this hire will be put in the trash department...

WindyCityHog

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:23:37 pm
I don't agree with you in saying that we aren't one of the top 10 programs. Obviously, we aren't right now, we certaintly have the tradition, the facilities, and the potential to be. Anyway, right when I heard of Altman being the coach, I was pissed. After thinking about it, I am willing to support him and stand behind him and give him a chance. I hope that he does a great job here, and takes us right back to the top, just like we were in the mid-90s.
GO HOGS!

Living on your "tradition" of 13 years ago is kind of like trying to hook back up with your old high school girlfriend. 

Yeah, it's nice to remember how things used to be, but the reality is that she is now a 5'2", 310 mother of 4 that has been divorced 6 times. 

Speaking of tradition...

Dana Altman isn't the first coach we plucked from Creighton.

Seems I recall that coach did something right.

The REAL problem here is that too many Hog fans have an over-inflated view of what the "tradition" is.  10 years ago, Arkansas might have been a plum place to coach....not now. 

At this point, Arkansas is an average basketball school with a moment of glory that just so happens to play in the mighty SEC....Thank you Florida.

Hog fans think way too highly of where the program actually is.

Facilities, tradition....The Hogs are NOT a top 10 destination.  That is a FACT.

Bigfoot

i agree 100%!!!

lunchbox72703

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:35:04 pm
Quote from: anaxagoras on April 02, 2007, 06:31:27 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:28:15 pm
Quote from: anaxagoras on April 02, 2007, 06:24:35 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:23:37 pm
I don't agree with you in saying that we aren't one of the top 10 programs. Obviously, we aren't right now, we certaintly have the tradition, the facilities, and the potential to be. Anyway, right when I heard of Altman being the coach, I was pissed. After thinking about it, I am willing to support him and stand behind him and give him a chance. I hope that he does a great job here, and takes us right back to the top, just like we were in the mid-90s.
GO HOGS!

Living on your "tradition" of 13 years ago is kind of like trying to hook back up with your old high school girlfriend. 

Yeah, it's nice to remember how things used to be, but the reality is that she is now a 5'2", 310 mother of 4 that has been divorced 6 times. 

Well, perhaps Dana Altman could be our plastic surgeon to bring "her" back to her prime ;)

Sorry Brotha, there are some things that a plastic surgeon can't bring back to prime. 8)

Ever village needs a few pessimists. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm willing to give him a shot until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Hopefully he'll prove us all to be idiots for being upset about settling for him

This is where I stand.

I do not agree with this hire.  I don't like it, I feel we made a lateral move.  If he comes up and surprises the hell out of me next year, and follows that up with a helluva good recruiting class with the 7 schollies he has, and continues to build, I'll be behind him.  I will happily eat my crow, and pronounce from every mountain top in Arkansas that I was wrong.

But today, I am bitter, and pissed off that Arkansas has sunk to this low.  And what's worse, I have to wait until August to see sports that I give a damn about, so I'm just going to be bitchy for a few months. 

Definition of a Bandwagon Fan.  You, Sir, show no support for your team.  And, before you go there, support means (pay special attention to #6)

sup·port      /səˈpɔrt, -ˈpoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suh-pawrt, -pohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object) 1. to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for. 
2. to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for. 
3. to undergo or endure, esp. with patience or submission; tolerate. 
4. to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal. 
5. to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family. 
6. to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back; second. 

You are no more supporting this new coach.  You are waiting, waiting on a popular movement to throw your "support" behind and appear to agree with the matter.  That, Sir, by definition, is dispassionate.  Look up the definition, it hurts. 

You can't be a fan when you remain neutral to any internal matters of the team....including waiting and seeing.  You have to take a side, and stand behind it no matter if you are right or wrong.  Admit later if you are wrong, but do not wait and see.  That is the worst kind of fan there is.  MY GOD MAN, have the last nine years of the Razorback Athletics not taught you one damn thing?

Shame.  Its a shame.

Hog in MO

The time to complain about hiring a no-name coach from nowhere was 5 years ago.  Stan Heath was brought in from Kent State for riding another man's players on a hot streak to the Eltie 8 of the NCAA tournament.  Before that, his greatest claim to fame was being an assitant to Tom Izzo.  I mean no disrespect to Stan, I like the man and I wish him well, but HE was the bad hire.  5 years ago we could have hired Bill Self or Tim Floyd if JFB hadn't been paranoid about lawsuits and public opinion. 

Our program is not what it was just 5 years ago - even with the turmoil of Nolan's firing and his lackluster teams of the late 90's, there were still big name coaches wanting to come here.  Today, there are none.  Its time for a reality check people.  Dana Altman IS the best coach we could have hired.  Accept it.  Embrace it.  Turn off the 94 championship game tape you have on continuous loop in your VCR.  Put the old SI issues with Corliss and Corey Beck on the cover back into the plastic sleeve.  Come back to the here and now of Arkansas basketball.  We are currently a very mediocre program.  Once we accept that, then maybe we can come to terms with the fact that we just hired a very good basketball coach. 

HawgWyld

Quote from: Hog in MO on April 03, 2007, 02:26:02 am
We are currently a very mediocre program.  Once we accept that, then maybe we can come to terms with the fact that we just hired a very good basketball coach. 
Very good? Under what standard? Missouri Valley championships? Number of one-and-done NCAA Tournament appearances? Honestly, why is there an assumption this guy will be a good SEC coach? Looks like a gamble to me, and the very type of gamble that didn't turn out well with either Houston Nutt or Stan Heath.

If the program has sunk so low that we have to settle for mid-major coaches because no one else is interested, there is trouble on the Hill indeed.

KinkosHog

Altman is waaaay better than Heath.

He is a good coach and will be successful here.

BUCCANEER FAN

Come on people!! Altman has been hired, theres not a dang thing you can do about it!! So eager to put the coach down not 24 hours after he is hired, you think he has been here 5 years already!!

You dont know what the coach can do, never seen him coach at arkansas yet. He's barely been able to talk!!!

Before you go blow a spark-plug and have a heart-attack wait until after the next season comes and goes before you judge anything.

You people that complain are not arkansas fans your future paxil-takers that need something to blow up at!!

No coach besides altman was going to take the arkansas job, because they are happy were they are!!!

lunchbox72703

Quote from: HawgWyld on April 03, 2007, 02:30:11 am
We are currently a very mediocre program.  Once we accept that, then maybe we can come to terms with the fact that we just hired a very good basketball coach. 
Very good? Under what standard? Missouri Valley championships? Number of one-and-done NCAA Tournament appearances? Honestly, why is there an assumption this guy will be a good SEC coach? Looks like a gamble to me, and the very type of gamble that didn't turn out well with either Houston Nutt or Stan Heath.

If the program has sunk so low that we have to settle for mid-major coaches because no one else is interested, there is trouble on the Hill indeed.

Throwing the first stone I see?

Hog in MO

April 03, 2007, 03:32:56 am #71 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:39:10 am by Hog in MO
Quote from: HawgWyld on April 03, 2007, 02:30:11 am

Have you ever paid attention to any coach we've hired for the past 50 years?  When have we EVER hired anything other than an up & coming, mid-major coach?  Compared to every coach we've ever hired in basketball, Altman is at the top of the heap in experience and accomplishment at the time of hiring.  And for anyone who's bothered to pay attention, the MVC is the top "mid-major" conference out there - their teams consistently beat top 25 teams and they always have an extremely high league RPI.  Winning that conference is no small accomplishement.  Stop dismissing that which you refuse to understand and do a little research.  There's a world outside of Arkansas athletics and Google is your airport. 

TAAHAWG

OK,  He's not who I wanted by any means,  But we have him, So wait and see. 

justonefan

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:19:16 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on April 02, 2007, 06:12:22 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 02, 2007, 06:09:41 pm
Quote from: Idahog on April 02, 2007, 05:53:33 pm
I think he is as good a fit as Arkansas can get.

And this my friends, is the situation at Arkansas in a nutt shell (pun intended).

This guy was the BEST coach we could get to come here.  Then, we get the AD of this school as well.  If we are going to get mid-major coaches in the 2 reveue producing sports, why not just make it official and move down into Conf USA. 

Arkansas is a mid major school, with fans who have a major school attitudes. 
Sadly, you may be right. Conference USA wouldn't be a good fit, but at least the "let's join the Big 12" folks among us will have plenty of ammunition for the next couple of years as the Hogs continue to flounder in the SEC behind a couple of fair-to-middling coaches.

Thank God for baseball.

I put Conf USA in there because the Big 12 is a major conference also.  We need to take a SERIOUS look at stepping out of the SEC with the hiring of coaches from Creighton and Boise St.  We are not the same Arkansas we were while I was growing up. 

Oh wait, I'm just confused.  I keep forgetting that winning isn't the most important thing to our Athletic Dept.  Money is.  Since we get more money to be in the SEC (even if we do get drilled) we will stay.  Winning has not taken a back seat to money, it has been put in the UHaul trailer we are towing.   

Why would you not want to be in a conference with the reputation of the SEC.  I'd rather be third in a powerhouse conference and have something to shoot for than come in first every year in a no-respect conference.  And in case you haven't noticed, money talks everywhere, at every school in every conference.  You either get it from your alumni or your fans or your conference, or hopefully ,all three.

Biggus Piggus

Easy, we were led to believe we could get our first choice with no problem.  In fact we almost all thought it was a "done deal."  Then it blew up in our face.  Then our second and third targets turned us down.  For all we know there may have been others who just plain snubbed their noses at us.  None of us thought we would have to go this far down our list.  So we have every reason to be upset at this hire.  Not at Altman, but at the fact that we had to go so far down our list.  You know damn well this is not the guy we wanted.  This is the guy we settled for.  

Nolan was the guy we settled for too. 
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Nitrovern on April 02, 2007, 10:17:11 pm
How does it go? "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"

How many top coaches will be knocking down the door when we fire Nutt?

You ask a great question. And, based on the basketball search, I'd say all the yahoos around here would say, let's get Pete Carroll, Butch Davis, Bob Stoops. But the reality is that we'll be lucky to hire Steve Krathorpe or Todd Graham.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hogchick

Great post Drake!!!  I could not agree more.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Hog in MO on April 03, 2007, 03:32:56 am
Have you ever paid attention to any coach we've hired for the past 50 years?  When have we EVER hired anything other than an up & coming, mid-major coach?  Compared to every coach we've ever hired in basketball, Altman is at the top of the heap in experience and accomplishment at the time of hiring.  And for anyone who's bothered to pay attention, the MVC is the top "mid-major" conference out there - their teams consistently beat top 25 teams and they always have an extremely high league RPI.  Winning that conference is no small accomplishement.  Stop dismissing that which you refuse to understand and do a little research.  There's a world outside of Arkansas athletics and Google is your airport. 
Once again, we were all under the impression that the UA was going to hire a marquis coach this time around and we got this Dana guy instead. In the context of all the hubbub surrounding the coaching search, doesn't it only seem logical that there are a lot of disappointed fans out there right now?

Simply put, there's nothing in Altman's resume that is so impressive that running of Heath and hiring the guy makes much sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but this type of thing seems typical of Arkansas -- shoot for the moon and settle for considerably less.

Juboar

BCShogs

Quote from: butchdavisnow on April 02, 2007, 09:32:38 pm
Well,here's how I have to look at this hire.------He's not the best... but he's the best we can do.

exactly.

Isaidno

Altman is a subpar hire and no wonder people are pissed. This was a PR nightmare from the second we couldn't get Guillespie. Of course I will give this coach a chance, what other option do I have. But stop being angry at people who wanted better for the program. We deserved better than Altman.

BUCCANEER FAN

It took nolan richardson and eddie sutton a few years to get arkansas in the right direction, altman shouldn't get the "under the rock" treatment just a day after he is hired, none of the high expected coaches everyone wanted to come to arkansas was interested in coming here.Your all very fortunate to have a experienced coach come to arkansas at all.Instead of putting down altman, its better that you support him and stop this "acting like 2 year olds". No wonder no one wants to come to arkansas, we got fans that act like total morons in (football and basketball) at every possible convenience when something doesn't go there way.What coach would want to deal with a negative crowd.I praise the creighton fans for supporting there beloved coach they obviously loved the guy because he did so many things for that organization.Its time we did the same here at arkansas.The guy has potential, and when he is turning this program around you bashers are going to look foolish as always. :razorback:

Hog in MO

April 03, 2007, 12:58:46 pm #82 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:00:43 pm by Hog in MO
Quote from: HawgWyld on April 03, 2007, 09:19:46 am
Quote from: Hog in MO on April 03, 2007, 03:32:56 am
Once again, we were all under the impression that the UA was going to hire a marquis coach this time around and we got this Dana guy instead. In the context of all the hubbub surrounding the coaching search, doesn't it only seem logical that there are a lot of disappointed fans out there right now?

Simply put, there's nothing in Altman's resume that is so impressive that running of Heath and hiring the guy makes much sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but this type of thing seems typical of Arkansas -- shoot for the moon and settle for considerably less.

Those fans that chose to believe all the rumor and speculation are the ones that are disappointed.  Not once did a UA official say who they were targeting.  The only thing I heard from JFB was something along the lines of "a proven head coach". You allowed the rumors in the media and on this board to convince you of something that wasn't true.  That's a disappointment of your own creation.  Yes, we approached all of the so-called "big name" coaches and all of them turned us down.  Accept that and move on. 

lunchbox72703

I have to apologize to Hawgwylde and WILL CLINTON......sorry, I never saw this coming, and you guys were right.  Humble pie tastes bittersweet, but i will choke down every bite of it.

HawgWyld

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on April 04, 2007, 01:05:58 am
I have to apologize to Hawgwylde and WILL CLINTON......sorry, I never saw this coming, and you guys were right.  Humble pie tastes bittersweet, but i will choke down every bite of it.
Now, don't go and do something like that! God, what a mess on the Hill these days, huh?

I don't think anyone saw this coming.

How can a guy go from "I want to retire here" to "I'm going back home?"

WILL CLINTON

Even though you called me a fairweather fan, we as hog fans need other right now like never before.  WE are the only ones who truly care about returning the program to where it once was. 

Give me some of the pie also, because just because I didn't agree with the hire, didn't mean I didn't hope he blew my mind. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HawgWyld

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 04, 2007, 01:18:53 am

Even though you called me a fairweather fan, we as hog fans need other right now like never before.  WE are the only ones who truly care about returning the program to where it once was. 

Give me some of the pie also, because just because I didn't agree with the hire, didn't mean I didn't hope he blew my mind. 
I think all of us Hogs fans are eating a bit of humble pie right now, regardless of whether we liked the Creighton guy or not. I think Nolan Richardson may be the one baking and distributing that pie, to boot.

lunchbox72703

Ok, Ok......Lets stop this before we end up joining hands and singing "Kuhm By Ya".  LOL

Jim Harris

Wow, I didn't think it could happen in one day.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

KU JAYHAWK FAN

April 04, 2007, 03:06:17 pm #89 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:39:32 pm by KU JAYHAWK FAN
It wasnt a shock for me to hear altmans decision to return to creighton.  :razorback:

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: drakehog on April 04, 2007, 02:02:14 pm

Wow, I didn't think it could happen in one day.

LOL, I thought the same thing last night.  Didn't want to call you out on it thought. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.