Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New Coach Is......

Started by 100+GM HAWG, April 02, 2007, 08:55:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

100+GM HAWG

Dana Altman!!!!!!    ::) ::) ::)

I wish I had better news, but several of my sources have confirmed that this morning.

I wish we would wait a few more days and see what shakes out, but it looks like we are going to pull the trigger on this now.

I think fans still wouldn't be happy if we hired a Anthony Grant or Gregg Marshall, but I bet they would like it more than hiring Dana Altman. He has a LONG track record of so-so basketball.

I wish I had better news guys.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

fullfan

Oliver

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on April 02, 2007, 08:55:11 am

I wish I had better news, but several of my sources have confirmed that this morning.

I wish we would wait a few more days and see what shakes out, but it looks like we are going to pull the trigger on this now.

I think fans still wouldn't be happy if we hired a Anthony Grant or Gregg Marshall, but I bet they would like it more than hiring Dana Altman. He has a LONG track record of so-so basketball.

I really hope your sources are wrong.

Hogstocking

I really, really hope youre wrong

3kgthog

I stopped reading at "several of my sources."

GBoling5000

This is a grand slam?  In what ballpark?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 02, 2007, 08:57:45 am
Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on April 02, 2007, 08:55:11 am

I really hope your sources are wrong.

Are these the same sources that were SO sure of the aTm hire?

bp

Ish O

Ouch. Very depressing. Does he still have the cheese stash?

UAfan

Quote from: opineonswine on April 02, 2007, 08:58:39 am
The University pilots have filed a flight plan to leave Atl and go to Omaha, arriving at 12:09 in Omaha.  My guess is we'll have Altman back in F'ville for a PC by 4:00.
Just in time for DTS to spin this hire.

PigTimePlayer

I'm sure we'll see Season Ticket Sales skyrocket this afternoon.

Way to go, Frank.  Hope you enjoy the Masters.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Hogstocking

Quote from: GBoling5000 on April 02, 2007, 08:58:09 am

its more like a pop up bunt to the pitcher with the bases loaded.

Oliver

Quote from: opineonswine on April 02, 2007, 08:58:39 am
The University pilots have filed a flight plan to leave Atl and go to Omaha, arriving at 12:09 in Omaha.  My guess is we'll have Altman back in F'ville for a PC by 4:00.

Like I said earlier, just in enough time for Shavers to start spinning.

hogvillesfinest

I puked after the my sources, mainly because out of laughter, and then after you named him

Hollywood_HOGan

this better be some kind of sick joke!

what a failure.

There's a good reason he's been at the same mid major school for 13 years.

Sickening

revolution

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Just NO!

Ahenso

If this is true it is a very very sad day for razorbacks.

cosmodrum

Several of my sources have confirmed that I am going to beat myself senseless in a drunken stuper.
Go away, batin'

tusksincolorado

Nuttless = Hawg Football  :puke:

Altman = HawgBall  :puke:

It's official, I AM DONE WITH THE RAZORBACKS!  >:(
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogvillesfinest

I'm still puking...............

J.J. JingleHammer

Someone explain to me how hiring Altman will galvanize the fan base, put butts in the seats and inject the state with enthusiasm.  I have the same feeling about Altman as I do when my 2 yr old pees the bed and I have to change the sheets.

mattfromhuntsville

This had better be a late April Fools joke. 

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Winner

Sources always wrong with good news. Always right with bad news.

hogvillesfinest

ok well no more posting for you then, especially when d-mac wins the H-trophy

Hogstocking

Quote from: J.J. JingleHammer on April 02, 2007, 09:05:48 am
Someone explain to me how hiring Altman will galvanize the fan base, put butts in the seats and inject the state with enthusiasm.  I have the same feeling about Altman as I do when my 2 yr old pees the bed and I have to change the sheets.

That's what I'm still trying to figure out....Why in the world do you offer the fan base steak (Calipari, Self, Floyd, Gillispie) and then show up to the party with a cheeto (altman)

unbelievable

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Bogarto on April 02, 2007, 09:00:05 am
Pathetic. Frank Broyles is a piece of $hit. If you are going to hire a mid level coach at least hire a young one who has the potential to maybe turn into a good one. Dana Altman got fired from K St. Thanks Frank, thanks for medicority. Fire Nutt.

Grant would've been the man if you're going mid-major.  As usual, JFB blew it if this is true.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: GBoling5000 on April 02, 2007, 08:58:09 am

Ha Ha. True.

What do the letters GS stand for?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Dwight_K_Shrute

Why not innundate them with faxes calls and e-mails and let them know we aren't as ignorant as they think.  And that this hire sucks
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogvillesfinest

I think frank tha tank will wait till after the game and then some more days before he makes up his mind. He will try and leave the U of A with the best person available before he names them

hogfan064

Why not get Greg Marshall if we're going to get Altman.  Altman couldn't hanle the pressure at KSU, what makes Frank think he will in Arkansas.

TushCrush

Quote from: Question-Man on April 02, 2007, 09:08:39 am
Pathetic. Frank Broyles is a piece of $hit. If you are going to hire a mid level coach at least hire a young one who has the potential to maybe turn into a good one. Dana Altman got fired from K St. Thanks Frank, thanks for medicority. Fire Nutt.

Grant would've been the man if you're going mid-major.  As usual, JFB blew it if this is true.

Grant is looking better than ever right about now ...

HOG_INSURANCE

This is what you get when you have a senile AD, and John White agrees????  Fire them all!!!!
Thank goodness my N.O. Saints are winning!

rcowen

Way to put the icing on that legacy frank...

kgr

Is this really true?  Since hSv has said yuch, it must mean the source checks out. 

If he is the new coach, we should have kept stan.

granny grunt

No way this hire would fill the seats at BW.   Not even if they reduce the ticket price......maybe if they give away the tickets along with a 4 piece set of stem-ware.... ummm,   no...........

The Hawg Marshal

Marshall or Grant, either one would  be better

pigsnoter49

Grandslam in a little league ball park.

FIRE THE DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

Ahenso

If this is true, he will not have the immediate support from the fan base and will have to do wanders to when us over. He is going to walk into a tough crowd because he has to win me over before i talk good about him. I'm just not convinced he is even close to the right man for the job. I sure hope im wrong and he takes us to the promise land, sorry but dont see that happening.

VinnyW

and your "sources" are????....common man you have to let us know you have no credibility posting these random rumors without telling the board...we dont know you from Jack

countryboy_ar1

maybe JFB is playing an april fools joke on us

SexyBeast77

Ditto to those that laughed/puked after "my sources."
Note: Internet retards that read ESPN/FOX etc websites and msg boards all day aren't people with sources,
they're just people that regurgitate gossip pretty much.

HotRodHog

We are going to hire a coach whose NCAA bids for the last three years are lower than the one we just fired? Trends and burnout mean alot in this profession, and this worries me a great deal. Let me take a stab at this - If Bev and Co. stay, Altman has a good year with someone elses players and then ... yawn, cry, throw things, etc. for the next five. I will pass.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

fluffy1128

I repeat the earlier post....If DM is in Atlanta, why fly to Omaha? (See Wally Hall)  Something smells fishy

DeltaBoy

Relax there has been on Official announcement ! Remember this time last week we all thought Billy G was a done deal too!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HotRodHog

Nail on the head brother!!!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

pigmania

Can't wait to see how many butts WON'T be in the seats if he is hired. If the PTB think Dana Altman is the one that will help sell tickets and put butts in the seats, then they are dumber than I previously thought.