Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News: Channel 9 says it's Altman...A "Grand Slam"

Started by Porkem, April 02, 2007, 09:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

beachhawg

CallThemHawgs!

MizK

Quote from: Wildhog on April 01, 2011, 05:28:33 pm
You're in the tavern, bro.  It's like Thunderdome.

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 09, 2011, 10:00:46 pm
Pay attention XHOG.  this is that wrath I was telling you about.  The wrath of MizK.

bigyellowdog

hogpowr

Welcome Coach Bielema!

MizK

Pay attention XHOG.  this is that wrath I was telling you about.  The wrath of MizK.

ksrazorback

Here is some interesting stuff:

Turgeon Refuses Comment on Arkansas Opening
WSU AD Jim Schaus also declined comment on the Arkansas coaching search.

http://www.kake.com/sports/headlines/6776057.html

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

rcowen

Michaelt

KARK's web site has a one line statement about it as well.  http://www.arkansasmatters.com/

I'm surprised that KFSM didn't beat everyone to the punch. ???
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

PigWig

Well there it is. We're screwed for the next 5+ years.

pigmania

If it is I'm done with basketball. I'm sick and tired of hiring "small name" coaches and then the PTB trying to tell me how great a hire it was.

HotRodHog

The channel 9 link is a wire story and 11 hours old. Anyone have the video link?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

razornole

THAT is the grand slam?  WTH is this tee ball and it was a freaking grounder to right field?  *spit*
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

MizK

revolution

3kgthog

Press conference at 4:00 p.m. today according to Fox Sports.

Littlehog AR

kgr

Geohul

dfresh

Lets please not bash the coach until he starts losing.

cosmodrum

The next time I want a Grand Slam, I'll go to Denny's.

:'(
Go away, batin'

PigPusher

The good thing though is that the one person that causes this kind of thing to be continual will be gone in 8 months and I can't wait.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

93hog

Quote from: PigPusher on April 02, 2007, 10:22:28 am
The good thing though is that the one person that causes this kind of thing to be continual will be gone in 8 months and I can't wait.

I agree but look what he's left us with. 

Ex-Trumpet

This is awesome!!  Now, maybe the Hogs can be just like that powerhouse Creighton!!  Way to knock it out of the park Frank & BOT's!!!!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Houston h

This is a nice way for JFB to go out!  Firing a mid major coach and replacing him with another, wow the recruits must be drooling now!  I can see all those top guys rethinking their commitments to school like UF, USC, NC for a chance to play for Aldman! Is his first name Allan?

boarhog12

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

Pig, you hit the proverbial problem nail squarely on the head.

okiehawg

In all honesty, he is a better coach and Heath.  He has more experience and he has been successful over a longer period of time.  I am not happy with the fact that we didn't get a big namer, but I still feel that we should give him a chance to show what he can do here at the U of A.

tee1up2par

FB had to get someone hired today.  God forbid doing his job and hiring a quality coach interfere with the Masters.  FB screwed us once again.  December cannot come soon enough.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

hogblade

I'm so depressed by this..... I hate the Altman hire and I will go on record.

I didn't hate the Heath hire, but I was against it. I preferred others, but I thought it might work out..

This I'm 1000% against.

hview

This guy is a better coach than Heath, just not the coach I expected.

Pigonometry

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 02, 2007, 10:21:45 am
The next time I want a Grand Slam, I'll go to Denny's.

:'(

Or watch Boston's Manny Ramirez.  He has 20 grand slams --- 2nd most behind the great Lou Gehrig.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

no one

Quote from: Tomcat on April 02, 2007, 09:34:16 am
FIRE ALTMAN!!!

I laughed outloud.  This was the only thing that has gotten me to smile from reading this stuff today. 

Rooter Tooter

Once again, great job by all the "Deepthroats" with inside info who guaranteed us a big name. Keep up the great work!!  >:( And please don't try to spin this. You guys whiffed huge.

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

cityhog

So THIS was the big name hire that was supposed to "Impress" me?

So THIS was the big name hire that would not "Disappoint" me?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

again I say,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hogs25

Just read where Creighton averaged FEWER points than Arkansas last season.  Are u kidding me?????????????????????????