Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Appears Jenirro Bush is gone.

Started by rzrbcks2120, March 27, 2007, 07:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbcks2120

March 27, 2007, 07:16:52 pm Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:29:20 pm by rzrbcks2120
On the Hog's Scout.com website (http://arkansas.scout.com/) there is a headline that reads: "Jenirro Bush: Opens His Recruitment." I am not an insider there so I can not read the article.

There is also an article (http://arkansas.scout.com/2/630194.html) that says Beverley "was not in Fayetteville on Monday. Beverley was to sit down with his mother, Lisa, Monday night in Chicago to discuss his future. Beverley hadn't returned to Arkansas from spring break."

IF Beverley and Bush leave (and potentially others from the team) then just think about how many good players have been run out of Arkansas athletics lately.. it is pathetic. Embarrassing. Year before what looked to be our most promising year we go and screw things up. Maybe things will work out, but to me it doesnt look good as of now.

hog_fan

Can't they wait for us to hire a coach before they get all pissed off about it?

judgeroyswine

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Oliver

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on March 27, 2007, 07:16:52 pm
On the Hog's Scout.com website there is a headline that reads: "Jenirro Bush: Opens His Recruitment." I am not an insider there so I can not read the article.

There is also an article that says Beverley "was not in Fayetteville on Monday. Beverley was to sit down with his mother, Lisa, Monday night in Chicago to discuss his future. Beverley hadn't returned to Arkansas from spring break."

IF Beverley and Bush leave (and potentially others from the team) then just think about how many good players have been run out of Arkansas athletics lately.. it is pathetic. Embarrassing. Year before what looked to be our most promising year we go and screw things up. Maybe things will work out, but to me it doesnt look good as of now.

Hey, this sums up our athletic department really well.

1.  We're going to screw up hiring Gillispie.
2.  Our best player might transfer.
3.  Our best recruit might transfer.

rzrbcks2120

March 27, 2007, 07:19:08 pm #4 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:21:00 pm by rzrbcks2120
Quote from: hog_fan on March 27, 2007, 07:17:54 pm

Agree completely.. seems premature. Thats why I said it may all work out in the end. I guess we'll have to wait (nervously) and see.

Silver Hog

bosshawg38

Nobody (player or coach) is ever bigger than the program itself. If Bev and Bush are upset because Heath was not retained, then so be it. You can't hold onto a coach just because it might hurt someone's feelings. You have to do what is best for the program.

moses_007

One would think these recruits and players would wait to find out who the new coach is before they start bailing out of the ship.  They may all decide to stay when they find out BG is coming to town.   :razorback: :razorback:

Erockster20

U.P. HOGG

Look, if these KIDS want to make a decision such as that before knowing who the new coach is, go ahead and leave.  Heath was a great guy, but to be a cry baby about it and transfer and lose a year when Bev wants to be in the NBA ASAP, is plain stupid.  imo

HawgAdvocate

Give me a break.

How impatient can some of you be?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

BradyHolzhauer

The story is:

"I've decommmitted," said Bush. "I was going to Arkansas because of Coach Heath, but they fired him."

He made his decison earlier today.

"I talked to my mom and my AAU coach this morning and decided then," said Bush.

Now that's his recruitment is open again, he's looking at several schools.

"I'm looking at Conneticut, Virginia, Georgia State and Ole Miss. (Former Ole Miss head) Coach (Rod) Barnes is at Georgia State."

Dugann

I think Pat comes back.  I think it is a huge huge huge mistake if he dosn't.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HawgAdvocate

We'll see what happens. Pat will wait and see who we hire. He'll make a decision after talking with the new coach. Pat is the kind of guy who would feed off a workaholic like Billy.

Pat himself is a workaholic as well.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Oliver

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 27, 2007, 07:23:48 pm
Give me a break.

Very.  Yesterday, it was reported that a Gillispie deal was a sure thing and that he could be introduced as early as Monday night.  Now, still nothing and A&M threw a new offer at him today.  We are going to screw the pooch just like we always do.

ark30inf

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on March 27, 2007, 07:24:20 pm
The story is:

"I've decommmitted," said Bush. "I was going to Arkansas because of Coach Heath, but they fired him."

"I'm looking at Conneticut, Virginia, Georgia State and Ole Miss. (Former Ole Miss head) Coach (Rod) Barnes is at Georgia State."

Georgia State?  Good luck with that one.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 27, 2007, 07:27:09 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 27, 2007, 07:23:48 pm
Give me a break.

Very.  Yesterday, it was reported that a Gillispie deal was a sure thing and that he could be introduced as early as Monday night.  Now, still nothing and A&M threw a new offer at him today.  We are going to screw the pooch just like we always do.

Reported by who? This is a message board. This isn't exactly a breeding ground for facts. It's been posted on here for quite a while now, by those giving us the most valid info available, that the end of the week was the target date.

If you choose to listen to anyone else, then that's your choice. Just don't drag down everyone else in your wake.

hogfan30

Really, who is anyone to say if it is a huge mistake?  Basketball players, unlike football players...commit to coaches.  They don't care what the name says accross the front as much as it is a big enough name.  You may have to sit out a year, but you don't "lose" anything.

Heck, look what transfering did for Byars at Vandy.  Beverley came because of Heath, not because he was in love with the U of A.  If you can be a hog fan or support a coach or not support a coach for whatever reason, why can a STUDENT at the U of A, come, stay, or go for whatever reason they want?

501Ben

hog_fan

Billy G can bring in a couple of solid recruits.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Dugann on March 27, 2007, 07:25:01 pm
I think Pat comes back.  I think it is a huge huge huge mistake if he doesn't.

Umm when Coach Gillispie arrives he will sit down with Patrick and his Mom and I suspect things will fall into place.  By the way with McCurdy & Hunter supposedly gone and Bush vacating that just opened up even more scholarships for the 07'  or if BCG chooses up to 10 offers for 08'

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

AnthroHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2007, 07:32:11 pm

Umm when Coach Gillispie arrives he will sit down with Patrick and his Mom and I suspect things will fall into place.  By the way with McCurdy & Hunter supposedly gone and Bush vacating that just opened up even more scholarships for the 07'  or if BCG chooses up to 10 offers for 08'

Good lord, 10 scholarships in one year.  That is a complete team.  Billy G. would definitely have his own team within one year of taking the job. 

Stewie or Opine, how many deep did Texas A&M play this year?

3kgthog

Good riddance Jenniro Bush. You probably just did us a favor. Have fun at Georgia St.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2007, 07:32:11 pm

BG can show him what Beverley can become (Acie Law).

Adam Stokes

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 27, 2007, 07:37:12 pm
Good riddance Jenniro Bush. You probably just did us a favor. Have fun at Georgia St.

Yeah right.  Now if we don't get BG we will have no Beverly no Bush, and 10 schollies next year.  Wonderful.  I have no problem with firing heath, but we needed to have Bill 100% committed before we threw out heath.  This better not end up like Bama, heck they seem in a better position than us if we can't grab BG. 

darazorback

On the Hog's Scout.com website (http://arkansas.scout.com/) there is a headline that reads: "Jenirro Bush: Opens His Recruitment." I am not an insider there so I can not read the article.

There is also an article (http://arkansas.scout.com/2/630194.html) that says Beverley "was not in Fayetteville on Monday. Beverley was to sit down with his mother, Lisa, Monday night in Chicago to discuss his future. Beverley hadn't returned to Arkansas from spring break."

That's not expected is it now? I mean he commited saying he loved SH and now he is gone. Now just because you reopen up your recruiting doesn't always mean that you don't recommit to the new coach, just that you want to reevaluate the situation your putting yourself into. So let's all wish the JB makes the choice to say!

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: ajs15razorman on March 27, 2007, 07:41:48 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on March 27, 2007, 07:37:12 pm

Yeah right.  Now if we don't get BG we will have no Beverly no Bush, and 10 schollies next year.  Wonderful.  I have no problem with firing heath, but we needed to have Bill 100% committed before we threw out heath.  This better not end up like Bama, heck they seem in a better position than us if we can't grab BG. 

Unless somehow we pull Bill Self out of our hat.  Won't happen though

chog68

Questions have been raised about whether Bush will even qualify....Anybody know is grades status????

bd93

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: AnthroHog on March 27, 2007, 07:36:35 pm

The Ones in Bold are out of eligibility:

Acie Law 15.9  ppg
J. Jones 13.8  ppg (Junior)
J. Carter 12.4  ppg (Sophmore)
A. Kavaliauskas 12.3  ppg
D. Kirk 6.6  ppg (Junior)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

sickle

You can't have your cake and eat it too.you wanted Heath fired.

JusJim

The only thing most of the posters on hogville want is for coaches to be fired if they don't win a NC.....so it seems the posters have at least partially gotten what they want.  It seems some of the players are not happy that they're coach got fired....so who do we have to blame if they leave?

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

rude1

Quote from: hog_fan on March 27, 2007, 07:17:54 pm
Remember the infamous LEAK that said " It's NCAA or bust for Heath"? Well those kids played their guts out to save his job, and felt like had accomplished that by barely sneaking into the tourney. Hard to blame them for feeling like they have been let down. This was one of my fears of what might happen if Heath was let go.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: chog68 on March 27, 2007, 07:47:18 pm
Questions have been raised about whether Bush will even qualify....Anybody know is grades status????

He needs to improve his ACT by a couple points.

IcEwalker

When Billy is announced as the head coach, i would be surprised if there is suddenly an excitement among the players about next season... just wait and see.

BartIV

bd93

jimmur74

News for Beverly.  Stan Heath Didnt pay your Scholarship.  The U of A did. The U of A is who you play for not The U of Stan

jdlee23

Quote from: AnthroHog on March 27, 2007, 07:36:35 pm

Not real deep.  7 or 8, I believe.

granny grunt

We have put our basketball fate in the hands of an 82 year-old AD...I will not really be surprised if the whole thing don't blow up in Arkansas' face....No top notch bball coach,  but we will still have DMW...... That would be the last straw....

bsayers

Are you not the same people who wanted Heath gone? And now you are going to start the "Sky is falling" crap. We just fired a man that would have built a great program. But now you whiners will start whining about players leaving. You got what you want now quit crying. Just like the football program, you people are never happy.

HogFan1973

Beverly is just mad right now that his coach his gone.  Give him a week or two to settle in with the new coach, and he WILL be back.  After all, he is still trying to make a point to Illinois for not recruiting him, remember?

North hog

he will stay.  No doubt in my mind.

Lanlord

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on March 27, 2007, 07:24:20 pm
The story is:

If these are the only schools interested in him then maybe we wouldn't be losing anything.

HolcombeHog

An article said that Beverley was coming back to Fayetteville on Tuesday with his mother to talk to Broyles.  Hopefully he will decide to stay. 

rzrbk4life

what about this guys. lets say BG decides to come. what if some of his commits decide to follow him to arkansas? if you take a look at this list he has a couple of good recruits lined up ( #'s 8 and 143)

(http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1611)

Let's call those hogs!!!!

navyhog24

i'd rather lose them than not getting a great coach. i mean i love pat bev and everything. but i'd still rather have a great coach at the moment.

cluelessgdog

People have got to realize at Arkansas's level the bb player chooses the coach- at Duke & North Carolina they choose the school. We use to be there back in the NOLAN days but now we're just a regular ole run of the mill bb program. My advice to Patrick, do what's in the best interest for you. The university does whats in the best interest of the university and you should be no different. ???

RedyorNot

TRG: What's the status of your commitment to Arkansas?

Jenirro: I want to see to who the next coach is before I know if I want to go there or not.

TRG: What other schools are you interested in?

Jenirro: U Conn. Georgia St. and Virgina.

TRG: What about the Mississippi schools?

Jenirro: Ole Miss is still kinda in it.

TRG: What about Mississippi State?

Jenirro: I'm not interested in them.

Jenirro said he talked to Coach Heath after his release and Heath mentioned he was sorry that it had to happen. Jenirro said he had developed a very good relationship with the players.

Despite of the firing of Coach Heath I still believe Jenirro is very interested in Arkansas. I believe the right coach can convince Jenirro to be a Razorbac

QUIT STARTING FIRES IF YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO SIGN UP TO READ THE REALITY!!!!!