Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pearl says no! Cali says no! Gillispie hasn't said anything?!

Started by jamie72921, March 27, 2007, 04:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

This is a very good sign for right now.

If nothing else, it means that Gillispie is open to the idea of coming here.

Something many fans, at home and abroad, didn't believe was plausible when the talk of Heath being gone first surfaced.

Evidently someone else believes that Arkansas isn't just poor little ole Arkansas either.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Bless your heart

RhodeHog

It takes time to iron out details.  Give it a day, IMO.

jamie72921

Quote from: RhodeHog on March 27, 2007, 04:39:43 pm

No complaints here.

As long as nothing is said, it means things are still very much in our favor.
Bless your heart

RhodeHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 04:41:27 pm

No complaints here.

As long as nothing is said, it means things are still very much in our favor.

I agree.  If he wasn't interested at all, he would have said something by now.

Dugann

I think Kentucky is going be Alabamaed.....I just hope we are not going get bamaed too
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Manbearpig

QuoteThis is a very good sign for right now.

Something many fans, at home and abroad, didn't believe was plausible when the talk of Heath being gone first surfaced.

Evidently someone else believes that Arkansas isn't just poor little ole Arkansas either.

I guess you can look at that way.  Problem is we keep ignoring the fact that gillispie and a&m played out the indiana job exactly the same way last year.  gillispie used it to get the new facilities he wanted.  Why on earth would he and byrne not do exactly the same thing with us?  Heck, now gillispie is even being mentioned for uk.  If gillispie plays his cards right he can get a new arena.  I think we have been seeing things through the eyes of somebody who wants something so danged bad we cannot see straight.  The fact is this situation is playing out exactly how the same situation played out last year for a&m with indiana.  I hate to say it, but my a&m buds said as much and it appears they may be right.  I am not saying stewie and others are lying to us.  But I am saying their sources may have been feeding them hopeful ideas rather than hard facts.  

RayRay99TAMU

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 27, 2007, 04:43:56 pm

I guess you can look at that way.  Problem is we keep ignoring the fact that gillispie and a&m played out the indiana job exactly the same way last year.  gillispie used it to get the new facilities he wanted.  Why on earth would he and byrne not do exactly the same thing with us?  Heck, now gillispie is even being mentioned for uk.  If gillispie plays his cards right he can get a new arena.  I think we have been seeing things through the eyes of somebody who wants something so danged bad we cannot see straight.  The fact is this situation is playing out exactly how the same situation played out last year for a&m with indiana.  I hate to say it, but my a&m buds said as much and it appears they may be right.  I am not saying stewie and others are lying to us.  But I am saying their sources may have been feeding them hopeful ideas rather than hard facts.  

Watch out, you will be lambasted for using logic like that...

jamie72921

Anything is possible, but doing this 2 years in a row would not sit well with the PTB if indeed they gave the coach what he asked for last season as well.

I believe in this case, that silence is on our side and is an Aggie basketball fan's worst nightmare.
Bless your heart

Grizzlehog

Manbearpig speaketh much truth.  We may be on a real long joyride.  Hope not, but who knows?

3kgthog

Calipari is an idiot for not even waiting to see if he was 3rd or 4th on UK's list. UK > Memphis Junior High. He must know he's got it made in that wimpy Conference USA.

SbrokeskiAg

This is just frustrating.  I would think that UA would want to announce as soon as possible.  I know that b/c there's no announcement that just means the deal isn't right for one side or the other but, I went through the day kinda nervous and now I'm feeling a lot better.  I guess it still could mean that it could go either way.

hawgsav1

Assuming these three don't want the Arkansas job, who else can we get besides Doc Sadler?  I don't think they'll hire DS because people will think "wow, you fired heath to get sadler?"  I think if they can't find anyone, I think they'll definitely give Mike Anderson a try or Chris Lowery or some of those guys.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

ksrazorback

[

Are we there yet... huh?? are we there yet... huh??
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

RhodeHog

Quote from: ksrazorback on March 27, 2007, 05:12:48 pm
[

Are we there yet... huh?? are we there yet... huh??

Yeah, really.  My patience is wearing thin.

jdlee23

You're also not taking into account that, yes, they played it that way last year, and, yes, he was promised a new facility.  But... since then, there has been no moving forward with the plans to actually build the thing.  Maybe there is more to it than we think.  We'll see.

keybored

From what I've heard they are to break ground on the facility in April as scheduled.

RWHubbard

In fact, Gillispie was part of the entire design process on the new facility A&M is breaking ground for.  He has worked closely with the athletic to get the facilities there on par or better than any place in the country.  They are also adding another 3K seats to Reed Arena.

Of course, he still may change jobs. Unless Gillispie says something one way or another or signs the new contract at A&M, everyone just has to wait and see.

jamie72921

How many times do you think Gillispie can return to the same well before the waters get poisoned?

Coaches that flirt this often will not be pursued very long.If he doesn't leave after this, he will be there for life.

I am pretty sure that is not his desire.
Bless your heart