Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCurdy Gone

Started by Smithian, March 27, 2007, 05:16:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pignominious

Good luck Mac.  I know you'll make it out there somewhere man.  You hit one of the best shots in Razorback history.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

go hogues

Didnt he already transfer from somewhere else TO Arkansas?  He's going on the four schools in four years plan I guess.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Adam Stokes

Quote from: go hogues on March 27, 2007, 06:50:42 pm
Didnt he already transfer from somewhere else TO Arkansas?  He's going on the four schools in four years plan I guess.

No, he was a recruit out of Jersey.  He was in the top 150 before getting injured his senior season of high school.

Super Scrapper

Quote from: ErieHog on March 27, 2007, 05:37:37 pm
Quote from: ReservoirHog on March 27, 2007, 05:35:13 pm
I'd liked to have seen McCurdy and Sammy Munsey go at it in one-on-one

Cannon Whitby would have ate McCurdy's lunch.  So would Davor.

Who have you been talking to? Cannon Whitby?  He is the only one who ever thought he was that good...well he might have been better than McCurdy but let's not get carried away with Cannon...He was way overrated...SS

Go Scrappers/Go Hogs
:razorback:

ReservoirHog

We can send him to Mississippi State as a way of saying thanks for Gary Ervin. Although some might argue Ervin wasn't a gift.

TennesseeRaz

I'll always remember the way McCurdy treated my boys at the Stan Heath Camp last summer.  Thanks, Sean, you're a class act, unlike several of the posters on this thread.

Dugann

I wish him the best I thought he could have been a good 6th man, but sad that he didn't give a new coach a chance.  Good luck Sean.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

hogfan30

March 27, 2007, 07:36:56 pm #57 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:39:51 pm by hogfan30
What happened to the mccurdyites from last year who loved mccurdy, talked about how many minutes he needed, and how much they hated Jefferson?!

Good luck Sean, you played hard, and represented the program well. +1 for being a class act.

TDHog

Quote from: hogfan30 on March 27, 2007, 07:36:56 pm
What happened to the mccurdyites from last year who loved mccurdy, talked about how many minutes he needed, and how much they hated Jefferson?!

Good luck Sean, you played hard, and represented the program well. +1 for being a class act.

I am one right here.  McCurdy was not the most athletic, but he had a great understanding of how our O and D was supposed to run.  Anytime he was on the floor, he could be heard barking out commands.  You haters forget, he was just a Soph.  What we needed the last 2 years was a coach on the floor.  I think he could have contributed some next year and a great deal his senior season.  None the less, I wish him well, he always hustled which is more than I can say about 90% of our players.

2hogfans

IS THIS TRUE??!!??

I like him alot, he may not be the best razorback ever but I thought he was a good PG, and showed great potential. I always admired his enthusiasm even on the bench, he was always pumping the other guys up, seemed like a real team player. I will be sad to see him gone.

pigfeet

I wish him well....he just was't a SEC player.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 27, 2007, 06:02:11 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 27, 2007, 05:19:27 pm
Sean McCurdy is a D1 player.  You have 300+ D1 teams.
He just didn't make the adjustment to the SEC play.  He'd do fine in CUSA or the MVC.
I wish him well.  McCurdy never complained.  Played hard in the minutes he got.
Guess that's what you learn under Coach Hurley.
Agreed 100% Bomis.  

Seemed like a stand up guy.  Personally I think he got the shaft last year not getting any more PT while Dontell Jefferson got a ton.  This year, I would have liked for him to get a few more minutes.  In any case, he's a heady player that hustles and does what he's asked to do.  Very smart.  Never got a chance to get any kind of groove going.  Hate to see him go.
I think this will hurt more than people realize. SM was starting to get in his groove by the end of the season.
He would never be a starter at Arkansas, but we really need some depth. Erving played waaaay too much this year. We needed a guy that could come in and give us 15-20 minutes off of the bench. I think if Sm would have stayed he would have seen his role increase over the next couple of years.

Oh well, next..........

Good luck SM.

Humbleme

kitshicker

McCurdy seemed to degress since last year. Last season, I thought he was decent. He did nothing to impress me this year. It seemed he had more trouble controlling the ball, and his 3-point shot was off all year.
I wish him well though.