Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is an example of why Nolan will never coach at the Div 1 level again

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 27, 2007, 07:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

With statements like Nolan made about Broyles it is for sure than no A.D. in America would hire him.  He should just go ahead and move to Mexico.  You can raise horses there Nolan and you would live like a king down there.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jamie72921

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 08:17:03 am
Quote from: RazorbackBurger on March 27, 2007, 08:11:36 am
I also pay to go to basketball games, and Nolan is still entitled to his opinion, whether it is the same as yours and mine or not. If you don't like that, well Cuba is very nice this time of year from what I hear and you sound like you would fit in very nicely.

Technically, of course he is. But if he had any sense of propriety at all, and he does not, he'd keep quiet on an issue that he is obviously extremely biased about. But Nolan has never been able to shut his piehole about anything so why start now. It doesn't really matter though since he has no credibility with anyone. It's really sad how far he has fallen. He'll never coach in college again. Oh, and what happened to that NBA gig that Nolan was thinking he'd get?

You think Nolan's bitterness is all about basketball matters.

You are so wrong you couldn't catch a bus back to being right.

Have you ever considered how Nolan was treated in a disgusting fashion as his daughter Yvonne was dying by the likes of Broyles and some powerful boosters?

If you were in those shoes, is it possible you might have some bitterness as well?

His treatment during such a traumatic time is at the core of his bitterness for all things Broyles.

Your unforgiving attitude is far more egregious an offense from what I can tell.
Bless your heart

Temprees

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 08:07:07 am
Quote from: RazorbackBurger on March 27, 2007, 08:02:16 am
Nolan is just as entitled to his opinion as you are, and his opinions are more informed then yours...unless of course you have coach d1 basketball in arkansas. I didn't want Stan back either, but I think it's very unfortunate he can't see out this very talented team he was put together.

That's where you are wrong. Nolan is not entitled to his opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine. I'm not making $500,000 a year from the U of A. In fact, I've paid the U of A to attend basketball games, not paid by them to attend. I am the fan, Nolan was the coach. Nolan, if he were a man and if he weren't stupid, should keep quiet and leave his stupidity and bitterness to speculation rather than making it a known fact.
Nolan is just as entitled to his opinion as you are, and his opinions are more informed then yours...unless of course you have coach d1 basketball in arkansas. I didn't want Stan back either, but I think it's very unfortunate he can't see out this very talented team he was put together.

That's where you are wrong. Nolan is not entitled to his opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine. I'm not making $500,000 a year from the U of A. In fact, I've paid the U of A to attend basketball games, not paid by them to attend. I am the fan, Nolan was the coach. Nolan, if he were a man and if he weren't stupid, should keep quiet and leave his stupidity and bitterness to speculation rather than making it a known fact.
Nolan is a man, and his is not stupid.  Nolan is entitled to his opinion.  Nolan did not hire Heath, a coach who had 1 year of head coaching experience before.  Frank made that decision.  If Frank hired someone who was not qualified, why is Frank being taken to task.
Also, why is Frank not taken to task for interferring and intermeddling with Nolan?  You guys are so weak minded. 

Temprees

Nolan is a man, and his is not stupid.  Nolan is entitled to his opinion.  Nolan did not hire Heath, a coach who had 1
I also pay to go to basketball games, and Nolan is still entitled to his opinion, whether it is the same as yours and mine or not. If you don't like that, well Cuba is very nice this time of year from what I hear and you sound like you would fit in very nicely.

Technically, of course he is. But if he had any sense of propriety at all, and he does not, he'd keep quiet on an issue that he is obviously extremely biased about. But Nolan has never been able to shut his piehole about anything so why start now. It doesn't really matter though since he has no credibility with anyone. It's really sad how far he has fallen. He'll never coach in college again. Oh, and what happened to that NBA gig that Nolan was thinking he'd get?
So I guess you have no bias regarding the Arkansas basketball program.  Sure you do.  Why are you a member of this board.  You always want your University team viewed in a positive light, irrespective of what the facts happen to be.  

Also, Nolan has credibility with many people.  He only lacks credibility with people like you, who only want their team and University viewed in a positive light, irrespective of the facts.

Wow, you know what Nolan is thinking.  I guess that makes you a mind reader.  You are truly amazing.  Hats off to you.

Temprees

Nolan is a man, and his is not stupid.  Nolan is entitled to his opinion.  Nolan did not hire Heath, a coach who had 1

So I guess you have no bias regarding the Arkansas basketball program.  Sure you do.  Why are you a member of this board.  You always want your University team viewed in a positive light, irrespective of what the facts happen to be.  

Also, Nolan has credibility with many people.  He only lacks credibility with people like you, who only want their team and University viewed in a positive light, irrespective of the facts.

Wow, you know what Nolan is thinking.  I guess that makes you a mind reader.  You are truly amazing.  Hats off to you.
Quote from: ottopit on March 27, 2007, 08:41:37 am
Losing Nolan Richardson was the worst thing that happened to this program.Getting rid of Frank Broyles will be the best thing that ever happened to this program.

I agree.  

devildog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 07:40:19 am
"Frank Broyles ought to take the job," Richardson said. "Hell, he can win with the team (Heath is) leaving."

"I thought he deserved another year," Richardson said. "Just to finish out his class and not let some other coach come in and take what he's already beginning to start."

Will it not be essentially the same team that Heath piloted to a 7-9 conference record this season?

That line of reasoning does not hold up against Stan's road record and the fact that UofA BBall has dropped off the national radar after a 20 year stint in the elite. 

ThunderHog

I think Nolan has gotten the last laugh.  He was paid his money and while he was being paid, he hung around and became a thorn in Broyle's side, something I'm sure he has really enjoyed.  If some of the pissers and moaners on here thinks that Nolan gives a rats a$$ what you think, then you have lost your mind. 

Hogsmith

I wonder if he wonders why no one hires him with comments like that and biting the hand that feed him by suing the UA and appealing it.

jamie72921

Quote from: Hogsmith on March 27, 2007, 04:48:25 pm
I wonder if he wonders why no one hires him with comments like that and biting the hand that feed him by suing the UA and appealing it.

He hasn't pursued a job since leaving Arkansas is the ONLY reason he hasn't been hired.
Bless your heart

Dr. Leonard Ford

AnthroHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 07:58:03 am
If Nolan had finished his job it wouldn't have been necessary to hire Stan Heath in the first place.

Actually, wouldn't Mike Anderson be the coach by now?  I always thought that one year that Nolan would leave in the middle of the year, citing being burnt out, and Anderson would be the interim for the rest of the year.

Do you think that if Anderson would've gotten a true shot at the job once Nolan left, he would still be the coach here?

Blue35

Put a sock in it Nolan.  I am sick and tired of your crying and complaining.  You no longer have standing to say anything about anything worth listening to. You contribute nothing.  Unless someone is bragging on and patronizing you to high heaven, you are dissatisfied. You are a has been, rude, crude, contentious blowhard jerk.  Why don't you go tote water for the right reverent Jesse Jackson or whatever his  name is. :puke:

cluelessgdog

This is my very first time reading and posting on this board and if what I'm reading is a reflection of the attitudes in this state-then we are no further in race relations than some 50-60 years ago. A black man can't express his opinions in 2007? And when he does he's considered a racist.Come on people Nolan's statement about Frank winning next year with those players is a very true assesement. Hell any one of you on this board could. Nolan has taken this athletic department to heights never seen before by winning a TRUE Recognized National Championship!!!!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bigrod155 on March 27, 2007, 03:50:53 pm
Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on March 27, 2007, 03:47:53 pm
"Frank Broyles ought to take the job," Richardson said. "Hell, he can win with the team (Heath is) leaving."

"I thought he deserved another year," Richardson said. "Just to finish out his class and not let some other coach come in and take what he's already beginning to start."

"God almighty, what do you need?" Richardson said. "I just feel bad that he didn't get a chance to coach them all the way out."

He may have been a great basketball coach at one point but he's not half the man Stan Heath is and never will be.  Nolan thinks he's doing a service to all the people who look like him and talk like him. On the contrary, he's setting back those groups by decades.

Get off Nolan's back.

The man has the right to say what he thinks. Besides, what he's saying that offends you so much isn't even controversial.

Right on.  This board is full of hypocrites. 

What Nolan says does not offend me. I simply think it's stupid and shows a lack of appreciation to the U of A for hiring Nolan from Tulsa and giving him the opportunity to perform at the highest level of college basketball. You both misunderstand the whole thing...not surprising given the intelligence level of the majority of posters on these boards.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ThunderHog on March 27, 2007, 04:16:04 pm
I think Nolan has gotten the last laugh.  He was paid his money and while he was being paid, he hung around and became a thorn in Broyle's side, something I'm sure he has really enjoyed.  If some of the pissers and moaners on here thinks that Nolan gives a rats a$$ what you think, then you have lost your mind. 

Nolan is too bitter and too insane to care what anyone thinks. If you think any of us think Nolan cares about what is said by anyone, you're the crazy one.

As for Nolan getting the last laugh, you're a freaking idiot. He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a federal lawsuit that he lost. Walker doesn't work for free on that kind of lawsuit. Nolan [CENSORED] himself with his own pride and ignorance. I am certain that the U of A got the last laugh there. And they got the next to last laugh as well when they fired Nolan before the season ended in '02...the ultimate slap across the jaw.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 04:50:12 pm

He hasn't pursued a job since leaving Arkansas is the ONLY reason he hasn't been hired.

Notes?

You seem to be about his intelligence level so I am thinking you are Notes.

hogman64

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 04:50:12 pm

Thats a joke  no one wants to hire him whether he pursues the job or not makes no difference, same result...........not hired................and if he was hired he would want to be treated like a king, and I am sure recruiting would be beneath him.........it just messes things up when washed up has beens want to be treated like kings............

HardCore

Quote from: BigSnout on March 27, 2007, 08:52:46 am

I normally don't agree with hardly anything you say, but that is a very good post.

He still PO'ed that Frank shot his horse
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Pork Salad Annie

Ole Nolan's still rollin on hate.

His baseless lawsuits and appeals against the University did'nt stop it.

Paying him millions of dollars for doing nothing and laying around on his farm did'nt stop it.

No team anywhere in this country would hire him to coach because of it.

Sad really, but he did it to himself.

jamie72921

You guys are daft.

We have an exciting circumstance happening in the world of Hog basketball right now and all you can do is complain about a coach that has been gone 5 years now because a reporter called him up and asked him some questions.

You would think that if you are so lame as to wish to live in the past, you would at least go back to the good parts of it instead of hanging out in the sewer.

You guys could benefit from forgiveness in a big way. Both for yourselves and toward others.
Bless your heart

Pork Salad Annie

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 10:59:47 pm
You guys are daft.

You guys could benefit from forgiveness in a big way. Both for yourselves and toward others.

Maybe you could pass that sage advice on to ole Nolan.
He's the one continuing to make the public cracks about UA officials.

outlaw5

I don't post much but I have to chime in here. The bad thing about Nolan is that he probably has kept another good coach from being hired at UA. Mike Anderson will never get a look as the coach as long as Nolan is in the state. I don't have any inside information but I'm not stupid either. The UA doesn't want anything or anyone connected with Nolan around the program and I'm sure Anderson would not want to live in the shadow. Nolan was a great coach that let his feelings cost him a job and Heath is a good coach and good man as well. The problem I had with him was the appearance of enthusiasm. He may have been fired up inside but that needs to show outwardly quite often. You motivate by being motivated. My $.02.
Root Hog or Die!

jamie72921

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 27, 2007, 11:10:32 pm
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 10:59:47 pm
You guys are daft.

Maybe you could pass that sage advice on to ole Nolan.
He's the one continuing to make the public cracks about UA officials.

I am afraid that time has shown Nolan to be justified in his remarks, aside from the racial aspect.

His pointing out that there is a double standard is as much a gig at Nutt, who if you paid any attention to when Nolan blew up, was on record as having made complaints to the BAC that Nolan's comments had hurt his recruiting efforts for football.

Gig away Nolan. The redneck sob's can't take it.
Bless your heart

mykidsdad

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 27, 2007, 08:44:56 am
Quote from: ottopit on March 27, 2007, 08:41:37 am
Losing Nolan Richardson was the worst thing that happened to this program.Getting rid of Frank Broyles will be the best thing that ever happened to this program.

Wrong Nolan Lover....Getting rid of that racist was the best...Plus he shot his own horses...

Frank has a bigger sack than you ever will

You would know wouldn't you!

redbug56

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 07:58:03 am
If Nolan had finished his job it wouldn't have been necessary to hire Stan Heath in the first place.

+1 your exactly right

redbug56

Nolan is an idiot. If he would have kept his mouth shut and kept doing his job he would still be here.

mykidsdad

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 27, 2007, 10:58:33 pm

Paying him millions of dollars for doing nothing and laying around on his farm did'nt stop it.

Baseless? Please read what the judge said. It was not baseless. Open your eyes people, stop letting people feed you crap without checking the facts yourself. Go read for yourself. Broyles is an evil, evil, evil man!!!!!!!!!!

redbug56

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 27, 2007, 04:53:28 pm
"those groups"??  Damn, I think you are set back decades.

if "those groups" didnt always say when something bad happens that its because they were in "those groups" we wouldnt have to say "those groups"    :puke:

redbug56

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 27, 2007, 11:36:26 pm

Baseless? Please read what the judge said. It was not baseless. Open your eyes people, stop letting people feed you crap without checking the facts yourself. Go read for yourself. Broyles is an evil, evil, evil man!!!!!!!!!!

nolan got on tv and bad mouthed his boss. called fans rednecks and basically called everyone racist but him. he should have been fired. HE'S THE RACIST PIG.

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:38:46 pm

if "those groups" didnt always say when something bad happens that its because they were in "those groups" we wouldnt have to say "those groups"    :puke:

You are sounding very racist.
Bless your heart

aloha_kid

"God almighty, what do you need?" Richardson said. "I just feel bad that he didn't get a chance to coach them all the way out."

He may have been a great basketball coach at one point but he's not half the man Stan Heath is and never will be.  Nolan thinks he's doing a service to all the people who look like him and talk like him. On the contrary, he's setting back those groups by decades.

You missed the best part:

""While discussing Heath, Richardson brought up the Razorbacks' football program. Arkansas coach Houston Nutt endured losing seasons in 2004 and 2005 but was not fired.

"I still see a big difference between football," Richardson said. "They lost two years in a row, and still that didn't happen.""

That's what Nolan was pointing out.  The same stuff he pointed out during the interview a couple months back when Mahlzan left.

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 11:41:03 pm

I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT NOLAN.

ishankem

yea, I guess ole Frank mistreated Nolan. He made him a multi-millionaire. I should be so lucky to be mistreated that way.

jamie72921

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:41:37 pm

You missed the best part:

""While discussing Heath, Richardson brought up the Razorbacks' football program. Arkansas coach Houston Nutt endured losing seasons in 2004 and 2005 but was not fired.

"I still see a big difference between football," Richardson said. "They lost two years in a row, and still that didn't happen.""

That's what Nolan was pointing out.  The same stuff he pointed out during the interview a couple months back when Mahlzan left.

You are right of course.

But that doesn't fit into mark's bitter little worldview.
Bless your heart

redbug56

NOLAN  :puke:

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:45:17 pm

NOLAN  :puke:

Adolph?
Bless your heart

aloha_kid

Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:40:01 pm

nolan got on tv and bad mouthed his boss. called fans rednecks and basically called everyone racist but him. he should have been fired. HE'S THE RACIST PIG.

Strong words.  I seem to remember growing up in NW Arkansas in the 70's - 80's.  I still remember as a child in Rogers watching the Klan march for new members.  I remember when Bentonville High School had 2 African American students.  I remember Rogers in the 80's where a mixed couple was looked at funny.  You know why?  Because we were (some still are) redneck racist.  Don't pretend it didn't happen.  It happened while I was growing up.  It happened while Nolan was coach, and I'd be willing to bet it is still going on.  I said from the outset that if Stan was fired, there would be consequences.  I am just shocked that more of the media outlets are not keying in on it. 

You can say what you want to about Nolan, but you can't say he will not tell you what is on his mind. 

aloha_kid

Quote from: ishankem on March 27, 2007, 11:44:03 pm
yea, I guess ole Frank mistreated Nolan. He made him a multi-millionaire. I should be so lucky to be mistreated that way.

Nolan earned that money.  Worked hard for it.  Was never given anything.

redbug56

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:47:27 pm

Strong words.  I seem to remember growing up in NW Arkansas in the 70's - 80's.  I still remember as a child in Rogers watching the Klan march for new members.  I remember when Bentonville High School had 2 African American students.  I remember Rogers in the 80's where a mixed couple was looked at funny.  You know why?  Because we were (some still are) redneck racist.  Don't pretend it didn't happen.  It happened while I was growing up.  It happened while Nolan was coach, and I'd be willing to bet it is still going on.  I said from the outset that if Stan was fired, there would be consequences.  I am just shocked that more of the media outlets are not keying in on it. 

You can say what you want to about Nolan, but you can't say he will not tell you what is on his mind. 

so just becuase he tells you whats on his mind that makes him a good person. he quit the job 2 years before he was fired. if racism is giving a man millions of dollars to coach basketball then bring on the racism towards me. i think im ready

ishankem

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:48:44 pm

Frank gave him the opportunity when he hired him

aloha_kid

Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:50:17 pm

so just becuase he tells you whats on his mind that makes him a good person. he quit the job 2 years before he was fired. if racism is giving a man millions of dollars to coach basketball then bring on the racism towards me. i think im ready

Really, seems to me he had a solid class coming in that year.  And had JJ Sulinger returning along with some other good players

redbug56

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:54:06 pm

Really, seems to me he had a solid class coming in that year.  And had JJ Sulinger returning along with some other good players

yeah well what happened the few years before that. when he would sit on the bench roll up that folder and look like he lost his best friend. looked like he quit to me. just my opinion

jamie72921

No, the racism is referring to the coach you are paying as a nagger in front of boosters.

Sounds like you would be cool with that anyway, Hitler.
Bless your heart

aloha_kid

Quote from: ishankem on March 27, 2007, 11:52:26 pm
Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:48:44 pm

Frank gave him the opportunity when he hired him

So he owes Frank a big thank you?  He worked his tail off.  Do you remember the bad calls the Hogs got Nolans first couple of years in the SWC.  How many of those were race related?  Nolan was given the opportunity and worked hard and guess what ... he was pretty successful. 

Frank also gave him a pretty hard time while Nolans daughter was dying.  Does Nolan owe him a big thanks for that as well? 

Pork Salad Annie

There is a reason Nolan has never been offered a job by any college, never offered a job by any NBA team: everybody knows he is a powder keg of boiling hatred, just waiting to explode and destroy any program he's employed by.

aloha_kid

Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:56:15 pm
Quote from: aloha_kid on March 27, 2007, 11:54:06 pm

yeah well what happened the few years before that. when he would sit on the bench roll up that folder and look like he lost his best friend. looked like he quit to me. just my opinion

You mean when he had signed Sunday, Jessee Pate and had one of the top classes coming in????  Or when he was in the final 4 in 94 and 95????  Just when did he look like he quit???  You gotta be a little more specific than "that one time he was eating a hamburger at sonic and spilled his drink in his lap"

aloha_kid

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 27, 2007, 11:58:28 pm
There is a reason Nolan has never been offered a job by any college, never offered a job by any NBA team: everybody knows he is a powder keg of boiling hatred, just waiting to explode and destroy any program he's employed by.

I don't know about him being a powder keg of hatred, but he definitely is not going to hold his tongue.  That is what made him so attractive on his championship run.  His whole it's us against the world.

jamie72921

Never offered?

Didn't he coach here? I also know for a fact he turned down the Atlanta Hawks two straight seasons.

Nolan is highly respected outside the state of Arkansas.

If he wanted a job he could have one tommorrow. He just hasn't wanted one very badly is all.

The man is 60 for crying out loud.
Bless your heart

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 11:57:11 pm

No, the racism is referring to the coach you are paying as a nagger in front of boosters.

Sounds like you would be cool with that anyway, Hitler.

i know racism is a bad thing and that it happens.  but if racism is paying a man while he sits on his ranch while doing nothing but bad mouthing us, bring it.  moron

redbug56

i agree