Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan's comments on ESPN.com (Yes, it's been posted. Don't start yet another thread about it. Read more, post less.)

Started by forrest city joe, March 26, 2007, 08:12:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Salad Annie

HamShank

On the one hand, I respect Nolan because he brought us a National Championship and his opinion in here is justified - there is a double-standard between basketball and football and Nutt should've been fired after 4-7.

On the other hand, I can't respect anyone that hunkers down into his own self-created "Special Victims Unit" and crawls out of his hovel only to b*tch about similar injustices.

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: IronHog on March 26, 2007, 08:18:10 pm
Iconic Darksiders.

1. Nolan
2. Mustain

Dimebag Darrel is a bar chord losser. My lawnmower shreds more in 2 days then this chump did in his life.  Poser.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

ReverzeMicrowave

hawgsav1

Quote from: Houston hater on March 26, 2007, 08:40:18 pm
Nolan has every right to question the way things have been done in Fayetteville!
In spite of all his accomplishments, he was always treated like a second hand citizen by the University.  Yes he was paid handsomely, but over time even that doesn't overshadow the fact that you are second fiddle to a sport that had produced nothing!  Nolan won it all!  Enough said!!!!!!!!!

Completely agree.  Yes Nolan's ranting probably made it worse for everyone.  However, his point that he was never given the respect that he deserved was legitimate.  I'm so sick of hearing people say that Eddie Sutton was the greatest blah blah blah.  it's simply not true.  Yes Eddie had a better win percentage but he played fewer games and in a weaker conference.  Nolan did three times what Sutton did in the tournament and yet idiotic fans keep complaining that Nolan didn't do enough.  And we as a fan base need to stop complaining about Nolan and respect what he did.  He went on a tirade, said some dumb things about the University and the fanbase.  If people are going to go up on their high horse, they should have the courtesy to turn the other cheek.  I don't know whether Nolan's firing was racially motivated.  I know that Broyles and Nolan butted heads on more than one occasion and that might have had someting to do with his firing.  I DO believe that the media and other people did put Eddie Sutton up on a pedestal and didn't give nolan the respect he should have gotten.  I've always supported the Razorbacks, and I've always supported Nolan Richardson. I wish the best for both.  I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Nolan back on the bench again.  It would be nice to see him bring us back to the glory days.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

heathtits

The fact that so many anti-Nutt guys are bagging on Nolan is quite hilarious and marvelously ironic. You're bashing on the very coach who is a forcefull wall against the so called "good ole boy'' system that is keeping Nutt around, and you call him a bitter jeolous loser in spite of him building all our fangled facilities and "tradition". I don't think he's bitter at all, he's more man than half this board and it showed when he stood up to the U of A and JFB. He didn't sell out and keep his mouth shut just to keep his job, he spoke out against a lot of BS that WITHOUT A DOUBT, goes on at our campus.

The real issue with Nolan's firing was the fear of having an African-American athletic director. No way in hell was Frank going to let that develop. It's the EXACT same situation that drove Tubby out of Kentucky and one way or another has put our program in the craphole.

And any of you "hogfans" who say Nolan should keep his mouth shut? Who in the hell are you to say the man who MADE our program into everything you cheer for doesn't have a right to comment on his old program.

Like it or not he is a figure head, he still lives in the area and obviously follows current events. There's no way you can ever question his class or his integrity just because he had the balls to speak out against something. I'll readily admit the lawsuit was somewhat excessive and overdone, but I'm siding with Nolan in that a point needed to be made.

He wasn't going to be FBs little bitch, esp after his accomplishments and dedication. Not the same little snitch that this entire board solely functions on in bashing.....

Besides, I say characters are welcome at the UofA. Id rather have charismatic, outspoken personalities running our teams rather than undereducated, boring, egotistical, masters of the postgame interview like Nutt and Heath. Because it is afterall, just entertainement. Richardson changed the way SEC ball was played and has had a large influence on many current coaches. No names like Bruce Pearl and Billy Donavan.

Nolan should NEVER be forgotten, he is a legend at our campus and I hope after JFB is gone, he can enjoy his legend status and start attending games.

heathtits

Quote from: RedyorNot on March 26, 2007, 10:08:21 pm
Considering the lackluster, in the gutter way he left the program, he has the guts to say "let him finish this out with his recruits"? That pompus idiot is the reason we went from prominence to mediocrity because he gave up on the program, the tradition, turned everything personal and left the team with with nothing? What a joke!

You're bashing Nolan personally, under an anonymous alias, there's no doubt you have never met the man himself, and you're questioning his character level. What an explosion of manliness and character you are...

And your argument regarding his leaving the program in mediocrity? It was 2 years of it, not the 5 years of enjoyement we've all been blessed with. We won the SEC tourni, which if you actually watched, you'd know how exciting and memorable those 4 days actually were. Not to mention we weren't having the pleasure of attending ladyrazorback level attendance numbers during home conference games. Ill take that any day over the past 1825 days of Stan Heath.

In simple terms, let Nolan bitch, he owns the right and is reaking the benefits. Bring on BCG!

hawgsav1

Quote from: heathtits on March 27, 2007, 02:45:07 am
The fact that so many anti-Nutt guys are bagging on Nolan is quite hilarious and marvelously ironic. You're bashing on the very coach who is a forcefull wall against the so called "good ole boy'' system that is keeping Nutt around, and you call him a bitter jeolous loser in spite of him building all our fangled facilities and "tradition". I don't think he's bitter at all, he's more man than half this board and it showed when he stood up to the U of A and JFB. He didn't sell out and keep his mouth shut just to keep his job, he spoke out against a lot of BS that WITHOUT A DOUBT, goes on at our campus.

The real issue with Nolan's firing was the fear of having an African-American athletic director. No way in hell was Frank going to let that develop. It's the EXACT same situation that drove Tubby out of Kentucky and one way or another has put our program in the craphole.

And any of you "hogfans" who say Nolan should keep his mouth shut? Who in the hell are you to say the man who MADE our program into everything you cheer for doesn't have a right to comment on his old program.

Like it or not he is a figure head, he still lives in the area and obviously follows current events. There's no way you can ever question his class or his integrity just because he had the balls to speak out against something. I'll readily admit the lawsuit was somewhat excessive and overdone, but I'm siding with Nolan in that a point needed to be made.

He wasn't going to be FBs little bitch, esp after his accomplishments and dedication. Not the same little snitch that this entire board solely functions on in bashing.....

Besides, I say characters are welcome at the UofA. Id rather have charismatic, outspoken personalities running our teams rather than undereducated, boring, egotistical, masters of the postgame interview like Nutt and Heath. Because it is afterall, just entertainement. Richardson changed the way SEC ball was played and has had a large influence on many current coaches. No names like Bruce Pearl and Billy Donavan.

Nolan should NEVER be forgotten, he is a legend at our campus and I hope after JFB is gone, he can enjoy his legend status and start attending games.

Amen, I'd give you plus 100 points if I could.  Nolan loves the program and built it into what it is today.  He deserves respect from everyone here.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawaiianhogster

Nolan is right about keeping Stan. Stan can win it all with his team next season. Hell Frank can to. Sorry excuse for a human had to fire Stan. He better pray they get a coach that can win it all. Otherwise another ploy of Frank trying to bring the program down before he leaves. That's why Nutt is still hd coach. Keep the fans divided. Good job Franky. Good name for a mafia leader.

taoteching

He right about the next year's team having lots of talent.  He right about who recruited them.  He is right about HDN.

Stan was fired because of the empty seats at Bud Walton.

If we are not happy with HDN....I guess we know what we have to do.