Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN's Andy Katz (Yes, people are already talking about his comments. Do NOT start a new thread.)

Started by dhornjr1, March 26, 2007, 02:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUHOG718

WOw Gotlieb actually gave us some props. I still dont like the guy for all his comments after selection sunday
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

AHogalypto

ESPN can kiss my ass, I could care less what these tools have to say about us anymore.

Hollywood_HOGan

you really think that Arkansas would fire a coach that just got to the NCAAT two years in a row if they didnt already have their #1 target locked up?

Katz is a doosh

Hawgvillain

Quote from: nschmi04 on March 26, 2007, 04:33:05 pm
Gillispie . . . maybe.

Self?  You don't have a prayer.
Our athletic department doesn't make this move without being certain it can get a bigtime coach.  Everyone seems to believe it will be Gillispie but who knows for sure.  If it's not him then it will be a "name" hire.  And rumors are that Self is unhappy...

aristotle

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 26, 2007, 04:32:41 pm
Katz is a D-bag.

Perhaps, but he broke the story. He knew something was going down and said he had interviewed Stan yesterday and Stan and his wife were going to the movies. Stan said he was coming back and was going to have a strong year at Arkansas next year.

Josh Elliot joked that Katz knew so quick he informed Heath of his firing. They got a little laugh out of that.

brandon

Gillispie . . . maybe.

We can always pray

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2007, 04:32:48 pm
I see you left out Doug's comments about our job being a Top 10 job and listing the reasons why. 

Here...I'll just pass along that for him.

He said we were still a top 10 program in basketball with better facilities in Bud Walton Arena.  He also said we had deep pockets and could afford to outbid A&M.

snoot hoggy hog

Gillispie . . . maybe.

Really don't want Self after that crap in the bed he took against UCLA.

aristotle

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 26, 2007, 04:33:30 pm
WOw Gotlieb actually gave us some props. I still dont like the guy for all his comments after selection sunday

He gave us major props. Those complaining that we never get any respect from national press would have enjoyed it.

nschmi04

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 26, 2007, 04:34:42 pm
Gillispie . . . maybe.

Our athletic department doesn't make this move without being certain it can get a bigtime coach.  Everyone seems to believe it will be Gillispie but who knows for sure.  If it's not him then it will be a "name" hire.  And rumors are that Self is unhappy...

The moment you can substantiate that is the moment I give it credibility.  Self was recently quoted as saying (when asked about the UA job), "There is absolutely no truth to that.  Cindy and I love Lawrence and the University of Kansas.  This is where we want to be."  

But, dreams will go on . . .

nschmi04

[/quote]

Really don't want Self after that crap in the bed he took against UCLA.
[/quote]

Well, there you have it.  I guess there's no problem then.  I care about you guy's.  I don't want you to get your hopes up.  You'll get someone decent . . . I promise.

beachhawg

Quote from: aristotle on March 26, 2007, 04:34:50 pm
Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 26, 2007, 04:32:41 pm
Katz is a D-bag.

Perhaps, but he broke the story. He knew something was going down and said he had interviewed Stan yesterday and Stan and his wife were going to the movies. Stan said he was coming back and was going to have a strong year at Arkansas next year.

Josh Elliot joked that Katz knew so quick he informed Heath of his firing. They got a little laugh out of that.

Then Katz is lying because Stan has been heard saying he would not be here.

WMHawgfan

KU didn't think Roy Williams would ever leave either.

After two straight first round eliminations and falling short of the goals this year Self may be fealing a little heat up there and might be willing to listen to other offers.

nschmi04

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2007, 04:40:25 pm
What was Saban saying a few months ago? 

Apples to oranges, my friend.  Saban wanted back in college.  Self wouldn't dream of the tumble from KU to UA.  Not that UofA is a bad job - - just not KU.

milehipig

Why do we have to outbid them?  Isn't 1.5 million good enough? I thought it wasn't just about the dough with him.

Arkapigdiesel

Who gives a rat's ass as to what ESPN and their east coast lust fest thinks.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

budcampbellfan

March 26, 2007, 04:45:43 pm #66 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:47:44 pm by budcampbellfan
ESPN is still pissed at Arkansas for last year's boring spring football game Nutt conned them into showing on ESPNU.  lol
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

towneofbeverlyhills

espn...east coast bias...they don't know ish west of the miss...holla.

nschmi04

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2007, 04:42:00 pm
KU didn't think Roy Williams would ever leave either.

After two straight first round eliminations and falling short of the goals this year Self may be fealing a little heat up there and might be willing to listen to other offers.

You make a good point.  I think we can agree that these are two different stories.  Self is feeling NO heat with the exception of a few idiots who don't know any better.

helmet

Katz does not know what he is talking about. I'm sure he did talk to BG and I am sure BG was really going to tell AZ that Arkansas has been talking to him and they are close to a deal. These reporters think that since they work for ESPN that their word is God. It's not !!If you look back at their predictions half the time they are wrong. I don't think Broyles would fire Heath with out another coach. Where there is smoke there is fire. The unknown to me is will A&M start a bidding war. If BG has agreed to terms with Arkansas hope he sticks to his word.