Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dudley just posted some bad news

Started by gregt41, March 25, 2007, 07:51:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisburghog

jjsam

SH hasn't taken us to the next level in BB....the Hogs should have beat So.Cal. in the Tourn.  It has taken 10 years for HDN to win 10 games in FB.  We will never be a Big Time program with these 2 coaches!!

Wild Hog Donor :razorback:

pimphog

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 25, 2007, 09:17:05 pm
BTW- Clay has some much better, settling news. Just now.

What did he say SwineonYou??

forrest city joe

I trust my friend here in town very much on what's going on with the BB program.he tells me it's over and that Stan is out. i will believe him until proven otherwise.let's get bg in here now.

IcEwalker

im going to bed tonight optimistic, but i hope i can say the same tomorrow night.

WizardofhOgZ

Check this out . . . look at the post about the family friend of Billy G's sister and the trip to Arkansas:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=843345&forum_id=7

CCCharlie

Quote from: MCPeePants on March 25, 2007, 07:56:45 pm
Whatever. He's the one who hired those 2 African-American coaches in the first place.

Good point this is called the "Same actor defense" and is a very strong defense that is hard for the plaintiff to overcome.  Nolan's judge should have disposed of his case based on it.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: pimphog on March 25, 2007, 09:25:42 pm
Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 25, 2007, 09:17:05 pm
BTW- Clay has some much better, settling news. Just now.

What did he say SwineonYou??
If it weren't a pay-board I would be happy to share... I am sure someone else will eventually spill the beans but it won't be me.

I hope Clay is right. I am ready for a change, sooner than later.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SiriusHog™

harrisburghog

allright dam it, somebody spill the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimphog

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 25, 2007, 09:32:58 pm
IT JUST GOT BETTER!

come on dog....you know I will get the news from you first thing in the morning anyway during work.... ;)

SwinedMelon

HoopS

mikeirwin

Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 25, 2007, 08:35:53 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on March 25, 2007, 08:33:39 pm
Quote from: JIHawg on March 25, 2007, 08:28:50 pm
Dudley has no legitimate sources and is not very savvy as far as gathering and interpreting information.  He is usually a week behind the informed and connected posters on this board.  I wouldn't put anything in whatever he has to say.
Sorry but you're wrong.
Dudley is a veteran reporter with plenty of good sources.

mike what r your sources saying?
He's gone.
He's staying.
Depends on who you talk to.

Oklahawg

It appears the Texasags board has posters with the same skillset as many of our fine plane watchers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

harrisburghog

sure would be nice if prj where still around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smithian

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 25, 2007, 09:32:58 pm
IT JUST GOT BETTER!
I need mail. Or an e-mail. Or both. I beg of you!

I am bribing you with +1's for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SwinedMelon

Sorry. Can't do. Be patient. It should be worth the wait.

lrmtnhog

If this is true, I feel bad for Stan.  I definitely feel it is a time for a change, but I sure like Stan as a person.  I hope he gets a great job and his family is happy where they end up.

Smithian

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 25, 2007, 09:53:26 pm
Sorry. Can't do. Be patient. It should be worth the wait.
And I balanced out your karma at 134.

I shall become your smite devil.

Also, I apparently have one since every 45 minute or so my karma drops and it has become a regular occurance today... Even when I wasn't making posts...

Lanny

Quote from: redbug56 on March 25, 2007, 08:54:31 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on March 25, 2007, 08:52:15 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on March 25, 2007, 08:50:06 pm
I feel good about Stan being out, but what makes me nervous is, is White going to have the ball$ to pay BG?

Done deal, DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

hog1961 i hope your not getting me excited over nothing.  ;D

I know Hog1961 and I wouldn't bet against him.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HogFan1973

I hope all of you guys are right on this one.  Will be interesting to hear from my Aggie friends who say BG is there to stay for a long time.

SwinedMelon

enough PM's, please... I am not spilling the beans. See HSV's posts... that should give you confidence.

JIHawg

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 25, 2007, 09:43:16 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 25, 2007, 08:35:53 pm
Dudley has no legitimate sources and is not very savvy as far as gathering and interpreting information.  He is usually a week behind the informed and connected posters on this board.  I wouldn't put anything in whatever he has to say.
Sorry but you're wrong.

mike what r your sources saying?
He's gone.
He's staying.
Depends on who you talk to.

Yep, that's Dudley.  Solid info there.

SwinedMelon

"Is Stan Heath still the coach of the Razorback basketball team?" KNWA's teaser for Razorback Nation...

JIHawg

The Billie Gillespie deal was essentially done a week ago.  Dudley is just now getting wind of it, and while Otis' board has got it right, Dudley is vascillating back and forth and still doesn't know it's done.

Some great sources.

NostraHogmus

Just an opinion - If White keeps Stan,  it is his way of showing that he has the power now and not JFB.  Remember gents this is a business - has nothing to do with what the fans want at this point.  It is a power struggle nothing else... my fear is that because White is more interested in academia and power we are well on our way to being RICE!!!  Thoughts?

SwinedMelon

Quote from: JIHawg on March 25, 2007, 10:30:41 pm
The Billie Gillespie deal was essentially done a week ago.  Dudley is just now getting wind of it, and while Otis' board has got it right, Dudley is vascillating back and forth and still doesn't know it's done.

Some great sources.
Dudley is the recruiting guy. Not necessarily his bag. Its Clay's. Clay had the new info before anyone over here on Hogville- you can keep Otis. He's a dope.

whitecohogg

it's not a black/white thing, it's a suck thing!!

redbug56

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 25, 2007, 08:55:48 pm
Quote from: redbug56 on March 25, 2007, 08:54:31 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on March 25, 2007, 08:52:15 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on March 25, 2007, 08:50:06 pm
I feel good about Stan being out, but what makes me nervous is, is White going to have the ball$ to pay BG?

Done deal, DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

hog1961 i hope your not getting me excited over nothing.  ;D

Redbug, BE HAPPY....................

ok i am.  ;D

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: NostraHogmus on March 25, 2007, 10:31:41 pm
Just an opinion - If White keeps Stan,  it is his way of showing that he has the power now and not JFB.  Remember gents this is a business - has nothing to do with what the fans want at this point.  It is a power struggle nothing else... my fear is that because White is more interested in academia and power we are well on our way to being RICE!!!  Thoughts?

nope. well on our way to being FLORIDA
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

hogman64

Sorry but you're wrong.

Just curious , not trying to stir the pot, but when was the last time Dudley with all of his sources broke a story that wasnt already out on this board?   He may give a story a sense of legitimacy but does he ever release breaking news, it does seem there are people on this board that get news quicker than Dudley........of course i realize those people dont have to be as careful as Dudely......

HONDAHOG

Quote from: gregt41 on March 25, 2007, 07:51:40 pm
on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!
This is a serious problem. It is not so much firing a black coach but treating a white coach better than a black coach. You don't fire Nutt after winning 9 games in 2 seasons but you fire STAN after winning 20+ and NCAAT bid 2 yrs straight. If you don't think the NAACP will be all over the UofA for this think again. They are just waiting to come after us again after the whole Nolan thing.

SwinedMelon

Clay scooped it this time, I think. See my posts- and not I didn't tell you what he said- just that it was good news...

redbug56

josh_sec33

SOMEONE PLEASE send me a PM.... all confidentiality will be upheld. and send soon so I can go to bed. I have to go teach in the morning.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

TransAmHawg

Quote from: HONDAHOG on March 25, 2007, 11:27:59 pm
on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!
This is a serious problem. It is not so much firing a black coach but treating a white coach better than a black coach. You don't fire Nutt after winning 9 games in 2 seasons but you fire STAN after winning 20+ and NCAAT bid 2 yrs straight. If you don't think the NAACP will be all over the UofA for this think again. They are just waiting to come after us again after the whole Nolan thing.

Yeah it would be really bad to have a big scandalous drama going on here at Arkansas. 
   The kind that can bring a program to it's knees for the inapropreate actions by the Ad or head coach and his staff or friends.
  We have never had anything nearly as bad as the national media pointing out that we have a favorite coach here. That we fired(in a quiet whisper)a black coach for (gasp) a half empty BWA and lack of coaching ability.
  I'd welcome the bright lights on Dale, Frank, John "Boss Hog" White. Some light on the Dale situation might just make everyone on the hill shy away from good ol' Dale.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

pokerhog

Quote from: TransAmHawg on March 26, 2007, 12:09:58 am
Quote from: HONDAHOG on March 25, 2007, 11:27:59 pm

Yeah it would be really bad to have a big scandalous drama going on here at Arkansas. 
   The kind that can bring a program to it's knees for the inapropreate actions by the Ad or head coach and his staff or friends.
  We have never had anything nearly as bad as the national media pointing out that we have a favorite coach here. That we fired(in a quiet whisper)a black coach for (gasp) a half empty BWA and lack of coaching ability.
  I'd welcome the bright lights on Dale, Frank, John "Boss Hog" White. Some light on the Dale situation might just make everyone on the hill shy away from good ol' Dale.

I'm sorry, but to compare 2 football seasons to 2 basketball seasons is just flat out stupid. If they tried to argue something like that it would be laughable. Espically since Ark won 10 games in football for the first time since 1988.

biggiepiggie

If you can't fire them then don't hire them.

granny grunt

Yes,  I believe you can compare a football coach and a basketball coach's win / loss record.   They are essencially at the same percentage in wins.    Both had a better year than the year before,   both went to their respective play-offs. [NCAA tourn.  and Bowl game]   Both lost.  One whines and makes excuses while the other goes about his business of recruiting [something the other one knows nothing about]   One has class while the other has back-stabbed numerous coaches through the last 8 years in order to keep his job......  Keep Stan Heath....FIRE DMW....NOW!!!!!!!

granny grunt

Yes,  I believe you can compare a football coach and a basketball coach's win / loss record.   They are essencially at the same percentage in wins.    Both had a better year than the year before,   both went to their respective play-offs. [NCAA tourn.  and Bowl game]   Both lost.  One whines and makes excuses while the other goes about his business of recruiting [something the other one knows nothing about]   One has class while the other has back-stabbed numerous coaches through the last 8 years in order to keep his job......  Keep Stan Heath....FIRE DMW....NOW!!!!!!!

UsACoL1004

Quote from: MCPeePants on March 25, 2007, 07:56:45 pm
Whatever. He's the one who hired those 2 African-American coaches in the first place.

If you are referencing JW as the one that hired "those 2 African-American coaches in the first place", then you need to think before you post.

DeltaBoy

CLean house send Nutt packing too
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.