Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No sense delaying any longer..........Heath must leave

Started by Lanny, March 16, 2007, 11:14:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

OK, I give up.  YOU should be the next coach at the UofA.  You obviously have the answers.

What's sad is, I wasn't advocating that Stan should stay.

jamie72921

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 17, 2007, 01:29:10 am
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 17, 2007, 01:22:05 am
YOUR PROGRAM IS NOT IN BETTER SHAPE THAN IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep banging your head against the wall.  Your buddy Nolan had declining attendance, was not winning, and certainly didn't have the program in a stable position.  He was too worried about his great great grandpa sailing across the ocean on the Santa Maria. 

The program is stable and winning which were at least two criteria that you've had.  The program is not winning at the level it needs to be at but Heath has basically turned us into a 20 win program.  Again, not good enough to keep your job but you cannot argue that he hasn't elevated that portion of the program.  He also isn't going around embarrassing the university at the latest convention.  You asked for an answer and I gave you an answer. 

Finally, you don't have a clue what type of fan I am. 

Get over yourself.

You are the type of fan who only provides answers to the questions that suit your point of view while dodging those that don't support your point of view.

You are also a Nolan hater more than you are a Hog lover.

If you paid more attention to the Hogs and their fan base, you would realize that increased apathy is the most dangerous thing that can happen to a program of any sport.

APATHY HAS GROWN TO A SERIOUS LEVEL WHILE UNDER HEATH. A LEVEL I HAVEN'T SEEN IN 30 YEARS.

You can only call that improved if your agenda is something other than the health of HOG BASKETBALL.
Bless your heart

riccoar

The apathy was pretty high when Nolan began telling his tales of slave ships too.

jamie72921

Quote from: riccoar on March 17, 2007, 01:40:38 am
The apathy was pretty high when Nolan began telling his tales of slave ships too.

Where do you see a denial of that?

The apathy has grown worse over the last 5 years. Or do you believe there is a renewed enthusiasm for Hogball?
Bless your heart

jamie72921

March 17, 2007, 01:56:04 am #104 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:59:00 am by jamie72921
Tradition, Attendence, Enthusiasm, Stability, Winning

What has Stan Heath's 5 years added in the way of tradition?

Are attendence figures up during Heath's tenure?                             Fresh legs: NO

Are fans enthusiastic about the future of Hog basketball?                   Fresh legs: NO

This very thread is about needing another coach. That is exactly where we were 5 years ago. How is that an improvement?         Fresh Legs: Says that even though this is the exact same spot we
                                                          were in 5 years ago, it is better. How can that be?
These were the questions I asked.

I also gave the point that we were at least winning at the same levels as in Nolan's down years earlier in my post.

Add to that the horrible apathy that has not waned but grown larger and more entrenched, and I am just curious how things are better for the overall health of the PROGRAM?

I really do take to heart the opinions of others when they do not cherry pick and then make personal attacks. If you can better explain why you feel we are in better shape, then I will "listen". If you don't want to, then we will just have to agree to disagree.
Bless your heart

hawkeyefan17

Just as I thought, Arkansas didn't belong in the tournament.

That being said, if the criteria for Stan Heath to keep his job was that he had to make the tournament, he should keep his job.

jamie72921

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 17, 2007, 02:08:26 am
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 17, 2007, 01:56:04 am
Tradition, Attendence, Enthusiasm, Stability, Winning

What has Stan Heath's 5 years added in the way of tradition?

Are attendence figures up during Heath's tenure?                             Fresh legs: NO

Are fans enthusiastic about the future of Hog basketball?                   Fresh legs: NO

This very thread is about needing another coach. That is exactly where we were 5 years ago. How is that an improvement?         Fresh Legs: Says that even though this is the exact same spot we
                                                          were in 5 years ago, it is better. How can that be?
These were the questions I asked.

I also gave the point that we were at least winning at the same levels as in Nolan's down years earlier in my post.

Add to that the horrible apathy that has not waned but grown larger and more entrenched, and I am just curious how things are better for the overall health of the PROGRAM?

I really do take to heart the opinions of others when they do not cherry pick and then make personal attacks. If you can better explain why you feel we are in better shape, then I will "listen". If you don't want to, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

I haven't tried to cherrypick a single thing.  I chose to talk about areas we disagree.  Do you need a discertation on things that we agree on?  Right above this very post I answered two of those criteria, yet you still checked no. 

Those were your answers.

I must say that our measures aren't exactly the same, but even at that I think you are right. I am not one who believes that the talent wasn't being recruited or signed in those last 5 years, rather that the talent wasn't staying in the program during that time. Jeffries, Pargo, Johnson, Demario Eddins all signed and 3 even played here during that time and would have made a tough team. 1 never suits up here, 1 transfers, 1 goes to the NBA, and only one fulfills his eligibility. There were way more defections than just those. I can think of 7 more who left the program in that time frame.

In the sense that Heath has stopped the transfers, I will have to agree that things are more stable. Nolan's comments never bothered me, I expected them and didn't care.

I just can't see the overall improvement for our program, but it's alright if we don't see eye to eye on that.

I think ultimately we both want the same thing for our Hogs. A return to national prominence. On that much, I am sure we are on common ground.
Bless your heart

hawaiianhogster

All the screaming yelling and hollering I've been doing in Stan's favor has got me feeling that I might have been wrong. I didn't see any improvement at all. All I saw was inexperienced little children running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They were not a team. They were pathetic. It was like watching a bunch of super good athletes throwing a game. They didn't want to play. They didn't want to be coached. They didn't want to win.

HSV I have to say your right about the situation. I was wrong standing up for Stan the way I did. I still believe he is a great man and will find his place elsewhere where his type of play will work. But after tonight what I saw was not the right kind of coaching. There was no chemistry. Something needs to be done to change it. What ever it takes do it. I see the bigger picture. I've got it now. Let's move forward and get someone that knows SEC BB. Bring in the big gun. Whomever that may be.

Fire Nutt!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hey guys I know you are just dying to know what Dwight thinks.  Well after the game we were so pissed we had to drown our sorrows at Club Hots and it was just as disappointing as the game.  The girls there put forth no effort to work the room or even ask if we wanted a lap dance, but I digress.

Why I hate Stan more than ever?

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt after the SECT.  We had reason to hope and reason to believe.  You had a lot of fans on your side, pulling for you wanting you to succeed.  Just win one game.  Just give us hope to wish for Sweet 16 just give us some vidication so we can say up yours Vitale, Packer, Katz, etc.  But you took that little glimmer of hope and squashed it like a bug.  You reminded us that the 5 game streak was a fluke and this was truly Heath ball tonight.  The end of this season is eerily familar and seems just like the end of football and that's the last thing long suffering Hog fans needed.  Your biggest fan tonight was Houston Nutt.

Do you realize you played yourself out of another good paying job and instead will settle for a $900,000 buyout and the spot on a real HC's bench somewhere colder than here.  There is a reason you are the lowest or one of the lowest paid coaches in the SEC.  Your greatest accomplishment at the UofA will be being known as the guy the bridged the Eddie-Nolan period with the next great UofA coach.  You will be a footnote a distant memory, a Lenny Van Inman that will only be remembered by guys like Grant Hall or Rick Schaeffer.

You won the lottery with Kent State and parlayed that into a job you didn't deserve.  I'm not going to say thanks for anything.  You should be thanking us for paying you $800K+ for 5 years of this crap.

Take your war face, your shiny head and your nice guy demeanor back to the north where you and all Carpetbaggers belong and take HDN's sorry a$$ with you.

I'm drunk my camaro's in a ditch and I'm going to bed.  Show yourself out Stanley.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pork Twain

Cat fight!!!

Actually the conditions for Stan to not lose his job was to make the tournament but NOBODY ever said that just to make it and get embarrassed in the first round would solidify his job.

Are some people really so "not smart" that you have to repeat the same thing this many times and they still do not get it???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LJHOG

Redcat

Quote from: Karma on March 16, 2007, 11:30:09 pm
Quote from: MrsPiggy on March 16, 2007, 11:18:58 pm
You know, in retrospect, the "leak" that Heath was gone if he didn't make the tourny wasn't very smart.  If no one said anything, they could fire him tomorrow and no one would think twice.  Now the PTB look like hypocrites.

But what we saw tonight is confirmation that Heath simply doesn't belong here
I agree with you on both points.

Exactly. But they did. Bone headed. Just like they give Nutt his extension after the Auburn game, instead of after the season, when, oooops, maybe they wouldn't have, but too late! And White running onto the court after the Ms State game, like it was some kind of championship. We pay these people to make intelligent decisions, yet they don't. I think one can see that a big chunk of problem, if not all, is at the top.

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: judgeroyswine on March 16, 2007, 11:36:05 pm
The sad thing is, Stan will be fired, and on his way out of town, he'll drive past football practice and see Casey throwing a nice spiral into the top of a ladder...and Stan will just sigh as he rides off into the sunset.

WITH HIS 900K DOLLAR CHECK
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

bkjacks

Quote from: hSv on March 16, 2007, 11:14:16 pm
Enough is enough for this once proud program.
He just aint going to geterdone. I think he over coaches, with very little execution.

Ironhawg

Quote from: hSv on March 16, 2007, 11:14:16 pm
Enough is enough for this once proud program.

I am tired of losing.  I am tired of the team looking out-coached, out-talented, and out-played.  I am tired of not wanting to watch games because I know what the outcome will be.  I was in Stan's corner before, but the USC debacle sealed the deal for me.  Stan has to go.

Lanny

Everybody cheer for Louisville today.  Bring on Billy Clyde to straighten this Razorback Program.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WilsonHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 17, 2007, 01:38:06 am
You are the type of fan who only provides answers to the questions that suit your point of view while dodging those that don't support your point of view.

So are you.

And in your desire to champion your point of view at all costs you marginalize your point of view.

Porkatarian

[/quote]

In the sense that Heath has stopped the transfers, I will have to agree that things are more stable. Nolan's comments never bothered me, I expected them and didn't care.

[/quote]

If Stan stays, do you really believe that we're not going to have any transfers?  I can think of 2 off the top of my head, who will leave if Stan comes back.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

bigyellowdog

Quote from: hSv on March 17, 2007, 07:18:45 am
Everybody cheer for Louisville today.  Bring on Billy Clyde to straighten this Razorback Program.

The sooner we can get him on board the better.