Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported on another board

Started by gregt41, March 16, 2007, 07:16:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gregt41

That if we dont win tonight that Broyles will encourage Heath to take another job to avoid being fired. White wants to keep Heath. If we lose tonight it could ugly per this board. Broyles has reasons to believe that Billy G will come here for 1.4 million. This comes from a really good source on another board!!! 

RhodeHog

Is this the same source that says Nutt won't coach a game this season?  Sorry, I don't believe anything anymore.

ChicoHog

That makes me really torn.  I want us to win but I want Gillispie as coach! 

VenturaHog

I'll believe it when I see it, there have been so many of these rumors in the last 3 months that i'm way past believing any of them.

hawaiianhogster

MikeCapshaw

Strangely, I'm hearing Heath's safe again.

"Lots of talent coming back" will be the line you guys hear the most.

IronHog

Somehow they will find a way to make a bad situation even worse. :razorback:
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

toshortrock

how about lets just let frank leave and be at it
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

RhodeHog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 16, 2007, 07:20:17 pm
Is that blowhard still saying Nutt will get fired?

I would like to know that as well.  I haven't went there in a while...way too hostile for me.

mikeirwin

I've been told that JFB is going to try to bluff Stan into taking another job, making him think he'll be fired.
Stan need to call his bluff.
Of course if they win tonight the bluff is off.

Boarcephus

Gosh how I've grown to hate this athletic department.  Amazing how you can go to a major bowl and the NCAAT and still not trust the PTB.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

brodie_hawg

If they know they can get Billy G., I do not think firing heath would be making a bad situation even worse.

RhodeHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 16, 2007, 07:21:25 pm
I've been told that JFB is going to try to bluff Stan into taking another job, making him think he'll be fired.

Does anybody have a clue up there? 

gregt41

The one that reported this likes Nutt!!!   That should tell u who it is!!

CheeZ_PuFF

March 16, 2007, 07:24:17 pm #15 Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 07:27:11 pm by CheeZ_PuFF
Dont think we should be talking about it until after the game. Then all hell breaks lose or the fire will be put out. Still dont think we should talk about Stan being replaced and not Nutt...

brodie_hawg

If we do not want to accept mediocrity around the UA, we need to start here and let heath go and get one of the Billy's.  If they do not know for sure that they can get one of them, then I think we should keep Heath. 

I know some are going to say that we kept Nutt.  Yes that is true.  But we have to start somewhere and it is too late to get rid of nutt this season.

CheeZ_PuFF

Quote from: brodie_hawg on March 16, 2007, 07:26:48 pm
If we do not want to accept mediocrity around the UA, we need to start here and let heath go and get one of the Billy's.  If they do not know for sure that they can get one of them, then I think we should keep Heath. 

I know some are going to say that we kept Nutt.  Yes that is true.  But we have to start somewhere and it is too late to get rid of nutt this season.

Lets just keep Stan as BBall coach and make Billy G the new football coach!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'd call that old SOB's bluff.  He's like an old has been gun fighter that thinks he's still got some bullets left.  Except he's moving slowly down Main St. at High Noon with a walker, an IV, a diaper and a squirt gun.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 16, 2007, 07:29:04 pm
I'd call that old SOB's bluff.  He's like an old has been gun fighter that thinks he's still got some bullets left.  Except he's moving slowly down Main St. at High Noon with a walker, an IV, a diaper and a squirt gun.   

That is a really bad image in my head...thanks a lot! 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: RhodeHog on March 16, 2007, 07:30:06 pm

Sorry, trying to paint the picture as I see it.  Although it does stay a bit too long.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 16, 2007, 07:32:19 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on March 16, 2007, 07:30:06 pm

Sorry, trying to paint the picture as I see it.  Although it does stay a bit too long.

It's like image burn in on a TV from pausing a video game.  :)

riccoar

We all want the Hogs to win.  But, if we should lose, is there any reason you can see that will guarantee the program will sellout every home game next season if Heath keeps his job?

arcowboy

Heath stays ,,, things will be the same next yr.  Every one has a capacity and he has reached his here.   If he stays and it is the same the attendance will only get worse. I know many that have been long time season ticket holders that gave up and didn't renew last yr.  We lose tonight and it is the same old same old.

threeNout

moot point, Hogs will roll into sweet 16

HogFan1973

I think the Hogs win tonight, so there won't be anything to this here in a couple of hours, however, I thought Broyles was just a figurehead?  What board was this reported on?  Anyone heard anything from PMJ or PJM?

pigsooiec5

you know, you should either fire a guy or keep a guy based on his whole resume as your coach.  you shouldn't decide to keep a guy if he wins X games or wins X championship or makes X round of the tournament.  if they don't want heath, get rid of him, but don't keep jerking everyone around like this.

DEVIL DOG HOG

March 16, 2007, 08:33:01 pm #27 Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:58:30 pm by DEVIL DOG HOG
CheeZ_PuFF you beat me to it +1  
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

NaturalStateReb

Frank's like the Queen of England now.  They'll roll him out to cut the ribbon at the new mall, but he's not making any serious calls anymore.  Heath's staying put.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

AnthroHog

Would Michigan really want Stan if we get bounced tonight?  I think there's a chance of him jumping if we win a couple.  We better be sure about getting Billy Gillispie. If Heath leaves, Self's team goes far, and Billy stays at A&M, then what would we do?

Hollywood_HOGan

freakin frank broyles.

I wish he would just bow out for the good of the program but no, he has to get his 50th year in for HIMSELF.

He supports nutt yet encourages heath to take another job.

REALLY hope we win tonight.

AnthroHog

Quote from: opineonswine on March 16, 2007, 09:05:49 pm

If they win and the bluff is off, it will also mean SH will be more attractive to other programs.  I believe he knows he's not wanted here and is ready to go.

So what percentage would you give that Stan is gone, regardless of the outcome tonight?

turbo2000

Quote from: Tomcat on March 16, 2007, 07:18:16 pm
They had better have Billy G in the bank before firing Heath.  That would be a costly mistake if they can't get Billy G or Bill S.  VERY BAD MISTAKE!

Making bad decisions does not seem to bother Broyles.

Zeno

didn't broyles write a book about senility

OneLardAlmighty

I'm no Broyles fans these days.  Apart from expanding RRS I can't think of a good decision he's made in the last 15 years or so.  But after watching the first half, I might be ready to side with him on this one.  We are awful just like we've been for most of the year.

Idahog

If people know of the bluff doesn't that make it pretty clear its a bluff?...  and the person trying to bluff is at a big disadvantage...  and the person being bluffed holds all the cards.  So basically, its still Stan's decision on whether he should stay or go. 
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Fayetnam

I don't care who make the call! It's time for a change.The arena had 10,000 people in it for Miss State. The fan have quit coming because the basketball is boring and the players play with NO, ABSOLUTLEY NO enthusiasm! We used to take 6,000-10,000 to the SEC Tourney...took 1,000 this year. Something's got to give, no matter who make the call!

Cajun Hog

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: RhodeHog on March 16, 2007, 07:22:24 pm

Does anybody have a clue up there? 
Rhetorical question?

Topcat

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2007, 07:39:50 pm
We all want the Hogs to win.  But, if we should lose, is there any reason you can see that will guarantee the program will sellout every home game next season if Heath keeps his job?
That's the key, the PTB care about wins and losses, but money talks. Donations and attendance down will get Heath fired faster than anything else. If AR can't get a top notch coach and is forced to keep Heath this program is in serious trouble. It's been a long time since AR was really good and there's no guarantee AR will ever get it back if they don't make the right move with their next hire. I've been a supporter of the program since Sutton was hired and I'm more worried about this program than anytime in the last 30 years. 

WILL CLINTON

If they win and the bluff is off, it will also mean SH will be more attractive to other programs.  I believe he knows he's not wanted here and is ready to go.

This just proves how much smarter than Dale Stan really is.  I mean he thinks he isn't wanted around here, and is ready to go.  Dale knows it, saw it in the paper, saw it in the mini demostration on campus, and won't leave unless being dragged out by wild horses. 

It really doesn't surprise me anymore.  The PTB are so crossed up they don't know what is the right thing to do anymore. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razornole

they want him gone, I'm sure he knows it.

I want Frank and the entire mgt. team from the BAC and football team staff gone.
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

RZRBCK in Texas

Im sorry, but I dont believe it either.

judd7869

TulsaJack32

How can you make a bluff with a coach no one will want?  What has Heath done that another big time school would want him?  I can tell you now, if Heath comes back, I will expect the same and will not watch any of the games unless I just have nothing to do and even then I probably will not. 

DaniHog

Hey fella...wake up...you will wish Frank was back when our interim athletic director Chancellor White hires the basketball coach at Dartmouth to be our new coach.  Our new AD will be a bow tie wearing, coke bottle thick glasses, 45 year old who has not played a minute of sports in his life, but he knows engineering and computers.  Frank is why our facilities are the nation's best and why we have such high expectations on this board.  Enjoy your new AD...we had it good with JFB. 

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 16, 2007, 08:58:05 pm
freakin frank broyles.

I wish he would just bow out for the good of the program but no, he has to get his 50th year in for HIMSELF.

He supports nutt yet encourages heath to take another job.

REALLY hope we win tonight.

oldtimerhog

Frank wouldn't do something like that.....
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Quote from: dubyacee on March 16, 2007, 10:26:29 pm

This just proves how much smarter than Dale Stan really is.  I mean he thinks he isn't wanted around here, and is ready to go.  Dale knows it, saw it in the paper, saw it in the mini demostration on campus, and won't leave unless being dragged out by wild horses. 

It really doesn't surprise me anymore.  The PTB are so crossed up they don't know what is the right thing to do anymore. 
Until you see SH with Fayetteville in his year view mirror, you should hold off praising him for doing the "right thing" and quitting.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: brodie_hawg on March 16, 2007, 07:26:48 pm

Its never too late to get rid of Nutty!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: gregt41 on March 16, 2007, 07:16:22 pm
That if we dont win tonight that Broyles will encourage Heath to take another job to avoid being fired. White wants to keep Heath. If we lose tonight it could ugly per this board. Broyles has reasons to believe that Billy G will come here for 1.4 million. This comes from a really good source on another board!!! 
Why do we never hear of this same ultimatum for Nutt?!? I'm sick of the double standard, and I can't wait until everybody forgets who Frank Broyles is.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer