Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC Clearly the Better Team!

Started by PorkerOinker, March 16, 2007, 11:56:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkerOinker

Whether you like Heath or you don't USC was and is the better team. It may be coaching it may be lazy A$$ players but no matter how you slice it up USC is better than Arkansas top to bottom.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Sao Ming

As they should be.  USC has been a bastian of College basketball for decades and decades.  I wish we had that level of history behind us to compete as they certainly did tonight.

hview

They were the better "team", but did they have the better talent.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: hview on March 17, 2007, 12:02:46 am
They were the better "team", but did they have the better talent.

By far in my opinion they had the better talent being 7'0 tall or 6'10 doesnt mean you are talented.

BigHog396

Dear Lord... with a decent coach, USC wouldn't have been able to have stayed on the court with our guys.  They play with the same passion their coach shows... they can't help it that he is ridiculously passive, and that translates to his team.  We have better talent than USC... top to bottom... we just don't have a coach that knows how to utilize that talent.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: donewithdale on March 17, 2007, 12:05:39 am
They are pretty good but not that much better.  Nick Young is very good.  Taj is good.  But we didn't even have basic fundamentals.  On D we stood straight up too much and didn't even stop the ball.  Poor shot selection on offense. 

Clearly the better team?  They aren't UCLA or Florida.

Your right they are not UCLA or Florida but we are also not USC what makes you think we are anywhere even close to the level of Florida or UCLA if you do think that GOD help you.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 17, 2007, 12:07:52 am
They are pretty good but not that much better.  Nick Young is very good.  Taj is good.  But we didn't even have basic fundamentals.  On D we stood straight up too much and didn't even stop the ball.  Poor shot selection on offense. 

Your right they are not UCLA or Florida but we are also not USC what makes you think we are anywhere even close to the level of Florida or UCLA if you do think that GOD help you.
Nearly every player on our team is a 4* or 5* recruit.  We are big, long, and athletic.  We can handle the ball.  Our talent is not that far off from the big guys and is better than USC's.  We just can't do anything right...

elksnort

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 16, 2007, 11:59:05 pm
As they should be.  USC has been a bastian of College basketball for decades and decades.  I wish we had that level of history behind us to compete as they certainly did tonight.
sarcasm button?

BigHog396

The ONLY position that USC is above us in is PG.  They can't even compare at the other 4.  We just don't have a coach.  He can't even get the fundamentals of basketball through to these guys.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 17, 2007, 12:11:52 am

The ONLY position that USC is above us in is PG.  They can't even compare at the other 4.  We just don't have a coach.  He can't even get the fundamentals of basketball through to these guys.

Your right you could just see our talent all over the floor tonight it was everywhere just standing there doing nothing.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 16, 2007, 11:56:00 pm
Whether you like Heath or you don't USC was and is the better team. It may be coaching it may be lazy A$$ players but no matter how you slice it up USC is better than Arkansas top to bottom.
USC on their best day (which was today) would still lose to any SEC team having a decent game (S Carolina, for instance); however, we picked a great day to have our worst game of the century.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Sao Ming

Quote from: elksnort on March 17, 2007, 12:10:55 am
Quote from: Sao Ming on March 16, 2007, 11:59:05 pm
sarcasm button?

I don't know anymore.  We are all sick and very confused at this point.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 17, 2007, 12:14:34 am
USC on their best day (which was today) would still lose to any SEC team having a decent game (S Carolina, for instance); however, we picked a great day to have our worst game of the century.

They lost to south carolina the first game of their season, so I guess we are better than Southern Illinois since we beat them 3 months ago.

BigHog396

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 17, 2007, 12:14:29 am
Quote from: BigHog396 on March 17, 2007, 12:11:52 am

Your right you could just see our talent all over the floor tonight it was everywhere just standing there doing nothing.
No, you simply don't know the game of basketball if you truly believe that.  Talent and performance are two totally separate issues.  We have the talent, they just have a coach that gets the performance out of his guys.

dmac_iz_kin

usc did not have as good of talent as we did. if you gave Nolan richardson this ark team about 6 games ago he would have won this game tonight.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 17, 2007, 12:16:38 am

They lost to south carolina the first game of their season, so I guess we are better than Southern Illinois since we beat them 3 months ago.
USC didn't show me anything tonight, besides that they're used to getting the calls. Did you watch them play Oregon? AWFUL.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

BigHog396

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 17, 2007, 12:16:38 am

You still don't get it!  There is a HUGE difference between TALENT and PERFORMANCE.  We have more TALENT than USC (either one) AND Southern Illinois.  It still takes a good coach to get top quality performance from players, regardless of their talent level.

Corganist

We made USC look like world beaters. If not for that, it'd be clear we had the more talented team.

ICEman

They are clearly the better coached team.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hview

This may sound cruel, but Heath exhibited zero coaching skills tonight. When it gets to crunch time he collapes and he's done it enough that I don't see any improvement if he stays next year. He can't make adjustments during the game and you don't see any fire from him. Hey, when your team is standing around light a fire under them.