Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BAC's New Talking Point: "Heath unhappy here" Myth

Started by hoginsanfran, March 14, 2007, 11:42:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoginsanfran

March 14, 2007, 11:42:15 pm Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:57:24 pm by hoginsanfran
*****ALSO PLEASE READ THE FIRST SHORT POST OF PAGE 2 FOR AN UPDATED ADDITION****

Sorry, my page 2 post was deleted, so here's the summary...Admins or Mods, Please restore it, it was like post #41, about 2 more myths.... It was simply quoting from the media guide that attendance started declining in 1998 with Nolan, all the way to Stan in 2003, but then rose every single year of stan until this one (yes, there was even a rise to 2006 but the FLorida blizzard game's poor attendance, 5K or so, skews the numbers down.  still, 2006 was an INCREASE as well).  i don't contest the fact that in 07, after the Kentucky loss letdown (where 20,000 were there), home attendance plummeted.  But Stan didn't TANK attendance, Stan actually STOPPED the bleeding of falling attendance under Nolan, and gradually pushed the numbers up again....   i guess something about that post was inflammatory, which is why it got deleted, so I apologize to the eraser of my second post...

moving on..... i was simply addressing the new BAC rumor of 'STAN MUST GO BECAUSE HE IS KILLING OFF GREAT ATTENDANCE' Myth, but it's gone now.....

Flashback to February.

The Tennessee home loss was a debacle: our players were flat, we couldn't beat the press, & had no intensity.  Stan skipped the postgame radio show, perhaps to blast his team, perhaps because Broyles or someone was telling him his neck was on the chopping block.  Either way, it seemed Stan was toast.  Immediately Hogville was abuzz with debating the merits of Self vs. Gillespie.

To the BAC, this was a good thing.  The heat had been a little too hot on Coach Nutt.  From transfers to emailgate to Nutt calling into radio shows... the heat was on, rumors of damaging dirt on Nutt were escalating.

Then came the Tennessee loss.  Immediately the BAC mouthpieces (talk radio) began to rachet up the "fire stan" line.  The Gazette printed a "SOURCES SAY STAN TO BE FIRED IF NO NCAA TOURNAMENT IS REACHED" story the next Monday.  Talk radio was ablaze with callers saying "stan's a great guy, but he needs to go."  The goal had been met.  The heat was on heath.  Not Nutt.  "NCAA or bust".

Unfortunately for the BAC (and Nutt), Heath & the Hogs started winning.  Either due to the profanity-filled screamfest after the UT loss, or due to Steven Hill's suggestion to watch the Christian sports movie "Facing the Giants", or due to Wally Hall criticizing Patrick Beverley's english, or due to Charles Rhodes sticking up for his groin, the Hogs started winning. (as most everyone now knows, the next game, home vs MSU, Gary Ervin punched his old teammate in the crotch, which started a mini-fight in which Steven Hill and Beverley and.. well, everyone... joined in, ready to pound the hapless MSU player who, let's face it, was unfairly crotch-punched.)  For whatever reason, the hogs were a TEAM.  No more "me first" bad shots... the goal was to WIN, plain and simple!

-Beat MSU at home? Check.
-Go into ranked Vanderbilt, who had not lost at home in the SEC ALL YEAR, and win? Check.
-Win at least 1 game in the SECT?  Check.  Whooped South Carolina.
-Get to the semis?  Check.  Ervin's clutch shot capped a furious comeback from 8 down.
-Beat MSU... AGAIN... and advance to the SEC Finals?  Check.

Suddenly Heath's hogs had 21 wins.  The powers that be were nervous.  Surely the hogs couldn't beat Florida?  Surely a sunday loss would send the Hogs to the NIT, and send Heath packing.

Fortunately for the Hogs, but unfortunately for the BAC, emotion does not earn an NCAA bid.  Performance does.  Face it, the Hogs are worthy.  The #10 schedule in the country.  The #35 RPI in the nation.  A 6-2 Neutral site record.  10 wins in the SEC.  5 wins against the RPI Top 50, including a sweep of Vanderbilt, Alabama, and a Southern Illinois win to boot.  And thus, the Razorbacks earned their 29th NCAA bid, a #12 seed in the East Region.

BAC: Uh-oh.  Heath made the tournament.  Now the media mouthpieces are nervous:  Heath might "get" to stay around.  So the trumpet is sounded.  The rumor starts coming out through talk radio hosts, that, well, er, you see, the "leak" didn't say Heath could KEEP his job WITH the NCAA... the leak just said he would be FIRED WITHOUT the tournament!!!   So Stan's job is still up in the air. 

This shouldn't really be a problem, the BAC thinks.  There is widespread apathy (in their eyes) for "Stan".  A huge crowd (20,000+) for Kentucky saw a big lead slip away, and the home game attendance afterwards  tanked after the defeat to the Big Blue.  In the BAC's eyes, dealing with Stan can be out in the open. Lose to Southern Cal (who we are 'supposed' to lose to anyway), and he will be fired! Heck, nothing less than a Sweet 16 run will save his job!  The fans wil be elated!

And that's where we are now... except for a little problem...

About 2 minutes after Arkansas' named was called on Selection Sunday, CBS' Seth Davis & Clark Kellogg were the first to attack the inclusion of the Hogs in the NCAA.  ESPN joined in, lamenting "deserving" teams such as Drexel (who lost in the first round of the NIT), and Syracuse (who won their NIT first round over the sun belt champ by 6 -- at home -- after being down by halftime), or Kansas State (SOS 96, RPI 56), etc, etc, etc... Every 'analyst' screeched that a 7-9 Arkansas didn't 'deserve' to be in, because the SECWest was "TERRIBLE" (yet the SECWest has a team from last year's Final Four, THREE other teams with 20+ wins, and an NIT MSU ready to pick up #20 tomorrow night).  Digger Phelps' highlighter is shaking with rage.  Dick Vitale is in near tears over the inclusion of the hogs over his beloved Drexel.  Host Reece Davis (Alabama graduate) throws in a comment about Mitch Mustain & his mom when discussing the Arkansas-USC matchup.  Doug Gottleib cries bloody murder, claiming winning & losing against Texas Tech is what REALLY ought to decide tourney bids.

And wouldn't you know it... but the state's mood seems to be changing.  Suddenly, the mood isn't so much "wow, we don't deserve this, just lose and send Stan away."  Suddenly, the mood is "WIN AND SHUT THESE GUYS UP!"  Even Stan Heath is now taking quoted shots at ESPN & the other media.  It's a "Razorback Nation against the world" mentality, and nearly every Hog fan wants this team to win -- even to win BIG -- to let the rest of the country know what Hog ball is really about.  There even seems to be a rising wave of.... dare i say it...  Stan Heath nostalgia going around. Arkansans are rallying around stan, to fight for our reputation

Here is the BAC's problem.  First, it was "NCAA OR FIRED".  Stan did that.  Now, they say "NOTHING IS GUARANTEED - IT WOULD HELP YOU TO WIN".  Hog nation is behind him to do that.  But here's the problem -- the AD office can't keep changing the rules.   The state has been uniting this week around the basketball team, and even around its coach.  And now the University still has 'the option' to fire Heath?  Take note: UA has yet to even simply DENY the content "leak" of firing Stan.  It's been nearly THREE WEEKS.   And every night, Stan has to wonder, "so why won't they comment on the leak?"  Here we are, in the dance.  John White even rushed the court after the Vandy win in the SECT.... but stil.... ZERO 'STATEMENT OF SUPPORT'.  The explanation is clear: Stan will be fired unless we win big in the NCAA.  But Hog Nation is coalescing support around the ball team.   UH-OH! PROBLEM FOR THE ADMINISTRATION! PROBLEM FOR THE MEDIA MOUTHPIECES!

So here is the UA's solution...  the "In a better place" myth.  The word today was been floating around, call in shows, message boards, phone calls around the state, that certain Big Ten jobs - maybe Minnesota, maybe Michigan, maybe Iowa - will have coaching vacancies this April.  Instead of screaming to fire Stan Heath, who has gained Arkansas' respect after the way he has handled his job the past few weeks, the BAC has decided to sell us all on the idea that, The Heath family really doesn't want to be here in Arkansas, anyway.  (You know, because EVERYONE just LOVES living in the north with 5 months of snow).  Whether it's the oldest false rumor there is, "Ramona is unhappy", to the other rumors such as "Stan can't take the pressure here, Arkansas media is so harsh!"  ;D or "Stan wants to be by his family", or "Stan really wants to coach in the Big Ten", suddenly all the rumors are positive.  They are primping Stan heath for a point in the near future where they can say "oh, wow, see, Michigan wanted Stan, and we tried to keep him, but he's in a better place."  Like a dog that died, the BAC wants to explain away Stan's 07 departure through a constant stream of "his name is in the ring" vacancies.

Does anyone here just HATE Northwest Arkansas?  So why would the Heaths?   Would you, in your professional career, give 5 years to a job and WANT to leave right before all of your hard work will finally have a complete chance of succeeding beyond your wildest dreams (the stacked hogs of year 6)?  WHY Would Stan WANT to leave to a middling Michigan, or empty Iowa?  Why would he BOLT "to the north" just for the heck of it?  Think about it, down here in the SEC, Stan has a competitive advantage over every other southern coach -- he has pipelines and links and contacts to Chicago, Detroit, the MAC... if he goes up there, guess what, every other coach can raid Detroit high schools too!  WHY WOULD STAN WANT TO LEAVE?

This has been an extremely long post, but I leave you with one thing... the BAC is trying their hardest to change the mood... one from "FIRE STAN - WE WANTED TO GO DANCING" to "FIRE STAN - WE WANTED TO WIN MORE IN THE DANCE" to "AWW... STAN WANTS THE JOB IN FROZEN LAKE WISCONSIN COLLEGE... YA KNOW HE DESERVES TO COACH UP THERE AT HOME"

Don't fall for their spin.  Watch the paper.  Watch the "short lists" his name appears on.  Watch the way Rick and Chuck all act noncommittal for Heath as coach in 08.  Watch as the UA CONTINUES TO REFUSE TO ISSUES A PUBLIC STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR HEATH.  Watch as Nolan and heath's growing friendship shows up in more and more news articles.

The UA is still trying to, and will continue to try to, actively run off Stan Heath while keeping Houston Nutt.

(If you think they aren't related, ask yourself why one recieves a "Support Statement" after ONE 10 win year & SECCG appearance... the other STILL IS DENIED EVEN A "No, there is no ultimatum for firing" statement after TWO 20 win years & a SECCG appearance)

The new myth is "Stan wants out, and he's too good for us, let him go to the 'better place' "

Don't buy the company line. Because Stan isn't.

*****ALSO PLEASE READ THE MY FIRST SHORT POST OF PAGE 2 FOR AN UPDATED ADDITION****

mword

Hog Realist

+1 definitly.
The Ramona rumor is clearly the most worn out and untrue rumor out there.  She sure was jumping for joy when we beat Vanderbilt from her spot in the stands.  Also good points about Heath can't take the media when he publicly says I dont care what you say, I got into the business knowing these things would come with it

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 14, 2007, 11:42:15 pm
Flashback to February.

Unfortunately for the BAC (and Nutt), Heath & the Hogs started winning.... or due to Charles Rhodes sticking up for his groin, the Hogs started winning. (as most everyone now knows, the next game, home vs MSU, Gary Ervin punched his old teammate in the crotch, which started a mini-fight in which Steven Hill and Beverley and.. well, everyone... joined in, ready to pound the hapless MSU player who, let's face it, was unfairly crotch-punched.)  For whatever reason, the hogs were a TEAM.  No more "me first" bad shots... the goal was to WIN, plain and simple!

Interesting take...

If all it took was a shot to the business of an opponent to get the Hogs on the same page, I hope the football team racks the crap out of a few Troy players on the opening kickoff...

blacksuit

Yeah, +1, nice.

They're moving the goalposts. Some sports writer said something like "now they'll have to find some other reason to fire him." Perhaps we're seeing that now.

bcshog

pigture perfect

I don't believe the Administration is concerned about firing Stan this year. After next year perhaps, but not after this year. As for White not offering a voice of support for Stan, I just ask, How many months did Houston Nutt get harassed by message boards, fans and media before he made a statement. I look for White to be very supportive of the coach, after the tourney is over.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HawgG

There is nothing to add or dispute about your post hoginsanfran.

That is one of the greatest post I have read on this or any other message board this year.

Zeno

LAhog123

I agree with you HawgG and will go further to say that if we can't fire HDN, then there's no way we can fire Stan. I don't want this to become a pissing contest like this usually escalates to, but I think that Stan may have turned the corner as far as being able to better motivate his players even though that didn't start consistently until his job was on the line. If the player's will play that hard to save a man's job, that shows me they respect him because they could have laid down and he would have been fired, but, as it stands, that is not the case. He's been humble through everything, and personally, that is a welcome change. IMHO, he deserves the chance to finish what he began rebuilding with this senior class, and to me, it would be a disservice to those players who started at the bottom with him to not be allowed the opportunity to go into next season with the man/coach that they played so hard for this season when the heat was on.

sowsmilk

+1 ...and while you're at it, what do you think about multiple shooters in Dealey Plaza?

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

LilRounDevil

Thanks for that original post.  It's hard to find good comedy these days.

3kgthog

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 15, 2007, 01:11:37 am
I don't believe the Administration is concerned about firing Stan this year. After next year perhaps, but not after this year. As for White not offering a voice of support for Stan, I just ask, How many months did Houston Nutt get harassed by message boards, fans and media before he made a statement. I look for White to be very supportive of the coach, after the tourney is over.

I don't think they could fire stan heath next year.  Unless everything just blows up, the basketball team should have a really good season next year.  With as many talented seniors on the team next season, why shouldn't they have a good year?
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Bvilleboar

2012 the year of the HOGS

hillhog

I am proud of and for Stan and his team. If the POB dredges up some lame excuse to get rid of Stan this year I hope the fire brands and pitchforks come out in full force against the BOT for letting HDN and his cess pool continue to survive up there while a class person who took very little and is making it better. And I know, I too was very disappointed mid-year and didn't see much hope of it getting better. But hot damn, look what has happened. Wooo Pig, go Stan and team.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Hog Realist on March 14, 2007, 11:57:45 pm
+1 definitly.
The Ramona rumor is clearly the most worn out and untrue rumor out there.  She sure was jumping for joy when we beat Vanderbilt from her spot in the stands.  Also good points about Heath can't take the media when he publicly says I dont care what you say, I got into the business knowing these things would come with it

You couldn't be more wrong about Ramona.

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

It's a good post, but I'm weary of everyone comparing Heath and Nutt and saying you can't fire Heath first. 

Look at BWA attendance this year, and I assure you that firing Heath first can and will be done.

It is empty because our basketball isn't fun.  At least football was fun in '06.  Other than a late season rally whereby Arkansas won 3 games that it shouldn't have (something that was not that unusual for us in years past), what has this team really proven?  I'm glad they made the tournament, but I stand by my early season prediction and hope.  If this team, with this talent, doesn't make it to the sweet 16 I would like to see a coaching change and expect we will.

Bacon out...

SPAL

great read...one of the best posts and well thought out pieces i have ever read on this website. Great Job my friend. There is nothing I can add.

georgecolevet

gduchar

Stan Heath is definitely at a crossroads, so to speak. If he continues instilling confidence and fire in this team and takes OWNERSHIP of the court on Friday, I'll bandwagon him.

I already lost a bet and have to go to every home game if he's the coach next year anyway.

WestMemphisHogFan

GREAT post hoginsanfran.  Very good insight, and well worth the read.

Tomhog™

A nice written piece, worth the time to read (not many are).

Couple of minor things:

Arkansas went 6-2 in neutral court games (losses to TTECH and FLA)
and
I do remember Rick S. giving Stan support on DTS and saying that he will be here next year...

+1 to you none-the-less

ArkansasI

Fortunately for the Hogs, but unfortunately for the BAC, emotion does not earn an NCAA bid.  Performance does.  Face it, the Hogs are worthy.  The #10 schedule in the country.  The #35 RPI in the nation.  A 7-1 Neutral site record.  10 wins in the SEC.  5 wins against the RPI Top 50, including a sweep of Vanderbilt, Alabama, and a Southern Illinois win to boot.  And thus, the Razorbacks earned their 29th NCAA bid, a #12 seed in the East Region.

Amen

So here is the UA's solution...  the "In a better place" myth.  The word today was been floating around, call in shows, message boards, phone calls around the state, that certain Big Ten jobs - maybe Minnesota, maybe Michigan, maybe Iowa - will have coaching vacancies this April.  Instead of screaming to fire Stan Heath, who has gained Arkansas' respect after the way he has handled his job the past few weeks, the BAC has decided to sell us all on the idea that, The Heath family really doesn't want to be here in Arkansas, anyway.  (You know, because EVERYONE just LOVES living in the north with 5 months of snow).  Whether it's the oldest false rumor there is, "Ramona is unhappy", to the other rumors such as "Stan can't take the pressure here, Arkansas media is so harsh!"  ;D or "Stan wants to be by his family", or "Stan really wants to coach in the Big Ten", suddenly all the rumors are positive.  They are primping Stan heath for a point in the near future where they can say "oh, wow, see, Michigan wanted Stan, and we tried to keep him, but he's in a better place."  Like a dog that died, the BAC wants to explain away Stan's 07 departure through a constant stream of "his name is in the ring" vacancies.

Does anyone here just HATE Northwest Arkansas?  So why would the Heaths?   Would you, in your professional career, give 5 years to a job and WANT to leave right before all of your hard work will finally have a complete chance of succeeding beyond your wildest dreams (the stacked hogs of year 6)?  WHY Would Stan WANT to leave to a middling Michigan, or empty Iowa?  Why would he BOLT "to the north" just for the heck of it?  Think about it, down here in the SEC, Stan has a competitive advantage over every other southern coach -- he has piplines and links and contacts to Chicago, Detroit, the MAC... if he goes up there, guess what, every other coach can raid Detroit high schools too!  WHY WOULD STAN WANT TO LEAVE?

I truly enjoyed your post, but have to disagree with several observations made.

There can be no comparison between Houston and Stan.  Love him or hate him, Houston won the SEC West last year and lost games to 4 top ten ranked teams.  Stan finished third in the SEC West, can't buy a game on the road (except Vandy) and has not slowed the spiral downfall of our home attendance.  These are bad things... things that cost coaches throughout the country their job.

Michigan is home for Stan.  Plus, at Michigan the raids of Detroit occur after you have made your selections.  You cannot seriously believe it is easier to recruit Chicago and Detroit from Fayetteville than from Ann Arbor.

I find it hard to fault the administration for putting pressure on Stan or for trying pimp his strengths as a way to hasten his departure.  All they are doing is trying to help Stan and his family transition somewhere else for the benefit of the University of Arkansas and Stan Heath.

The problem is that Stan's performance at Arkansas has not earned him the ability to take over at Minnesota or Michigan or Iowa or <Insert School Here>.  If Stan is relieved of his duties in Fayetteville, he will most likely fall into a #1 bench role somewhere in Big 10 country - see David ________ (former Alabama head coach that sits next to Tubby at Kentucky).

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that we can defend Stan's job if we don't win tomorrow.  This team did not perform as well as I had hoped and I don't see Stan taking us higher without a win in the NCAA tournament.  Our fans are uninspired.  Our momentum is dead. 

Hey, I am rooting for the Hogs...  Good luck Stan!

silvertip

Good effort, hoginsanfran. +1

PORCINE PARANOIA has set in with the team---it is now Hawgs vs the world. The BAC, with their spin machine, has inadvertently given Stan's boys the spark they needed.  WPS!!

Hog Realist

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 15, 2007, 07:54:57 am
+1 definitly.

Bacon out...
k

Pigmund Freud

+1 there, man. I am afraid, however,  that you are about to encounter the disappointment that the rest of us feel when we ask WHY they keep HDN year after year....there is no logical answer or reason. It means there is a reason he is here that we cannot know. Something political and dirty, like a dictator. They will sacrifice Heath a hundred times before they lose the Nutt. Chuck same as said so last night.... Boy, it's really easy to tell the nights he's been sent to get a certain agenda out.He's like the Tony Snow of the BAC(except not as good).

George S. Pigton

ArkansasI is right, the two are seperate issues.  Stan is on the ropes and deserves to be there.
This team has underachieved and a lot of the problem was not chemistry but fundamentals.  Granted
it was from some of the new guys but our big men have never performed as well as expected.

I would love for Stan to get a job up north so everyone can move on with smiles but I doubt it.  If
you were the AD in Michigan, Iowa, Ohio St., Minn, or even Wisconsin and you need to hire a coach,
would you hire Stan off of his record?  He has only made the tourney with some late season heroics for
two years in a row.  The Program here deserves better, time to move on.

And for the record, I have lived in NWA for two years, would move back to LRK tomorrow.  No negatives
really and I like being so close to football and baseball games and wanted to attend more basketball but
just wasn't interested with the product on the floor.  This is just not home, I can see why Ramona would
want to be closer to home.  Same reason some give why Bill Self might come to the UofA, closer to his
wife's home. 

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

PiggyBack

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 15, 2007, 07:57:50 am
It's a good post, but I'm weary of everyone comparing Heath and Nutt and saying you can't fire Heath first. 

Look at BWA attendance this year, and I assure you that firing Heath first can and will be done.

It is empty because our basketball isn't fun.  At least football was fun in '06.  Other than a late season rally whereby Arkansas won 3 games that it shouldn't have (something that was not that unusual for us in years past), what has this team really proven?  I'm glad they made the tournament, but I stand by my early season prediction and hope.  If this team, with this talent, doesn't make it to the sweet 16 I would like to see a coaching change and expect we will.

Bacon out...

I must take exception with a few points here, Bacon.

IMO, BWA is not full due to the fact that the ARSN talking heads don't support Stan Heath.  Nothing was more boring that Nuttball this past season.  The Ole Miss game was especially boring to watch.  People still came out in droves.  Why?  Because the ARSN talking heads were fired up about Dale.  That and every game was supposed to be "the game" when Gus was "unleashed."  Expectations and an excited radio media kept RRS full.  I believe attendance at BWA would improve if Chuckles and the DTS clowns would support Heath HALF as much as they support Dale.

I have a question:  Why is it that if someone says they won't go to another FB game until Dale is gone they are told that they aren't "real" fans.  They aren't "real" supporters of the program.  But, when folks don't show up to BWA it is because Heath is boring and needs to go.  It smacks of hypocrisy.

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

weresoclose

+1 definitly.

What would you expect her to do when her husband wins the biggest pressure game of his career?  Sulk?  Get real, she's gonna support her husband, yell with him, be happy with him.  That has nothing to do with whether she wants to be here or not, which neither you nor I know. 

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.  This rumor is too off-the-wall to not have any truth to it.  I've never heard Heath address it, have you?

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

NWASooner

Heath just needs to get better at making excuses.

If Nutt were coaching the basketball team, how many times would we have heard "I lost all my guards from last year.  You can't expect us to be good with brand new players at PG, SG, and SF.  They were 80% of our scoring last year."

wooly

+1 definitly.

Bacon out...

Wrong which way?

joebut18

Quote from: PiggyBack on March 15, 2007, 10:49:41 am

Bacon out...

IMO, BWA is not full due to the fact that the ARSN talking heads don't support Stan Heath.  Nothing was more boring that Nuttball this past season.  The Ole Miss game was especially boring to watch.  People still came out in droves.  Why?  Because the ARSN talking heads were fired up about Dale.  That and every game was supposed to be "the game" when Gus was "unleashed."  Expectations and an excited radio media kept RRS full.  I believe attendance at BWA would improve if Chuckles and the DTS clowns would support Heath HALF as much as they support Dale.

I have a question:  Why is it that if someone says they won't go to another FB game until Dale is gone they are told that they aren't "real" fans.  They aren't "real" supporters of the program.  But, when folks don't show up to BWA it is because Heath is boring and needs to go.  It smacks of hypocrisy.

WOW....not sure what college football team you watched last season, but I found the games vs. Bama, Vandy, Auburn, LSU, Miss St., Tennessee, and Florida very entertaining to watch.  Seeing D-Mac do everything on offense and a defense exceed many expectations made for exciting viewing IMO.

Oh wait...they didn't throw the ball enough...so it had to be boring.  Give me a break.

Cajun Hog

+1 definitly.

Bacon out...

AMEN, this isn't BAC leaking on this topic.

PiggyBack

Quote from: joebut18 on March 15, 2007, 11:12:27 am
Quote from: PiggyBack on March 15, 2007, 10:49:41 am

Bacon out...

WOW....not sure what college football team you watched last season, but I found the games vs. Bama, Vandy, Auburn, LSU, Miss St., Tennessee, and Florida very entertaining to watch.  Seeing D-Mac do everything on offense and a defense exceed many expectations made for exciting viewing IMO.

Oh wait...they didn't throw the ball enough...so it had to be boring.  Give me a break.

And I found the BB games against 'Bama (twice)/LSU/Vandy(twice)/FLA (@FLA) to be pretty exciting as well.

The FB team was boring and predictable.  We NEVER saw Gus' offense.  Dale stiffled the creativity of a brilliant offensive mind.  But, hey, we beat 2 teams with winning records so let's celebrate.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on March 15, 2007, 12:27:58 am
Flashback to February.

Unfortunately for the BAC (and Nutt), Heath & the Hogs started winning.... or due to Charles Rhodes sticking up for his groin, the Hogs started winning. (as most everyone now knows, the next game, home vs MSU, Gary Ervin punched his old teammate in the crotch, which started a mini-fight in which Steven Hill and Beverley and.. well, everyone... joined in, ready to pound the hapless MSU player who, let's face it, was unfairly crotch-punched.)  For whatever reason, the hogs were a TEAM.  No more "me first" bad shots... the goal was to WIN, plain and simple!

Interesting take...

If all it took was a shot to the business of an opponent to get the Hogs on the same page, I hope the football team racks the crap out of a few Troy players on the opening kickoff...

I can hear the Troy coach after the game next year:  "They punch you in the gilligan so fast it just messes you up!"
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hoginsanfran

Quote from: opineonswine on March 15, 2007, 12:56:44 pm
+1 definitly.
The Ramona rumor is clearly the most worn out and untrue rumor out there.  She sure was jumping for joy when we beat Vanderbilt from her spot in the stands. 

You couldn't be more wrong.  The University has a rather thick file on Ramona Heath's antics throughout NWA over a long period of time.  She is a holy terror.  She has done things and said things of a most offensive nature and it is widely known as fact....not rumor.  She makes no secret of her feelings and isn't careful about what she says, where she says it or who she says it to.  If you think otherwise you are grossly misinformed.

Question.

If three or four drunks (Friends of powerful arkansans no less) came to every home game in 2006, and screamed at Ramona and her husband, shouting N#$@% over and over, shouting N#$#@% so that Stan's CHILDREN could hear, and then if Ramona snapped at them, and then the guys were escorted out of the 2006 florida game by policemen, would that classify as "RAMONA'S ANTICS"?

Or does that just classify as 'a mother protecting her husband from racist good ole boys within earshot of her children'?

Just wondering', opine... because the "thick file folder of antics" you allude to certainly exists -- but it exists chock full of things said and done TO the Heath family, not BY them.

I'm not going to list the laundry list of offenses, and I am not trying to start something opine, but I wish you would pull your head out of the sand.

Seriously....

Qbackinman

+1 definitly.
The Ramona rumor is clearly the most worn out and untrue rumor out there.  She sure was jumping for joy when we beat Vanderbilt from her spot in the stands. 

You couldn't be more wrong.  The University has a rather thick file on Ramona Heath's antics throughout NWA over a long period of time.  She is a holy terror.  She has done things and said things of a most offensive nature and it is widely known as fact....not rumor.  She makes no secret of her feelings and isn't careful about what she says, where she says it or who she says it to.  If you think otherwise you are grossly misinformed.

How can this stay up? Aren't personal attacks and rumors verboten?

Just wondering. Thought that was the rule.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Qbackinman on March 15, 2007, 01:05:40 pm
+1 definitly.

You're exactly right... these are rumors, opine has it dead wrong this time.  The UA has been keeping this "ramona the problem wife" rumor going to protect against any future charges of racism...  they could knock out any nolan-like good ole boy claims by creating an air of "well, those northerners were just stirring up trouble"

Fortunately, the long-term rumor of anti-Ramona isn't believed by most Hog fans, but the short term one of "they don't like it here because everyone is mean to them and they are thin skinned!" is a much newer rumor... 

It's a clever attempt by the BAC, i will give them that much, because it gets back to the "IN A BETTER PLACE" myth... it paints the heaths in a positive light instead of smearing them!

GorillaJMonsoon

If anybody's wife should have a file kept, you know it should be Nutt's wife.  I don't think Ramona is sending hateful emails about one of her husbands players and co-workers around claiming that it's "funny".  Mrs. Nutt has caused more problems than anything I've heard about Mrs. Heath.

Hog Realist

+1 definitly.

Really depends on who is saying them

razornole

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 15, 2007, 01:01:24 pm
+1 definitly.

Question.

If three or four drunks (Friends of powerful arkansans no less) came to every home game in 2006, and screamed at Ramona and her husband, shouting N#$@% over and over, shouting N#$#@% so that Stan's CHILDREN could hear, and then if Ramona snapped at them, and then the guys were escorted out of the 2006 florida game by policemen, would that classify as "RAMONA'S ANTICS"?

Or does that just classify as 'a mother protecting her husband from racist good ole boys within earshot of her children'?

Just wondering', opine... because the "thick file folder of antics" you allude to certainly exists -- but it exists chock full of things said and done TO the Heath family, not BY them.

I'm not going to list the laundry list of offenses, and I am not trying to start something opine, but I wish you would pull your head out of the sand.

Seriously....

why didn't somebody tell them to stfu! and an usher ask them to leave?
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

razornole

Quote from: Hog Realist on March 15, 2007, 01:23:59 pm
+1 definitly.

Really depends on who is saying them

+1, never noticed until about a week or two ago *spit*
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

hoginsanfran

Quote from: razornole on March 15, 2007, 01:24:32 pm
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 15, 2007, 01:01:24 pm
+1 definitly.

Question.

Seriously....

why didn't somebody tell them to stfu! and an usher ask them to leave?

Ramona finally did after biting her tongue for so long, even after quietly asking them to stop. Finally the usher got the cops who escorted them out.

This, according to some, is one of Ramona's "Antics"... defending her family.

There are dozens more examples of local-yokels creating problems for the Heaths, but apparently none of this matters as the mythical "Ramona file" is full.

Wanna tell us some of the file's contents, op? I bet it's chock full of lies and distortions that all have explanations, or that are all just plain FALSE!

Please don't tell me you believe the BAC-induced lines, op! You are a smart poster & have good opinions! 

hoginsanfran

Oh, and I think its also funny that all the "STAN KILLED ATTENDANCE" haters on this board, be they pro-nutt or BAC employees or whoever, all of them have been SILENT since they saw, well, yknow, ACTUAL ATTENDANCE NUMBERS posted at the top of this page!!!!!!!!!