Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Vitale is killing Arkansas on Mike & Mike right now

Started by bartonbear, March 12, 2007, 06:41:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bartonbear

March 12, 2007, 06:41:15 am Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:45:18 am by bartonbear
Trashes the West and our 7-9 record. Says we beat teams we should have beat to get to SECT finals, but we were mediocre all year long. Says Syracuse and Drexel belong in over us. Mentions us getting blown out by more than 20 by Mizzou and K-State beat them. We got blown out at home by Texas Tech & K-State blew them away. Says if committe had put anyone in but Arkansas they would have hit a homerun. He actually made some good points.

Go Hogs!!! :razorback:

Jellohawg

razorrog1

I honestly believe his vocal cords are going to snap at any time.  The funny thing is if we win a game or two, he will dislocate his hip jumping on our bandwagon. It is so cool that no matter what he says, we are in.  It's not up to pollsters, writers, coaches, or bald loudmouth broadcasters.  Now the burden of proof that we belong is right where it belongs; the Team. 
Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bomis Hawg

Hey Vitale: Texas Tech didn't beat Arkansas at home.  It was neutral.  Nice homework, Dookie.

ASUHAWGFAN

all they had to do was at least get to there conference final and they didn't hell Drexel finished 4th in their league hell put arkansas in the CAA and see what they do and K-State maybe they need to let Kansas stop slapping them around and play people on the road in the non-conference, people talk about how  we lost to Mizzou and TEXAS, hell at least we did go on the road to play them

OKC

Did he mention Vandy or why in the world Stanford is in? I don't listen to anything he says anymore. Doug Gottlieb (sp?) is far better than him!

ICEman

Selection committee is in the business of saving embattled coaches jobs.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

bartonbear

Yeah I noticed when he said that, too. I was just trying to type and keep up with him.

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 12, 2007, 06:44:53 am
Hey Vitale: Texas Tech didn't beat Arkansas at home.  It was neutral.  Nice homework, Dookie.

LA HAWG

Vitale is a freaking joke and always has been.  He is just a loudmouth idiot who has a man crush on Coach K.

dbaileyway7

He is a homer. They should ask him how Duke is considered a 6th seed. I would like nothing better than "PUCK" to get beat in the 1st round. :puke: 

razorrog1

These guys have to pick a controversy otherwise they would just be singing the praises of the committee.  This year we just happen to have the bullseye.  It does make for some "talk about" television.  Once the games start, this will all be an afterthought.

bartonbear

Quote from: OKC on March 12, 2007, 06:46:04 am
Did he mention Vandy or why in the world Stanford is in? I don't listen to anything he says anymore. Doug Gottlieb (sp?) is far better than him!

The funny thing is he said we beat who we should have beat to finish the year then picked Vandy to make the Sweet 16!!  How does that make since? We should beat them twice, but they're Sweet 16 caliber and we're not tournament worthy?

nathanj

I just sent in a "Just shut up" award nominee to Mike and Mike regarding all of their crying over Arkansas.  Enough already!

sowsmilk

I've been looking at some past posts from a few posters on this thread. Some of you have trashed our team it seems.

I understand it though; when family jumps on you it's in love. When Vitale does it we back lil brother up.

fluffy1128

Steve Zaben was trashing the Hogs on Fox Radio this morning too, saying that there was no way Drexel should have been left out and the Hogs in.

Biggus Piggus

I love it that the Razorbacks are being demonized by the ESPN hordes.

I hope the Hogs use it as motivation.  They are going to need it.  USC is a good opponent.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: fluffy1128 on March 12, 2007, 07:00:55 am
Steve Zaben was trashing the Hogs on Fox Radio this morning too, saying that there was no way Drexel should have been left out and the Hogs in.

Has the Colonial ever gotten its fourth-place team into the NCAAT?  Ever?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Drexel lost to

Penn (by 19)
Rider
Hofstra
Old Dominion (twice)
Virginia Commonwealth (twice)
William & friggin Mary

It's not as though they had a spotless record and merely lost in their conference tournament.  They had three home losses in conference, to the three teams who finished ahead of them in the Colonial.  Weren't going to be any more than two Colonial teams make the NCAAT.  Hofstra had a better claim than Drexel did.
[CENSORED]!

bigyellowdog

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on March 12, 2007, 06:48:35 am
  He is a homer. They should ask him how Duke is considered a 6th seed. I would like nothing better than "PUCK" to get beat in the 1st round. :puke: 

He will get ten times worse each day after a Dukey win. 

arklahoman36

Gottlieb also said ARK as an at-large was a mistake, because two of their wins during the streak were against Vandy, which he said was completely overrated and in no way deserved a #6 seed. He also pointed to the losing conference record and the 2-8 road record.

razorrog1

Quote from: arklahoman36 on March 12, 2007, 07:28:13 am

Gottlieb also said ARK as an at-large was a mistake, because two of their wins during the streak were against Vandy, which he said was completely overrated and in no way deserved a #6 seed. He also pointed to the losing conference record and the 2-8 road record.
While I disagree with Gottlieb, he at least makes an intelligent sounding argument.  He doesn't sound riddled with rage like Dickey V.  If we were Drexel, K-State or Syracuse, we'd be upset too.
But we're not!!!!  Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taoteching

Arkansas' schedule was more difficult.  Arkansas made a better tournament showing.  Arkansas' rpi was significantly higher.

Vitale is playing the larger population base in the east.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I'm not sure that Vitale is completely wrong about the worth of Ark being in the tourney.  However, I can't stand Dukey Vitale.  I've really despised him for about 8 to 10 years, and I find it amazing that he's lasted this long considering how completely biased and obnoxious he is.  One poster claimed man-crush, but I'm not sure it's just a crush.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

arklahoman36

Quote from: Question-Man on March 12, 2007, 07:38:10 am
I'm not sure that Vitale is completely wrong about the worth of Ark being in the tourney.  However, I can't stand Dukey Vitale.  I've really despised him for about 8 to 10 years, and I find it amazing that he's lasted this long considering how completely biased and obnoxious he is.  One poster claimed man-crush, but I'm not sure it's just a crush.

Obnoxious folks make for good TV and radio, so no surprise he's still around.

dirtydoghog

You can't on one hand say that Arkansas has no quality wins and then in the next sentence talk about how dangerous Vandy is.  Guess what Dickie, we beat them twice in the past 2 weeks!!!!

He is sure showing his bias right now.  He should be talking about Illinois getting in, or maybe Xavier but Arkansas earned this spot.  Hands down. 

The best part was when they were showing our profile next to Kstates and on paper we just blew them away.  It's funny how they use those profiles to work a spin and then make themselves look worse.  Way to go ESPN. 

TushCrush

Quote from: nathanj on March 12, 2007, 06:50:57 am
I just sent in a "Just shut up" award nominee to Mike and Mike regarding all of their crying over Arkansas.  Enough already!
Excellent idea. I just did the same ...

wirebender25

Hell, Stanford got in with a 18-12 record.  No one is talking about them.

3kgthog

Vitale picked UNC to win it all. The man might as well put a big IDIOT and ACC BIAS sticker on his forehead. Based on what I've seen Florida would beat the living hell out of UNC right now. So would Ohio St. We shouldn't expect anything less from Dukie V though considering he hasn't washed his cheek since Coach K kissed it and he's got ties to ND. That's a double whammy of d.o.u.c.h.e.baggery.

Props to those coaches that didn't cry like little babies when their teams didn't get in. Boeheim and Huggins are the two biggest tunnels of love I've ever seen. What are their respective university addresses? I'll send both of them some processed Kraft cheese singles to go with their whine. Oh, and props to Andy Katz for being the only guy to put us into the tournament before and after we played Florida.

demonHOG1013

Did anyone mention that we beat Southern Illinois and they are a 4 seed, beat Vandy a few times and they're a six seed

Hong Kong Sooey

When you get down to the last few selections you are simply splitting hairs.  Stop acting like Arkansas DESERVED to be in so much more than Syracuse, Drexel, AF, and KSU.  Each of the five teams had a legitimate argument for inclusion, and many legitimate arguments for exclusion.  Arkansas simply was the lucky team chosen.  If we had been left out, the board would be in meltdown because "we got robbed" (see yesterday pre-selection show).  Dickie V. uses a different set of criteria than Digger Phelps who uses a different set than Jay Bilas....Doug Gottlieb...Andy Katz...etc, etc.  We got in.  Shut up and enjoy it.  We have no room to gloat.  We didn't deserve the invite any more than several other teams.

ProfusionalHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 12, 2007, 07:08:02 am
Drexel lost to

Penn (by 19)
Rider
Hofstra
Old Dominion (twice)
Virginia Commonwealth (twice)
William & friggin Mary

It's not as though they had a spotless record and merely lost in their conference tournament.  They had three home losses in conference, to the three teams who finished ahead of them in the Colonial.  Weren't going to be any more than two Colonial teams make the NCAAT.  Hofstra had a better claim than Drexel did.

This says it all.  And Vitale is putting UA underneath them? 

little pigee

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on March 12, 2007, 08:13:30 am
When you get down to the last few selections you are simply splitting hairs.  Stop acting like Arkansas DESERVED to be in so much more than Syracuse, Drexel, AF, and KSU.  Each of the five teams had a legitimate argument for inclusion, and many legitimate arguments for exclusion.  Arkansas simply was the lucky team chosen.  If we had been left out, the board would be in meltdown because "we got robbed" (see yesterday pre-selection show).  Dickie V. uses a different set of criteria than Digger Phelps who uses a different set than Jay Bilas....Doug Gottlieb...Andy Katz...etc, etc.  We got in.  Shut up and enjoy it.  We have no room to gloat.  We didn't deserve the invite any more than several other teams.
Agreed.  Better lucky than good.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

kgr

I said in another thread, sorry to repeat.  If Vitale was worth a d*mn as a coach he would have been coaching all these years.  His opinion is worth zip.  Same with Digger Phelps.  As one poster replied.  They aren't coaches they just play coaches on t.v.

kgr

Sorry man, but we did deserve to be in.  That doesn't mean others didn't get hosed.

Hollywood_HOGan

this is exactly what the team needs.

I was afraid we would just be satisfied to be there but now this should add some fuel to their fire.
I mean EVERYBODY is raggin on Arkansas.

I've never EVER heard vitale get after a team like he has Arkansas. Now the team has a little added motivation to WIN.

cosmodrum

Dickie V can have a party and invite Drexel and Old Dominion over to have chips and dip while watching the tourney on TV, BABY!!!
Go away, batin'

Oliver

Joe Lunardi (someone that actually knows about who should have been in and out) spoke up for us this morning on Mike and Mike.  He said that if anybody should have been left out it should have been Illinois.  He said that because of our non-conference schedule and the fact that we made the SEC Finals negates our 7-9 record and that he has no problem with us being in the tournament.  His opinion matters to me, not some East Coast biased choad like Dick Vitale or Digger Phelps. 

aristotle

It comes down to conference strength and RPI. The SEC has the #2 RPI but only got 5 in. A lot of pundits have chosen to make us their whipping boy regarding the inevitable snubs. But from the committee's side of things, it's hard to acknowledge the league as being so tough then only let 4 in, same as the CAA. If the Big 12 is 7th in RPI conferences, why did they get 6? The Big East got 6 yet the SEC is ahead of their RPI. Only the ACC has a higher RPI and they got 7.

So the pundits can attack and say Drexel or Syracuse deserved it over us. We're in. They're not. Screw them.

staffhog

He is just pissed because two teams in the northeast, finally, got upstaged a little bit.

He can't stand when he can't rag on a Umass, Uconn or a Temple. 

hogsanity

Comes down to a team from the precious Big Least got left out because they play ther first 15 games at HOME, and still lost to 2 or 3 of those cupcakes.  Drexel lost to RIDER.   I don't care if they beat Fla, NC, Kansas, and Ohio St, they lost to FREAKING RIDER.

boeheim brings this on himself at Syracuse.  They are always on the bubble because of their weak sister OOC schedule.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas is in.  Syracuse and others are out.

They thought the tough SEC should get 5 in.  The NCAA sent 4 more teams to the NIT, giving 9 overall.  That's salty.

Arkansas deserved to be there.  But, other teams were deserving.  But, not everyone can go.  I will gloat.  Hogs are in.  We'll see how they handle USC.

Trottsky

Meanwhile, KY gets a higher seed than I would have though fair.

But the selection committee made a rational decision letting Pigs in. They got hot at the right moment. A win or two would seriously legitimize the pick.

Chief Mac

It is the Eastern Seaboard Promotional Network guys!  Anyone that is not in the east isn't worthy in their eyes, especially Duke Vitale.

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Pigonometry

Since on 34 at-large teams are chosen, there will always be someone who gets the shaft.  That's part of what makes the tournament interesting...........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

NEAHawgfan

Screw Vitale and the state of Kansas. While we're at it, screw Syracuse and Boeheim too. We were on the bubble, so were they. We got in, they didn't. IT HAPPENS GET OVER IT!!!!!!! Drexel has no beef whatsoever. They play in a pathetic conference, and they bonked in their tournament. That's the way it goes. I don't care who they beat in November and December. We beat Alabama when they were #8, and we get no credit for that. Oh how I wish the Hogs could at least get to the sweet sixteen and make these guys look like the roobs they are.

jimmur74

Syracuse - Out of all the below they probably should have gotten in But not at Arkansas expense

Drexel- No .. terrible losses to Penn,Cinci,Bucknell, St Josephs and more. If a Major had these losses they wouldnt be considered at all for an at large.

Air Force-  Great for them BUT they are air force for goodness sakes? Please don't act like this is a shocker?

KSU- mmmm, check their SOS and RPI also they had some very bad losses along the way in a much weaker conference

bigtusk

Am I wrong or didn't Dickie V say that Arkansas should be in after we reached the simis?

Oliver

Quote from: bigtusk on March 12, 2007, 09:12:14 am
Am I wrong or didn't Dickie V say that Arkansas should be in after we reached the simis?

I think that was Andy Katz.

HawgWyld

Quote from: bartonbear on March 12, 2007, 06:41:15 am
Trashes the West and our 7-9 record. Says we beat teams we should have beat to get to SECT finals, but we were mediocre all year long. Says Syracuse and Drexel belong in over us. Mentions us getting blown out by more than 20 by Mizzou and K-State beat them. We got blown out at home by Texas Tech & K-State blew them away. Says if committe had put anyone in but Arkansas they would have hit a homerun. He actually made some good points.

Go Hogs!!! :razorback:
Keep it up there, Vitale. Give those Hogs a reason to get good and angry heading into the NCAA tournament.

Winner

Drexel has no beef. They have two wins over NCAA teams, an 8 seed and a 9 seed. We have four, a 4 seed, two over a 6, and a 13.

KSU and Cuse have claims, but it's all subjective and there's reasons for and against all the teams and we got in. That's the way it goes.