Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twilight Zone. I Must be in the Twilight Zone.

Started by WilsonHog, March 11, 2007, 06:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

The Razorbacks spent the last 10 days fighting like hell to position themselves to receive a bid to arguably the greatest event in sports, yet we've got some fans bitching and complaining because that means Heath won't be bought out.

Unreal.

Hey, I guess ya'll went about it the wrong way. Maybe a week ago some of you should have slipped some of the players a few bills to just throw the damn games.

Go back and watch the heart and emotion that this team and their coach have displayed the last week, then if you still feel bummed out that we got a bid go see if you can find a mirror. Gaze into it long and hard so that when you put it down you are completely clear about what an ungrateful a**hole looks like.

razorrog1

And the congregation said......."Yeauuussssss"

jamie72921

I'm with you!

Fan's that expect their team to win at a "higher level" are unreasonable.

They should just accept the mashed potato sandwich and be happy in the knowledge they have something.
Bless your heart

hogfan47

Forget the ( FEW ) whiners .
GO HOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Five™

FIVE™.

Oklahawg

Congrats all the way around. Its healthy for UA to have something positive to cheer for.

Go Hogs!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hoggystyle78

I agree Wilson, there's not been much to cheer about lately if you're a Hog fan, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it, GO HOGS BEAT THE TROJANS!!!

JAMAHog

Hong Kong Sooey

I, personally, am estatic that we pulled it together and made the tourney.  And as soon as we are out, I'll be ready for the new HC.  Last second miracles to save the HC's job should only be used so often.  Every year is far too often.  Now let's shut up and make a run in the NCAAT.

WPS!!!

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

pneaville

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2007, 06:20:16 pm
The Razorbacks spent the last 10 days fighting like hell to position themselves to receive a bid to arguably the greatest event in sports, yet we've got some fans bitching and complaining because that means Heath won't be bought out.

Unreal.

Hey, I guess ya'll went about it the wrong way. Maybe a week ago some of you should have slipped some of the players a few bills to just throw the damn games.

Go back and watch the heart and emotion that this team and their coach have displayed the last week, then if you still feel bummed out that we got a bid go see if you can find a mirror. Gaze into it long and hard so that when you put it down you are completely clear about what an ungrateful a**hole looks like.

Zing!

+1
God is a Razorback

razorduck9

Good Post......  I echo your feelings and statements.

Why the hell does it ALWAYS have to be bad to do good.......  At some point, you would think these people would look in the mirror and say "Damn, its good to be a hog today"!!

GO HOGS.......  BEAT USC!!  :razorback:

Reaganite

I agree.  Our objective right now is to win and support these kids that fought 'till they couldn't anymore.

Things will shake out for better or worse after the season.  If they keep it up, next year's gonna be a good one.

jamie72921

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on March 11, 2007, 06:29:05 pm
I, personally, am estatic that we pulled it together and made the tourney.  And as soon as we are out, I'll be ready for the new HC.  Last second miracles to save the HC's job should only be used so often.  Every year is far too often.  Now let's shut up and make a run in the NCAAT.

WPS!!!

Thank you for a voice of reason in the wilderness.
Bless your heart

WASAHAWG70

HSCCHog

March 11, 2007, 06:35:06 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:36:47 pm by HSCCHog

Unreal.

Why didn't they "fight like hell during the regular season"? Curious.

Wonder why they didn't "fight like hell during the regular season" Funny thing.

Masshog

Indeed... fact its before the idjids harsh the buzz any more, Im calling it a night.  Go Hogs!!! 
My feets hurt.

4thdownnutt

to get beat twice by a half and half girl is too much

kgr

My only gripe is that White hasn't come out and announced an extension, raise and support for Coach Heath.

hawaiianhogster

Stan doesn't need to go anywhere. We don't need a coach that cuss's, yells, screams at the top of his lungs to get some spark in his players. A coach that has to do that has lost all respect from his team. I know when people yell at me I usually piss them off more by doing the exact opposite. A coach who can coach his team from not getting into the big dance to getting there as a 12 seed is outstanding coaching. Those that want to bitch about it go ahead and take it out on Houston Nutt. Remember he is the one that made us sick of mediocrity. Not Stan.

Lets see how many of you football fans support Nutt even though your dissatisfied with the way he coaches, lies, and makes a national laughing stock out of our football program period. You support that you have no place being considered a fan. Get rid of the disease so that our program can flourish.

weresoclose

March 11, 2007, 06:41:27 pm #21 Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:52:35 am by weresoclose
Wilsonhog, what you fail to mention is that the Heath Huggers have come out in full force to fight this Proxie War with HDN, when we all know what a boring disappointment Heathball is.

I am so glad that this superloaded team finally pulled it together when they found out their coach was gonna get canned if the didn't.  It'll be a nice springboard for Heath to his next job, up North.

Eeking our way into the NCAAs is not exciting in a positive way.  It's exciting in a very low standard way, and we should all take a page from Kentucky if we want to learn about expecting excellence.

JMHO, guess I'll go stare in the mirror for a few. 

Nitrovern

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on March 11, 2007, 06:35:27 pm
to get beat twice by a half and half girl is too much
Wrong!  -1

+1 Wilson my thoughts exactly.

If you don't know where you're going how do you know when you get there?

tannerspapa

no one

They should have been fighting like hell all season.  We'll have to start next season with "Heath's job is on the line" to have any games worth watching. 

TMc

I'm with you Wilson.., I don't know how many posts of "integrity and class" about Stan Heath.., and how he deserved another year... What the heck has happened??? I am happy for Stan .., he's the right man for the job... Just OTJ growing pains.. They will be a beast next year.

jkstock04

Unreal.

I agree.  I'm behind this team 100% and I've wanted to see them succeed all season despite what the huggers said and wanted.  I say congrats to Heath and the entire basketball team and good luck on making a run in the tournament!!  They deserve this.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

007 License To Squeal

Unreal.

Wilson,

Your bitching is getting worse than the bitching you're complaining about.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hog Fan from Camden

Bottom line, I still think Stan needs to win at least one NCAAT game to keep his job.  Also, I enjoyed the 5 game run and cheered for the HOGS to win.  When the Can Stan leak occurred I will admit, I was ready for a new coach.  He has almost earned another year.  Is he the right man for the job if he stays?  Might have to wait until after next year to make that call.  IMO, not sure if Stan is the Man!

TOM "tbw1"

All the people who are dissatisfied with Coach Heath can line up behind me.  Right after the tournament.  Till then Stan is a combination of Dean Smith, Red Auerbach, Bobby Knight, John Thompson and Nolan Richardson. 

GHG
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

PulledPork

now, lets put the focus back where it belongs.....FIRE NUTT!!!!

Pulled out....

dmac_iz_kin

Wilson, the only problem with your arguement is, why did they play so crappy throughout the year and lose interest with alot of fans, then flip a switch at the end of the year? You think if Richardson or Sutton were here those guys would have underachieved like they did throughout the regular season? I'm not saying they have to win every game but the sec west was down a little this year, and these guys playing like they showed they could play at the beginning, then at the end, probabally could have gone 10-6 or better if they had the desire.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

holtzhog

ComeonHogs!!!

I agree Wilson. I am happy for this team. It is so easy for me to get back up for basketball. I just hope when Stan looks back on this team and last years team he will figure out why his teams START playing. When his teams finally learn to PLAY AS A TEAM they are hard to beat.
State Pride!!!

hawgball

BallHog1

Unreal.

Outstanding words Wilson +1
I can't imagine people calling themselves fans having less heart than some of the AR faithful are showing right now.
We're proud and we're there, thats more than most can say right now and the players busted it to make it happen. They may have had to do it the hard way, but they did and they deserve every prop that comes with it.

CoachHogT

3 years to recruit and fix the Nolan era........

back to back NCAA tourneys

first SEC championship game

next year everyone returning....possible top 15 team next year.

I say he has done exactly what he was hired to do

........keep'um

chiefsfan

Interesting comparisons   Stan Heath can do something by beating USC that Nutt has never done...   But In the second round he could have to play a team that he has never beaten, but Nutt has
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WilsonHog

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 11, 2007, 08:13:00 pm
Wilson, the only problem with your arguement is, why did they play so crappy throughout the year and lose interest with alot of fans, then flip a switch at the end of the year? You think if Richardson or Sutton were here those guys would have underachieved like they did throughout the regular season? I'm not saying they have to win every game but the sec west was down a little this year, and these guys playing like they showed they could play at the beginning, then at the end, probabally could have gone 10-6 or better if they had the desire.

Sometimes a review of history is instructive.

It is true that Eddie Sutton took eight Razorback teams to the NCAA Tournament. However, were you aware that four of those teams lost in the first round and another one in the second round?

It is also true that Nolan took three teams to the Final Four and won one National Championship. However, did you know that in the seven years after we lost to UCLA in the 1995 title game only one Razorback team reached the Sweet Sixteen? Two of those seven teams went out in the first round, and two more didn't even make the NCAA Tournament. 

BallHog1

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2007, 08:41:43 pm

It is true that Eddie Sutton took eight Razorback teams to the NCAA Tournament. However, were you aware that four of those teams lost in the first round and another one in the second round?

It is also true that Nolan took three teams to the Final Four and won one National Championship. However, did you know that in the seven years after we lost to UCLA in the 1995 title game only one Razorback team reached the Sweet Sixteen? Two of those seven teams went out in the first round, and two more didn't even make the NCAA Tournament. 

Careful Wilson, the "aginers" aren't gonna like your logical, well spoken, sensible argument.
More good sense, keep it up.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 11, 2007, 06:25:44 pm
Congrats all the way around. Its healthy for UA to have something positive to cheer for.

Go Hogs!
God knows we need something healthy to cheer for these days. So, thank God the Hawgs made the tournament. Now, let's hope they roll over USC in the first round...

gkimrey

THANK YOU WILSON! It's great to be a hog fan today.
\"if you would not be forgotten, before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing\".  Benjamin Franklin

BleedingHogLiberal

Great post Wilson!

The boys have played hard the last 10 days. They deserve the support of the fans as they go to the dance. I too wish it had happened earlier in the season, but for whatever reason it did not. But it is happening now!

WPS!
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
- Heywood Broun

Pigonometry

Unreal.

You must not remember 2000 --- lots of "fans" were upset that we won the SECT because they wanted Nolan gone...........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Dugann

Actually I am very proud of the team, and Stan... Still don't think he is the answer long term I do think he deserves another year but I am very very very proud of this team and what they have done the last 10 days... now that took heart, attitude, and passion keep showing that and bringing that out in them Stan and you might be the man.  Go hogs show us some money this week in the tourney.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

WestMemphisHogFan

Thanks for your voice of reason Wilson.  I am very proud of this basketball team.  WPS

jamie72921

You guys are a joke!

Welcome to the program that Alabama, Miss St. and LSU currently have. Wooo HOOO! Dare to dream, dare to dream!

Are you aware that Duke hasn't been winning at the level they did in the mid 80s to late 90s. Their program must really suck. They should fire Coach K and strive to become more like NC St. Much like we are.

I was very aware of Sutton's lackluster national level performance here, and was one of a few people who hoped he would be hired away years before he was. I told people when he left, Sutton could coach for 40 years and will never win the national championship, even at Kentucky. Looks like I was right.

I also told them that Richardson would win the national championship while here at Arkansas. I watched Nolan in the tournament Paul Pressey and Mike Anderson's senior season against Louisville. It was one of those days that the kids couldn't even make a layup. Nolan called timeout after timeout and regrouped his team, each time they would make a furious comeback. He was out of timeouts by about the 5 minute mark. Louisville pulls away again and Nolan knew that he couldn't even wait for the tv timeout or his boys would have no hope, called a timeout and intentionally took a technical foul and rallied his kids one more time. The came back again but fell short. But at that moment, I knew that I wanted a coach that fought like that to win games. I was never as happy as I was the day we hired him, at least not until we won the championship.

Now I have to watch Stan Heath. A very fine man, who made a special trip to watch my brother play basketball because my 17 year old baby brother had survived cancer and had fought to be able to play basketball. I have no anymosity at all for Stan Heath, only admiration.

That being said, Stan Heath will never take the program I have followed for nearly 3 decades now to its rightful position. Where Sutton never went, and where Nolan spent nearly half his carreer here at. I am so saddened at the prospects of our fans settling for an Alabama like program I cannot even put it in words. Great we will be adequate more years than not. Whooopee! But we will never sniff elite status again with what we have in place today.

The idea of it simply puts a hollow feeling in my chest that words cannot describe.
Bless your heart

weresoclose

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2007, 08:41:43 pm

Which is a good reason for us to have fired Nolan.

When Nolan stopped recruiting, everyone sensed it.  His firing happened possibly after it actually should have.  Nolan is no excuse for Heath.  Neither is Nutt.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

weresoclose

Jamie, I hear you.  I'm not trying to align myself with you, just give you some moral support against all these smiters.  I've received more than 80 smites in the past 3 days.  People can't stand the cold hard truth.

In My Opinion, the Nutt thing is the main reason people are blinded in desire for excellence on the BB court.  And I think it's morally tragic.

We should build up from what ES and NR brought us.  Not down.  Why do people think we should start from the ground up? What kind of mentality is that?  So what if ES didn't get a NC.  He laid the groundwork for NR to do it.  And NR laid the groundwork for the next guy to take us even further.  Heath cannot ever, ever do that!!!  What is so hard to comprehend about that?