Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My top 4 realistic choices to replace Heath

Started by HognotinMemphis, February 25, 2007, 10:58:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgonewild30

LJHOG

RICK BARNES!!
He recruits as well as anyone, his team play well in big games, he has had NCAAT success, and it'd would make wearing my Hog gear here in Texas more fun than you can imagine.

HaWg 10

"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

LJHOG

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on February 26, 2007, 07:55:37 am
Quote from: netteltonhog on February 26, 2007, 06:55:26 am
I would rather leave Stan in charge as have Calipari as head coach. 

Agree.

How about Bruce Pearl? I like the way his teams play.

At this point I'd even take Brady from LSU.

Now you're desperate, but I think LSU would let us have him

hogsgonewild30

Quote from: HaWg 10 on February 26, 2007, 10:34:58 am
why would anyone want JC or TS?

because they want a big name,  i still say look at more than big names, check for good at recruiting, discipline, and strategy at all levels of college basketball then make a choice

HawgG

Quote from: MarkinMemphisJohn Calipari

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

Arkansas is a step down to every last one of those choices.You are entitled to your opinion and it's your wish list.

I have but one choice and he is Chris Lowery(SIU)

I really believe he is ready to take the step up and he would do an outstanding job here.This program needs some direction and some order and Lowery would bring that.He would be the HC here for the next 15 years.He would also keep Beverley here and keep Bush committed and there are reasons why he would.

seqco

Lowery I just don't see him leaving his alma mater.

HawgG

Quote from: seqco on February 26, 2007, 11:13:19 am
Lowery I just don't see him leaving his alma mater.

Lowery is one coach of the ones that are being discuss where Arkansas' money will lure him away.

I think people are missing the boat on this guy.He is as good or better then any canidate that is being discussed here.It is a shame that the UofA is going to let outside voices influence their hiring process.Some other High D-1 school is going to get this guy and he is going to blowup.Meanwhile we not be as great as some believe we are going to be with next coach.

jackel1h

How about Mike Dunlap, the assistant coach of the Denver Nuggets?
If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

CCU Cougar

Quote from: sechawgfan on February 26, 2007, 12:37:18 am
Patino......................................Pay him get him here..... He can pull huge talent here with his recruiting and our facilities, its a cant miss situation....... Pay him.
+1 for your avatar bringing back memories of an old high school forum.

Quote from: HawgG on February 26, 2007, 10:44:25 am

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

Arkansas is a step down to every last one of those choices.You are entitled to your opinion and it's your wish list.

I really believe he is ready to take the step up and he would do an outstanding job here.This program needs some direction and some order and Lowery would bring that.He would be the HC here for the next 15 years.He would also keep Beverley here and keep Bush committed and there are reasons why he would.

Yes, thank you. Finally some one sees it my way

HognotinMemphis

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

You have the Frank Broyles mentality...hire an up-and-comer. Hogs need a coach who has already up-and-comed.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CCU Cougar

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 26, 2007, 12:50:49 pm

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

You have the Frank Broyles mentality...hire an up-and-comer. Hogs need a coach who has already up-and-comed.
Perhaps, but no distinguished coach at a big time school is going to take a step down to Arkansas for basketball... atleast not until someone establishes a stable program here for several years.

go hogues

If Calipari comes here, I would move to Canada....
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

razorpimp

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 26, 2007, 12:50:49 pm

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

Billy Gillespie was an up and comer at UTEP before taking over at Texas A&M, and look what he is doing. 

rfen

Bobby Knight
Bill Self
Billy Gillespie
Mark Few (Gonzaga)

HawgG

Quote from: razorpimpBilly Gillespie was an up and comer at UTEP before taking over at Texas A&M, and look what he is doing.

That's right razorpimp, all coaches start off as up and comers before they can establish themselves.

Once again Chris Lowery needs to be at the top of the UofA list.This powers to be are making a terrible mistake of listening to people that are basically all mouth and no sense.

Hiring Lowery would mean that we will get a great young coach that will not only win on the floor, but he will help progress the positive image nationally that Heath started.

NWA still has a problem and we no what it is.Heath has the image, but could not win enough games to satisfy people.Go get Lowery and watch him win big here in more ways then one. 

jackflash

Where is Anderson team playing this post season? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Since 1894

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 25, 2007, 10:58:11 pm
John Calipari

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

Not confident the Hogs could get any of these 4 but they would be worth a shot.

Some coaches out there would be a waste of time such as Donovan at Fla, Williams at NC, or Coach K at Duke of course. Those guys likely wouldn't even talk to Arkansas. But the 4 I list would probably listen to what Arkansas has to say.

I list them in the order I think Arkansas has the chance of getting them. Smith would be the most difficult by far as the KY job is a dream job in college bball...right there with Duke and NC and what Indiana used to be when Knight was there.

I'd be elated with any of these coaches and would be most happy if Calipari got the job.

Pass me what you are smoking or drinking.

Arkansas has never hired a name coach.

In ANY sport.

Only those on the rise.

This is basketball and the PTB will do the same to save money.

They might need it next year when the football coaching position

Becomes open. 

In basketball, we will get an other "up and comer" coach and hope he is worth it.

Just MHO.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Torqued pork

Tubby would be a "name", but that's about all he would be. His crummy recruiting has been what has led UK's program down it's current spiral, and if a coach can't recruit top talent to Kentucky, there's absolutely no reason to believe he could do so here.

turbo2000

Is there any former NBA players, current NBA assistant coachs that the hogs could talk to?

hogsgonewild30

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 25, 2007, 10:58:11 pm
John Calipari

Rick Barnes

Bill Self

Tubby Smith

Not confident the Hogs could get any of these 4 but they would be worth a shot.

Some coaches out there would be a waste of time such as Donovan at Fla, Williams at NC, or Coach K at Duke of course. Those guys likely wouldn't even talk to Arkansas. But the 4 I list would probably listen to what Arkansas has to say.

I list them in the order I think Arkansas has the chance of getting them. Smith would be the most difficult by far as the KY job is a dream job in college bball...right there with Duke and NC and what Indiana used to be when Knight was there.

I'd be elated with any of these coaches and would be most happy if Calipari got the job.

sorry they already have jobs at higher profile schools, why would they come here

BOREDSTIFF

I like the Reggie Theus option. Fits our self imposed budget. Dynamic personality, and I liked how he played Texas yesterday. The guy has always had some flash.

JaketheSnake

Just throwing something out here, but didn't Scottie Pippen talk about how he wanted to get into coaching?