Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honeymoon ideas

Started by onebadrubi, November 17, 2016, 07:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2016, 06:33:53 am
Hell coach is fine, we aren't looking to join the mile High club so don't need the extra room in first class.

I have never purchased a first class ticket in my life, but since hitting diamond with Delta, I get upgraded about 90% of the time. Im getting spoiled.

The reason I ask -- we used miles for free first class to Argentina because it's like 9-10 hours in the air from Atlanta. It's worth spending the extra miles on a 7+ hour flight. I flew coach to Shanghai a couple of years ago and it dunked my body up for a month. Otherwise it's a waste.

In terms of a shorter flight in a tropical location -- most of the U.S. flights to Havana will be up and running by early 2017. That would be super high on my list. Especially since the Trump administration may roll back ties with Cuba -- go while you can!
WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2016, 06:33:53 am
we aren't looking to join the mile High club so don't need the extra room in first class.

I've just lost all respect for you..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 23, 2016, 10:47:29 am
I've just lost all respect for you..

Ha and you are insinuating you had any to begin with, after you accused me of having the hots for your daughter...Heck I actually take the fact you lost respect for me as a compliment!

And to be honest, it's her that would turn down the idea of joing, I'd do it in a heart beat!

onebadrubi

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 23, 2016, 11:45:54 am
And you call this a honeymoon...... >:(

haha thats what they call it these days...  I think it's the beginning of the end

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2016, 10:22:33 am
I have never purchased a first class ticket in my life, but since hitting diamond with Delta, I get upgraded about 90% of the time. Im getting spoiled.

The reason I ask -- we used miles for free first class to Argentina because it's like 9-10 hours in the air from Atlanta. It's worth spending the extra miles on a 7+ hour flight. I flew coach to Shanghai a couple of years ago and it dunked my body up for a month. Otherwise it's a waste.

In terms of a shorter flight in a tropical location -- most of the U.S. flights to Havana will be up and running by early 2017. That would be super high on my list. Especially since the Trump administration may roll back ties with Cuba -- go while you can!

I flew to japan a couple years back for work and regretted not upgrading.  If I was doing a Bora Bora trip or something I would definitely be looking into it.  At this time we haven't pinpointed exactly what we want so can't say yes or no. 

I'd love to go to cuba before the american industrialize it, which I think is already happening.  I thinkn if I were to do that thought I'd just make a 3-4 day weekend trip out of it and go. 

DeltaBoy

Galveston or Port Aransas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cosmodrum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 28, 2016, 09:39:35 am

Grew up going to PA. The beaches suck, but the fishing is good.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 28, 2016, 09:39:35 am

In the nicest way possible no thanks. Id rather go lay a grand on black at the roulette table in tunica

cosmodrum

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 28, 2016, 01:03:39 pm
In the nicest way possible no thanks. Id rather go lay a grand on black at the roulette table in tunica

Tell the wife you're staying at the Grand and lets some black jack and roulette!
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 29, 2016, 06:34:56 pm
Tell the wife you're staying at the Grand and lets some black jack and roulette!

I'm game anytime. Thinking of going down there this weekend just for something to do while she's out of town

cosmodrum

Just watched "21" again. I have black jack fever!
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 30, 2016, 12:02:57 am
Just watched "21" again. I have black jack fever!

Gold strike hogville meeting needs to be planned then

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on November 30, 2016, 07:23:35 pm

Sorry wild hog, forgot to respond!  We are looking at this very seriously so thanks for the heads up!!! 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 30, 2016, 07:47:48 pm
Sorry wild hog, forgot to respond!  We are looking at this very seriously so thanks for the heads up!!! 

Oftentimes Groupon will have a good deal on French Polynesian vacations.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 30, 2016, 05:19:17 pm
Gold strike hogville meeting needs to be planned then

Crap table anyone?

pignparadise

Went to Bora Bora on mine .Stayed in overwater  bungalow.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

onebadrubi

onebadrubi

Quote from: pignparadise on December 01, 2016, 05:20:44 pm

How long did you stay there?

How was the jet lag?

Did you enjoy things around the island besides the hut?  Care to give some details about what you had to do?

Time of year?  I ask because I'm reading some articles that it can be so hot and humid it's almost unbearable to be outside all day. 

And most importantly is that your wife pictured sunbathing?  I approve!

pignparadise

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 01, 2016, 07:35:35 pm

How was the jet lag?

Did you enjoy things around the island besides the hut?  Care to give some details about what you had to do?

Time of year?  I ask because I'm reading some articles that it can be so hot and humid it's almost unbearable to be outside all day. 

Stayed for a week. The island is small we went out of resort a couple of nights. You can ride a bike almost all  the way around island in an afternoon. We went in March and weather was perfect. It's not a great party place but very romantic and beautiful and peaceful .  Can feed tropical fish in the glass bottom of your living room and your breakfast delivered in a canoe.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 01, 2016, 07:35:35 pm

How was the jet lag?

Did you enjoy things around the island besides the hut? Care to give some details about what you had to do?

it was their honeymoon.... you've got to be kidding..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

onebadrubi

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 02, 2016, 12:24:52 am
it was their honeymoon.... you've got to be kidding..........

You must be single... 

onebadrubi

Quote from: pignparadise on December 01, 2016, 11:01:13 pm
Stayed for a week. The island is small we went out of resort a couple of nights. You can ride a bike almost all  the way around island in an afternoon. We went in March and weather was perfect. It's not a great party place but very romantic and beautiful and peaceful .  Can feed tropical fish in the glass bottom of your living room and your breakfast delivered in a canoe.

Which island/resort did you go to exactly?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

onebadrubi

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 02, 2016, 09:20:07 am
that's wishful thinking.......

Lol well we would like to do something at least besides the stereotypical romp romp. Hell we've lived together for a few years already

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pignparadise on December 01, 2016, 05:20:44 pm

Which resort is that, pnp?  We were there in '10 and stayed at the Intercontinental.  Closest thing to heaven I'll ever see (before the real one, I mean...)
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pignparadise

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 02, 2016, 11:46:39 am
Which resort is that, pnp?  We were there in '10 and stayed at the Intercontinental.  Closest thing to heaven I'll ever see (before the real one, I mean...)
Same one

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pignparadise on December 02, 2016, 01:22:00 pm
Same one

Looks like you stayed at the one on the mainland.  We went there one day, got a kayak and paddled out to the coral gardens to snorkel.  The wife dropped a bundle on some black pearls in the store that's in the lobby.  The one where we stated was on one of the motus that surround the main island. 

pignparadise

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 02, 2016, 01:39:32 pm
Looks like you stayed at the one on the mainland.  We went there one day, got a kayak and paddled out to the coral gardens to snorkel.  The wife dropped a bundle on some black pearls in the store that's in the lobby.  The one where we stated was on one of the motus that surround the main island.
Yes

Wildhog

Now I have to post my Tahiti/Moorea pics.  Always looking for an excuse. 

Best trip ever.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on December 02, 2016, 04:50:14 pm
Now I have to post my Tahiti/Moorea pics.  Always looking for an excuse. 

Best trip ever.

Post them up!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 10:09:21 pm
Post them up!

Wildhog could hook you up with a great charter fishing boat captain there.  As I recall there may even be some herb involved...

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2016, 07:50:08 am
Wildhog could hook you up with a great charter fishing boat captain there.  As I recall there may even be some herb involved...

Wildhog,  you did some fishing down there?  How was the fishing?

DeltaBoy

US Virgin Islands and Costa Rica are quiet nice but the South Pacfic from what I see on here is the BOMB!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 03, 2016, 12:22:37 pm
Wildhog,  you did some fishing down there?  How was the fishing?

Yes I did.  We went out trolling for marlin.  Didn't get a marlin but we dropped a line a few times and caught some mackerel.  Ate one of them right there on the boat.  Had a GREAT time.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on January 04, 2017, 12:18:20 pm
Yes I did.  We went out trolling for marlin.  Didn't get a marlin but we dropped a line a few times and caught some mackerel.  Ate one of them right there on the boat.  Had a GREAT time.

Just saw your message wildhog. 

I like fishing!  Went to the keys last year and we did some marlin (not the same marlin you did) and took it to a local restaurant that night.  Was absolutely amazing.