Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think Arkansas will beat A&M this Fall. . .

Started by Con el Cerdos, January 02, 2018, 02:42:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

Snout team

Why would they not?  I understand he is 3 years removed from HS, correct?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

247Hog

What i find funny is during the A&M game, the announcers was trying to sell how Kirk might stay now that Fisher is the coach because he is so good at developing talent and all. I think Jimbo might be in trouble. IMO Florida St. was on the way down while all the other Florida school on the way up. He has never had to deal with stress like he will have if he doesn't win fast at A&M. He also never had to coach week to week like he will in the SEC W. I just don't see him winning any championship there.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: 247Hog on January 02, 2018, 03:48:19 pm
What i find funny is during the A&M game, the announcers was trying to sell how Kirk might stay now that Fisher is the coach because he is so good at developing talent and all. I think Jimbo might be in trouble. IMO Florida St. was on the way down while all the other Florida school on the way up. He has never had to deal with stress like he will have if he doesn't win fast at A&M. He also never had to coach week to week like he will in the SEC W. I just don't see him winning any championship there.

If he does, it will be after Saban retires.  And if Kirby stays at GA, and I think he will, winning championships won't get any easier even if Saban is gone.

Fan1958

Quote from: 247Hog on January 02, 2018, 03:48:19 pm

What kind of stress can there be when you are guaranteed $75 million?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

go hogues

Ahhhh, the ol' "we'll beat A&M this year" thread. The off-season can truly commence.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Arky

Quote from: go hogues on January 02, 2018, 06:57:05 pm
Ahhhh, the ol’ “we’ll beat A&M this year” thread. The off-season can truly commence.
cain't lose every year.....

Mjs84

The SEC is going to eat Jimbo alive.  Can't believe A$M threw so much money at the guy.

Hogarusa

I dont know what any of you saw that makes you think Jimbo cant make A&M an instant contender. The dude produces NFL talent and won constantly up until losing his QB this season. ACC is a pretty solid P5 conference btw.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 02, 2018, 07:44:45 pm
I dont know what any of you saw that makes you think Jimbo cant make A&M an instant contender. The dude produces NFL talent and won constantly up until losing his QB this season. ACC is a pretty solid P5 conference btw.
Well Free Shoes U has always produced nfl talent on its own..

Con el Cerdos

I agree he will make A&M a contender; the good to great football players are plentiful enough in Texas to get the job done.  I'm just not sure he will win championships until Saban retires.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: 247Hog on January 02, 2018, 05:01:22 pm
Ask Gus.
Gus is definitely coaching like a man who no longer worries about having a job.

jkstock04

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 02, 2018, 09:29:25 pm
We should know, we have plentiful experience in seeing that the past few years.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

247Hog

Agree 1000x

Does enough to keep his job.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 02, 2018, 09:32:22 pm
We should know, we have plentiful experience in seeing that the past few years.
For sure. As sweet as Gus has it he still doesn't have an AD that would allow him to lose 17 SEC games straight and then declare he is ahead of schedule after winning just two.

Ugly Uncle

In my opinion...Florida State is an easier place to win.  It has been a better program than Texas A.M. has ever been.  Florida has better talent than Texas (that is the "my opinion" part.) and FSU has less competition for the top talent.

He has had a problem with integrity and running a clean program, so in that way he will fit in at Tam.  I think he is overrated as a coach, and we are all about to see this true in a glorious implosion in college station.
Retired Radio Host

JethroB.

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 02, 2018, 11:27:49 pm
In my opinion...Florida State is an easier place to win.  It has been a better program than Texas A.M. has ever been.  Florida has better talent than Texas (that is the "my opinion" part.) and FSU has less competition for the top talent.

He has had a problem with integrity and running a clean program, so in that way he will fit in at Tam.  I think he is overrated as a coach, and we are all about to see this true in a glorious implosion in college station.

I think he has an easier path being in the ACC than the SEC. They've got Clemson, Louisville, VTech, and now Miami. Those are the toughest teams he should be playing for the most part.

hawganatic

Quote from: go hogues on January 02, 2018, 06:57:05 pm
Ahhhh, the ol' "we'll beat A&M this year" thread. The off-season can truly commence.

Say it enough times and we will eventually be right...

hawganatic

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 02, 2018, 08:28:29 pm
Well Free Shoes U has always produced nfl talent on its own..

How does a school itself produce NFL talent?  Pretty sure that's on the coaching staff at said school...

NuttinItUp

Eventually we have to win, right? They can't beat us forever.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 02, 2018, 02:42:39 pm
Christian Kirk is applying for early entry into 2018 NFL draft.  Pray they allow it. . . .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000901935/article/texas-am-wr-kirk-to-apply-for-early-entry-into-2018-draft

At the risk of being a Spanish grammar Nazi, shouldn't your name be "con los cerdos," or "con el cerdo?"

Sorry. I'm a nerd.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

The Kig

I will believe we beat ATM when we actually do it.  We have thought we were going to win for 4 years and didn't.  Yes, Burt is gone... but that doesn't change the fact that our OL stunk and our D was awful and many of those talented players will still be the best option.   

Next year is going to be a 3rd defense in 3 years, installing a completely new offensive scheme, and an entirely new coaching staff.   Hoping for it is one thing, but expecting overnight success is ludicrous. 
Poker Porker

PorkSoda

Quote from: Arky on January 02, 2018, 07:09:15 pm
cain't lose every year.....
was 34 years (9 games) between wins vs florida. 

its only been since 2011 (6 games) for TAMU.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PonderinHog

Can I count on it, book it, take it to the bank ???

PorkSoda

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 03, 2018, 06:27:57 pm
You might want to run it by porkatarian or PITP first
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

texhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 03, 2018, 06:20:34 pm
was 34 years (9 games) between wins vs florida. 

its only been since 2011 (6 games) for TAMU.

A&M hasn't been near the level that UF was during our 9 game losing streak.  They were nearly always one of the top 3 SEC teams during the Spurrier and Meyer years.  A&M.... not so much.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 03, 2018, 06:27:57 pm

I think we safely count it now but then get on the books only after we take it to the bank.  Not sure what the etiquette is here. ???
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkSoda

Quote from: texhog on January 03, 2018, 07:39:04 pm
A&M hasn't been near the level that UF was during our 9 game losing streak.  They were nearly always one of the top 3 SEC teams during the Spurrier and Meyer years.  A&M.... not so much.
we have had a lot of OT games with TAMU also.  I honestly can't figure out how we have lost so many to them.  then I remember our last win was in 2011 and it all makes since.  now that that issue has been resolved, hopefully we can go back to winning.

code red

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 02, 2018, 02:42:39 pm
Christian Kirk is applying for early entry into 2018 NFL draft.  Pray they allow it. . . .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000901935/article/texas-am-wr-kirk-to-apply-for-early-entry-into-2018-draft
Every other receiver they got is a freshman so no....we will get housed.   
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

GuvHog

Very true. Auburn could fire him today and he'd laugh his butt off all the way to the bank to deposit that massive buyout check. No matter how he leaves Auburn or when, whether he gets fired or leaves on his own, he's going to leave Auburn LOADED with millions of dollars in War Eagle money and I think that is hilarious.

As for A&M, it would be greatly enjoyable to get a win over them after 5 years in the Abyss.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: code red on January 04, 2018, 10:31:24 am
Every other receiver they got is a freshman so no....we will get housed.   

So, you're saying that A&M has signed new WRs as dangerous as Kirk? 

Hardcore Hoggy

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 04, 2018, 01:50:14 pm

Bama called and said "oh yes you can"
saban is not immortal.

sometime during this next century, we will beat bama.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 04, 2018, 02:23:53 pm
saban is not immortal.

sometime during this next century, we will beat bama.

No joke, surely we can squeak out a win vs Bama sometime between now and 2100 AD

Tim Harris

Jimbo is a good coach and will do well there if he can learn to deal with all the outside things involved with being an Aggie.

It is the off season though and we are supposed to predict winning all our games and winning a national championship.

That we gonna beat A&M next year sits just below the, BAMA just ain't that good this year.  We just have to wait until BAMA finishes the season to get that started.