Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A buddy of mine is a big DTS fan, he and his partner own an Ad Agency in NWA

Started by psst!, October 30, 2007, 01:55:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psst!

They monitor Sportsrap online.
We were talking about ratings and he said the summer ratings period occured for only about two weeks with Shawn and Wally.
He did say that the numbers should have DTS a worried.  He said it is interesting because Shawn and Wally have only been together for a short time but there is solid proof they are putting a dent in Drivetime, they have some serious momentum. He said Rick and Randy have been together for all the years and Wally and Shawn have more chemistry in two months than their show ever had.
He said they are skeptical about throwing any money to SR because of their DTS loyalty but if the numbers keep going they will have no choice because their clients are starting to ask about Shawn and Wally.
The real numbers come out in March.
I hope this is a down the middle assesment. 
They also mentioned that Rick's lies were killing DTS credibility.

razorbackred

I put Rick and Randy right up there with Grant and Vernon; a total embarrassment!

Shawn and Wally are great!  We just need Mike Irwin back on Press Row so we would have someone good to listen to first thing each morning. 

CallThemHawgs!

Very interesting... thanks for sharing. Is SR not avail in NWA? Im outta the loop here, I can never find it tho... every day on my drive home I look for it to no avail. Anyone?  ???

Rick is going to take DTS into the ground with the posse

hoghearted

They better get ready for a sea change. SportsRap is where it's at.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

razorbackred

Since 1894

NM - See below
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Reaganite

The Arbitron Ratings don't take into account all of the listeners on them internets do they?

I listen on the Net from 4-5 then flip on a local station at 5:00pm.

Omahabound

Quote from: psst! on October 30, 2007, 01:55:43 pm
We were talking about ratings and he said the summer ratings period occured for only about two weeks with Shawn and Wally.
He did say that the numbers should have DTS a worried.  He said it is interesting because Shawn and Wally have only been together for a short time but there is solid proof they are putting a dent in Drivetime, they have some serious momentum. He said Rick and Randy have been together for all the years and Wally and Shawn have more chemistry in two months than their show ever had.
He said they are skeptical about throwing any money to SR because of their DTS loyalty but if the numbers keep going they will have no choice because their clients are starting to ask about Shawn and Wally.

Like It Is!

Since 1894

Thanks who ever you are!!!

Any word on Bo's show and their ratings????

I wonder
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

psst!

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 30, 2007, 02:00:12 pm
Thanks M---

BTW, did they mention anything about Bo's show?

Just wondering.

Bo's show wasn't a factor they said.  The ratings were low and the ad rates don't represent buying power.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 30, 2007, 01:58:32 pm

If SR was available in NWA they would really see the numbers drop.  I can't get SR, so I just wait to hear Earl Pitt's evening commentary so I can at least laugh and not have my blood pressure moved.

To the sponsors and providers of DTS in NWA.....DUMP IT AND REPLACE IT WITH SR.

Opineonswine dead on...... MESSAGE TO Mr. Butler if you can't replace DTS then use one (1) of your FM station to have Sportsrap on.  Then you watch where the ad money goes first hand.  I'm not sure 1190 am cares about the listeners.

CallThemHawgs!

I listen to Bo, its the only choice.. DTS just pisses me off after a long day of class. I really dont mind Bo`s show at all, much more down to earth than DTS

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Conway Cool Daddy

SR really needs to bump Elswick on 102.9 Fm at 4.00.

Their biggest problem is availability not popularity.
920 Am just has terrible reception.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 30, 2007, 02:06:56 pm

Yes.  And who listens to Elswick?  What is his purpose?
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

razorbackred

I can't believe 1190 in NWA continues to air DTS.  Who do we need to write to or email to request SR?  Please pass on any info you have. 

psst!

Quote from: razorbackred on October 30, 2007, 02:09:09 pm
I can't believe 1190 in NWA continues to air DTS.  Who do we need to write to or email to request SR?  Please pass on any info you have. 

Send a email to:
butlerbroadcast1@aol.com

tolerati

Sports Rap is ALOT better than Drive Time Sports. It would definately be worth switching for.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

razornole

I would again like to thank KXIO.NU for netcasting SR!

You can NOT pick up 920 AM if you are not in your car in West Little Rock. 
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

The Lemming

920 am sucks.

psst!

Quote from: intoxhog on October 30, 2007, 02:12:26 pm
Quote from: psst! on October 30, 2007, 02:10:48 pm
Quote from: razorbackred on October 30, 2007, 02:09:09 pm

Send a email to:
butlerbroadcast1@aol.com

I just got an another email for the program directer there. His Name is David Jackson.

his email is jackson@newrock1049x.com

ps the phone number is 501-582-3776

Use the butler email.  Butler is the owner

The Lemming

Quote from: The Lemming on October 30, 2007, 02:14:38 pm

920 am sucks.
It only works if you have the big coffee can attached to the string.

Bvilleboar

2012 the year of the HOGS

havok

Quote from: tolerati on October 30, 2007, 02:14:16 pm
Sports Rap is ALOT better than Drive Time Sports. It would definately be worth switching for.

Interestingly, I hear many of the same voices I heard on Drive time in the past, now are regular callers to Sports Rap...so it is definately syphoning off some of it's listenership.  besides Callers like FCJ are pretty much blocked, and they only have plant callers on DTS call in...  Anyone who has another opininon is talked down to in a condecending manner.

Wonder when the Unethical Bastards on the hill, start using Detectives or filing lawsuits against Stations Carrying Sports rap, in their useless efforts to protect his holiness the dork.

HogCard

As bad as DTS is, I can't listen to Bo either.  The other day I turned over there and he was doing a "funny coaches story" theme all day.  Was stupid!

D Ive Wright

razorbackred

I emailed Butler Broadcasting to simply request SR instead of DTS in NWA.  I will pass along the feedback I get!

hogsanity

Put everything else aside, hugger/darksider HDN, JFB.  DTS simply is not a good program.  They spend all Friday talking about the point spreads on HS games between podunk rural consolidated and hole in the road one horse town.  Then, they spend half their time pushing their sponsors.  It is just a bad show.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jim

Amen to all points above.

Please, please, please let the people know at Butler that we need SR on in NWA, not the H&R Puffinstuff of DTS.  I long for the day when NWA can have a decent FM sports talk station and one that is objective.  Make it the Hannity & Colmes of Hog Talk.  It CAN be done...we just need the right team and the right station to make it happen.

Hoggy Potter

Just Play to Win Baby!!!

doo-ran

I'm with Conway Cool Daddy on this one. 102.9 needs to drop the Dave Elswick show immediately. It's a pain to have to wait for a delayed Sportswrap. However I'll take a static filled, triple scrambled, microwave transmission between two soldiers talking in Mandarin Chinese any day over the drivel that is Cry Time Sports.

(Courtesy of Spies Like Us)

razornole

J.A.Y.

Guys, I am one of those people that just can't get enough Razorback info, I think that is why I am addicted to Hogville.

Anyways, I always have listened to DTS since high school b/c it was the only option.

With the rise of SportsRap, it is a HUGE breathe of fresh air. They have a great rapport with each other and they don't have the agenda's that DTS does.

They also change it up too. Hell they had Charles Barkley on 2 weeks ago. It was great!

With that if SR gets the backing that DTS has right now, Randy and Rick are in BIG trouble. Sportsrap is truly more of a voice of the Fans. Not despite them.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Lanny

Quote from: J.A.Y. on October 30, 2007, 03:07:35 pm
Guys, I am one of those people that just can't get enough Razorback info, I think that is why I am addicted to Hogville.

Anyways, I always have listened to DTS since high school b/c it was the only option.

With the rise of SportsRap, it is a HUGE breathe of fresh air. They have a great rapport with each other and they don't have the agenda's that DTS does.

They also change it up too. Hell they had Charles Barkley on 2 weeks ago. It was great!

With that if SR gets the backing that DTS has right now, Randy and Rick are in BIG trouble. Sportsrap is truly more of a voice of the Fans. Not despite them.

The Chemistry between Shawn,Jim and Wally is second to none. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

havok

Quote from: hogsanity on October 30, 2007, 02:35:12 pm
Put everything else aside, hugger/darksider HDN, JFB.  DTS simply is not a good program.  They spend all Friday talking about the point spreads on HS games between podunk rural consolidated and hole in the road one horse town.  Then, they spend half their time pushing their sponsors.  It is just a bad show.

Do they still have that Friday Guest Host from Hootens.com.. the one High School guru who doesn't even have a grown man's voice.???  That was awful...I couldn't stand Listenign on Fridays, even when it was the only show in town.  

Lrhog671

yep, SportsRap is great, been listening to it, since early last week.

razornole

Quote from: hSv on October 30, 2007, 03:09:01 pm

yes it is really good

course it gets really weird when some dude shows up, hhhmmm forget his name, anyway it is horrible radio

dead air, uniformined takes and a crappy radio voice

hheeehhheee

hogsanity

Quote from: havok on October 30, 2007, 03:11:24 pm

Do they still have that Friday Guest Host from Hootens.com.. the one High School guru who doesn't even have a grown man's voice.???  That was awful...I couldn't stand Listenign on Fridays, even when it was the only show in town.  

I quit listening on Fridays almost 2 years ago because of that, now I dont listen at all, so i dont know.  My guess would be yes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

taintlint

You have to consider more than just that time slot.

Yes Rick and Randy are HORRIBLE but 102.9 can not hold a candle to 103.7's ratings. So as far as LR advertisers go, money will still be spent on advertising with 103.7 opposed to 102.9.

The age demographic is night and day also between the two stations.

Wally and Co. have a long road ahead of them before they see LR Ad $$$ swap stations.

Cajun Hog

Which is amazing, when your talking a the midget aka Wally.   Shawn and Jim great job.........

razornole

Quote from: taintlint on October 30, 2007, 03:16:35 pm
You have to consider more than just that time slot.

Yes Rick and Randy are HORRIBLE but 102.9 can not hold a candle to 103.7's ratings. So as far as LR advertisers go, money will still be spent on advertising with 103.7 opposed to 102.9.

The age demographic is night and day also between the two stations.

Wally and Co. have a long road ahead of them before they see LR Ad $$$ swap stations.

ture IF you don't give people a reason the switch.  The dude they have on now is not a reason to dump the Rainbow Reverend

kimjongsqUeAl

I switched to SR for a few reasons but mainly because they don't talk about HS football all day on Fri.  I hate to say it but maybe if SR tried to hit at that market their numbers might improve even greater.  I just like the realness and the "outside looking in" approach on SR.  It's much better!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Conway Cool Daddy

Yeah, but that Lanny Beavers guy is just a little too strange, its like he's been looking at a computer screen too long or something.

cmakrzrbak

They can't cut DTS.  Jimmy Lee wouldn't have anyone to call in to from his front porch.

Heya say Rick fo sho wut gon be duh recad fo them bois dis yar? 
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

razornole

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 30, 2007, 03:37:27 pm

Yeah, but that Lanny Beavers guy is just a little too strange, its like he's been looking at a computer screen too long or something.

yeah that guy.  eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww he is awful

GolfnHog

AFrigginMen!!!! I can leave the office and for 10-12 straight minutes all you hear is commericals. That starts the blood boiling and it runs over when Sunshine comes back on and the 1st caller that they disagree w/ they put the music on to go back to another set of commericals.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 30, 2007, 03:37:27 pm

Lanny Beavers is now my new name for film productions that I participate in.  Thanks.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgfandude

knowholesbarred

Quote from: opineonswine on October 30, 2007, 01:58:32 pm

If SR was available in NWA they would really see the numbers drop.  I can't get SR, so I just wait to hear Earl Pitt's evening commentary so I can at least laugh and not have my blood pressure moved.

To the sponsors and providers of DTS in NWA.....DUMP IT AND REPLACE IT WITH SR.

amen !