Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Baton Rouge: Troy 24, LSU 21

Started by jbcarol, September 30, 2017, 07:17:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

September 30, 2017, 07:17:29 am Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:58:23 pm by jbcarol
Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger

#LSU-#Troy: Players to watch, Key matchups, numbers to know

Quote36-0

LSU against current Sun Belt schools (2-0 versus Troy)

Consecutive LSU wins rushing for 100 yards, opponent under 100

LSU's non-conference winning percentage since 2000, best in SEC
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 32m32 minutes ago

#Troy 7, #LSU 0 - 13:13 1Q | Trojans take advantage of Brossette's lost fumble.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

riccoar

LSU having trouble stopping Troy. Death Valley is quiet

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 2m2 minutes ago

#LSU's two players with catches in this game?

They weigh a combined 500 pounds.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 2m2 minutes ago

#Troy 7, #LSU 0 - end of 1Q

jbcarol

Etling is injured.  Myles Brennan may be in at QB.

jbcarol

Halftime at Tiger Stadium

Troy 7 10  LSU 0

solitons

coach O will be on hot seat list soon

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 1m1 minute ago

LSU trails Troy, 10-0, at half. 1st time LSU has trailed at the half in non-conf home game since Nov. 14, 2009 (down 3 at half vs La Tech)

jbcarol

Troy breaks off a 74 yard run from scrimmage to near the LS 1

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 3m3 minutes ago

#LSU is 0 for 4 on third downs. Big one here and....

Brennan completes to Dillon. Dillon fumbles.

Troy ball

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 10m10 minutes ago

Paid attendance: 99,879

Actuamation: 69,008 (about half of that remains)

#LSU

jbcarol

The Advocate‏Verified account @theadvocatebr 31m31 minutes ago

Reaction to LSU's stunner: Fans, analysts rip Tigers over loss to Troy, 'just not good enough' https://buff.ly/2xOOPm8

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 40m40 minutes ago

#Troy celebration. #LSU

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 8h8 hours ago

Devin White tonight, per @MicklesAdvocate: "At the end of the day, it was who wanted it more. You could tell they wanted it more." #LSU

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247

Remember when we looked at that schedule and said, "Man, Tennessee-LSU at Neyland in November looks pretty tasty."

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 48m48 minutes ago

Devin White has 49 tackles through five games.

He leads #LSU in that category - by 18 tackles.

Former RB

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Troy QB on win over LSU: 'We wanted it more'

Quote"I think we wanted it more," Troy quarterback Brandon Silvers said. "I can't speak for the other team, but I feel like we wanted it more the entire game."

LSU apparently wasn't scared straight by a blowout loss at Mississippi State two weeks ago or remotely fazed by a close call one week ago against Syracuse. Even with those two teachable moments fresh in their minds, the Tigers seemed unprepared to match the Trojans' effort and desire.

"I felt like they were very physical and came in with a purpose," LSU linebacker Devin White said of the Trojans. "It doesn't puzzle me that they wanted it more, because the team that's smaller has nothing to lose. We wanted to win, but we played like we didn't want to lose."

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Troy's Alvin Bryant to be disciplined for obscene gestures on bench at LSU game

QuoteTroy wide receiver Alvin Bryant will face unspecified disciplinary action after a video surfaced showing him flashing obscene gestures at LSU fans late in the Trojans' 27-24 victory over the Tigers in Baton Rouge on Saturday night.

Bryant, a redshirt freshman from Orlando, Fla., has not recorded any statistics this season. Troy's victory snapped LSU's 49-game non-conference home winning streak, which dated back to 2000.

Troy coach Neal Brown released the following statement on Sunday:

"I was made aware of the video of Alvin Bryant, and I am extremely disappointed in his actions. This type of behavior will not be tolerated in our program, and he will face immediate disciplinary actions. It is unfortunate that I have to address the behavior of one individual after a significant victory for our football program. However, it is important that our young men understand the consequences of their decisions and actions."

In the video, apparently shot by a fan and posted by Barstool Sports, Bryant can be seen standing on the bench pointing his middle fingers and shouting at spectators before grabbing his crotch.

jbcarol

jbcarol

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

woodrow hog call

I actually felt a little sorry for Ed during this game, he looked miserable.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

LSU can't even agree on who called players-only meeting

QuoteLSU football team has so many communication issues right now that it can't even agree on who called its players-only meeting Saturday night.

Coach Ed Orgeron said he thought it was senior running back Darrel Williams. Inside linebacker Devin White said fourth-year junior safety John Battle was the only player who spoke. After the game, senior nose tackle Greg Gilmore claimed he stood up and offered his voice. Defensive end Christian LaCouture said everyone who wanted to speak got a chance to.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Orgeron's story doesn't match up with the players' stories. It was a players-only meeting...

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports 14h14 hours ago

Troy became an overnight national sensation after it knocked off Ed Orgeron's squad https://trib.al/HIi4wOA

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports 18h18 hours ago

Check out this Q&A with Troy's athletic director, Jeremy McClain, as he chats about the win over LSU (via @jtalty)  https://trib.al/utOzcX7

QuoteTroy athletic director Jeremy McClain discussed the scandal currently dominating college basketball, how a win over LSU could impact future scheduling and more.

On whether beating LSU makes it more difficult to schedule games:

"None of us know how one side of the other is going to be in six, seven, eight years. It really doesn't have that much of an impact. There could be some residual but I think we probably overestimate how much impact that might have."

On reaction to FBI investigation into college basketball:

"We sit down and have a conversation with our coaches and talk through where we are at and talk mostly about the national landscape and how did we get to this point. We are going to evaluate our own program and have those conversations. It's disheartening, disappointing..."

On communication with Adidas, Troy's apparel sponsor, since the story broke:

"They are obviously dealing with some much deeper issues with some other schools right now..."