Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haven't gotten to see A&M much this year. For those that have

Started by k.c.hawg, January 29, 2018, 11:07:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

WTH is their problem and does it look fixable? I know they had guys out early but thought they were back at full strength. Any observations and will they get well against the Hogs?
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

BannerMountainMan

Just like Georgia, they got the big men but their guards struggle and that's what we thrive at
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorpimp

Do we see a different starting lineup?  Do the Hogs go big?

cardsNhogs

Hawg Red

Might the Hogs start a winning streak in College Station tomorrow?

Despite how poorly A&M has played since their non-conference schedule, I still this as a really, really tough game. Hopefully we can get their two big boys in foul trouble. Gonna have to actually feed the post for that to happen, but I think Trey is a sneaky foul magnet with his up-fakes. The rub is he hasn't been too great at catching those entry feeds lately.

cityhog

Magic 8 ball says the Ag's finally break out of their slump tomorrow and suddenly they'll look like the preseason top 10 team they were supposed to be. Zero confidence we win tomorrow.

hawg66

I thought they started a win streak 10 days ago?  Hmmmm...  I'll double check.

hawg66

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawg66 on January 29, 2018, 12:30:27 pm
I thought they started a win streak 10 days ago?  Hmmmm...  I'll double check.

A winning streak *in College Station*, meaning back-to-back wins at A&M (we finally won there last season).

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawg66 on January 29, 2018, 12:31:19 pm
Yep. Sure did. I'm not as senile as I feared.
Maybe he's talking about a win streak at A & M.  Did we beat them there last year?

Hawg Red

PonderinHog

hogsanity

A&M still has guard issues, which plays nicely to the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NoogaHog

I hope we have a good game from the guards and Thomas and Thompson, like Georgia, because I have a feeling that big caveman looking dude they have underneath is going to have his way with skinny Dan and Adrio.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

twistitup

I hope they don't have a coming out party against us....I know, preseason, they were ranked top 10 - they have talent
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The_Iceman

Bet they will shoot 50% from 3 against us tomorrow and beat us by 12.

hawg66

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 29, 2018, 12:34:14 pm
A winning streak *in College Station*, meaning back-to-back wins at A&M (we finally won there last season).
I didn't remember that. Dang. Now I'm senile again.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: twistitup on January 29, 2018, 12:48:58 pm
I hope they don't have a coming out party against us....I know, preseason, they were ranked top 10 - they have talent
Yeah it's a scary one. They'll most likely come out of their funk at some point. They're more than welcome to do so starting this weekend, but not tomorrow, please.
I really do like our chances. I think if we'd played a half-decent offensive game against UGA, we could've run them out of the gym. A&M's guards could give us lots of easy buckets.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Kevin

they are talented, but something inside the team, is keeping them ,from achieving the same success they had earlier
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgsPolo

Winnable game, but Macon and Barford will need to combine for at least 40 points. If the hogs force jump shots they will have a chance to steal another one.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Bacon_Bitz

I thought the line would be A&M -1.5 but it's A&M -4.5

I too think they will solve their 3 pt issues against us and that'll be enough for them to win

East TN HAWG

They are really strong up front with Davis, Williams and Morales.  Their guard play has been suspect all season.  They've had injuries and suspensions in their back court.  I watched part of the Kansas game the other day and Davis is still a stud.  We need him to get into foul trouble, but that is unlikely since we are a perimeter team and do not attack the paint.

If our 3 point shots are falling, we win.  If we are forced to win on defense, we lose.  We must apply intense pressure on their guards and push play away from the basket to win.   

raz1965

A&M has talent a plenty, injuries an suspensions have disrupted the chemistry of the team, maybe the coach has created attitudes, what ever the case they have been underachieving since conference play has started. If these  problems continue , the Razorbacks could win going away however if A&M brings its A game the hogs will have to play there best game of the year to pull this one out. Woo pig. Go Hogs.

elksnort

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2018, 12:56:48 pm
Bet they will shoot 50% from 3 against us tomorrow and beat us by 12.
Not saying that it will happen but I challenge anyone to refute the possibility this happening. Will not be a surprise.

jabber71

Georgia had really good inside players with poor guards Arkansas W
OSU has really good inside players with poor guards Arkansas W
A&M has really good inside player with poor guards Arkansas ??? (I think I see a trend)
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

HoopS

Injuries have been their problem. Specifically their guards who are finally back to near 100%. We need to pressure them early and often to make them prove they are all. If they are, we will struggle. They are strong in the paint and have shooters.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: jabber71 on January 30, 2018, 11:19:21 am
Georgia had really good inside players with poor guards Arkansas W
OSU has really good inside players with poor guards Arkansas W
A&M has really good inside player with poor guards Arkansas ??? (I think I see a trend)
Georgia had the best post player.  A$M is the best post team. Big difference.

daprospecta

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 29, 2018, 03:00:11 pm
I thought the line would be A&M -1.5 but it's A&M -4.5

I too think they will solve their 3 pt issues against us and that'll be enough for them to win
It started at five and it's going down.  College basketball equates home advantage to be about 5-9 point.  If we are getting 4.5 points, Vegas thinks we are slightly better.

jabber71

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 30, 2018, 02:47:12 pm
Georgia had the best post player.  A$M is the best post team. Big difference.

Stat                           ARK           TXAM
Opp Points/Game   76.0           68.0
Opp Effective FG %   50.7%   45.6%
Off Rebounds/Gm   8.6           11.3
Def Rebounds/Gm   23.7           28.1
Blocks/Game           4.6           6.0
Steals/Game          6.7           5.8
Personal Fouls/Gm   20.1           16.4

For the best inside team they are only getting 5 more def / off rebounds then us per game. They play 4 guys 6'9 or bigger an average of 28 min per game, with that depth I would have thought it would have been higher. Its all going to come down to fouls, play a clean game and its a win.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!