Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 racks of ribs and a 12 pound brisket on a WSM 22.5 ?

Started by jdelo77, August 12, 2013, 08:51:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

We are smoking 6 racks of spares and a brisket for ULL tailgate , I bought the weber rib/roast rack and I think I can fit the ribs on top with the rack and the brisket on bottom , I'm thinking with all these ribs I'll smoke the for six hours instead of my normal 4.5-5 , anyone tried to smoke this much meat on a WSM 22.5 ? I think I can make it work !

edmo

That is exactly the kind of volume of meat the 22.5 is made to accommodate! Have no doubts, WPS!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jdelo77

It's now up to Nine racks of ribs , and a 13 pound brisket , thinking of starting the smoker at 9 pm and throwing the brisket on then,  throwing it in the oven at 5am and stoking smoker and throw the ribs on , what do you guys think ?

majestic

I'm going to need to know where your tailgate is. I'm an expert taster.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

jdelo77

Lot 56 , byob and $5 bucks a head for the brisket /ribs ...

majestic

Quote from: jdelow77 on August 27, 2013, 07:19:10 pm
Lot 56 , byob and $5 bucks a head for the brisket /ribs ...
Might do.... where is lot 56?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

jdelo77

Lot 56 is on the big lot between MLK and the gardens ...

dhornjr1

jdelo77

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.