Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A little restaurant info from you Tulsa natives....

Started by Boarcephus, August 27, 2008, 02:33:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Did they ever reopen the old Casa Bonita/Casa Viva at 21st and Sheridan?  I saw where it was supposed to reopen but have not heard for sure.  Thanks!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SteveInArk

We do a crafts show in Tulsa each November.  Ate at Casa Viva at that location in mid-Nov 07... but heard it closed down the next month.   Read somewhere the original owner was opening up under the old name of Casa Bonita this year, but can't check till Nov this year.

Wish I could give more info...  must be someone from Tulsa that will fill in the facts for you.  :)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

servtech48

Apparently it is open again.  Some friends of mine went to Tulsa a few weeks ago and that's where they went to eat dinner.

Boarcephus

Quote from: servtech48 on August 27, 2008, 09:35:34 pm
Apparently it is open again.  Some friends of mine went to Tulsa a few weeks ago and that's where they went to eat dinner.

Thanks to both.  I called the number listed for Casa Viva and it was disconnected.  Might see if I can run down the Casa Bonita number and try it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PigPusher

Well it reopened once with a different name and owner.  Then, it closed and reopened with the original owner and close to the same decor. Have heard nothing locally about the food quality.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

poppy

Saw in TheTulsa World that it is opening again. Not sure when. Could be open already. I think it said it was the original owner.

PigPusher

Quote from: poppy on August 28, 2008, 12:46:06 pm
Saw in TheTulsa World that it is opening again. Not sure when. Could be open already. I think it said it was the original owner.

What I just said..gezzzz!
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Boarcephus

for those interested, the wife just called and they are open and good to go.  I see a quick road trip to Tulsa either early Saturday or Monday.

the411

Boarcephus

Quote from: the411 on August 28, 2008, 07:34:40 pm
Raise the flag an order some sopopillas for us

Can and will do.  Looks like Monday for sure.  Tulsa is a quick little road trip for us.  Leave first thing in the morning and get there around 9:30 or so, drop Deb off at one of her shops, head to the liquor store at 51st and Lewis and stock up on Jack Daniels, pick her up then head to Casa Bonita.  Just a huge platter full of good, gooey, texmex food.  Come home and take a nap.  ;)

Boarcephus

Little update....it's open, the people are bending over backwards to make sure you enjoy the experience, repainted and brightened up the place but the food was not nearly as good as it was and an all you can eat platter is now around $10-11.   I'm sure I'll back but won't plan a weekend around it like we used to.

rcopela

I'm going to be planing a trip soon, for some reason I've always liked that place.

SteveInArk

September 05, 2008, 09:29:17 am #13 Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:31:48 am by SteveInArk
Quote from: Boarcephus on September 05, 2008, 07:33:50 am
Little update....it's open, the people are bending over backwards to make sure you enjoy the experience, repainted and brightened up the place but the food was not nearly as good as it was and an all you can eat platter is now around $10-11.   I'm sure I'll back but won't plan a weekend around it like we used to.

Will check it out in November trip there...  hopefully things will get better.  You would expect that, if going through personnel changes and growing pains.  Thanks for the update.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown