Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on a New Grill

Started by Calihog, August 12, 2008, 10:11:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fritolayhog

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on June 22, 2009, 07:43:10 pm
Buy the LXE.

I am a Weber man on the home grill but you can't beat the Road Trip for convenience.  The grill gets extremely hot.  The collapsable stand/wheels work awesome (we use it about 10 times on the road every year).  We usually use 1-2 portable tanks of propane per event. 

You will not go wrong. 

DB will agree with me. 

Second.

I use my Roadtrip at home about 3 times a week.  Excellent little gas grill.

Shag66

Quote from: Boar on May 07, 2009, 03:57:43 pm
I've got this gas and charcoal grill on my wish list...

There's an optional firebox attachment available for the charcoal side.

Hey Boar!  Aren't ya GLAD you didn't do THIS!

Boarcephus

Quote from: sainthog on June 22, 2009, 11:38:00 am
Sam's in Fayetteville has the large BGE for 698.00. Bought one last week.

Are you sure that's a BGE???  I saw it and it appears to be a cheap imitation.   If it's the one by the main entrance, don't think it is.  Looks like one but it's not.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Shag66

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 28, 2010, 11:18:01 am
Are you sure that's a BGE???  I saw it and it appears to be a cheap imitation.   If it's the one by the main entrance, don't think it is.  Looks like one but it's not.

That was from a year ago Boarcephus.  I dug up an oldie!  :)

And you are right, the one at Sam's NOW appears to be a piece of CRAP...

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on May 28, 2010, 11:35:00 am
That was from a year ago Boarcephus.  I dug up an oldie!  :)

And you are right, the one at Sam's NOW appears to be a piece of CRAP...

Low blow.  ;)   Flunked that test.   I'll go back to my room now. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Melhog on June 23, 2009, 08:27:10 am
Thanks for the feedback MP.  I was all set to get the Road Trip LXE and then saw the CR report and started having second thoughts.  I have a Weber at home also, so am certainly comfortable getting one of those, but the stand that comes with the Q200 looks flimsy and cheap.  Thanks again.

Mine had been great!  It is well built and easy to stow and go.  Mine had ceramic coated cast Iron cooking grates.  I cook out on it about 9 months of the year.  Burgers, Chicken and hot dogs and brats.

The Little bottles last me 2-4 cookings and I have a the attachment that allows me to use the standard 25 pound or larger bottles.

I want to buy the case , grill and pot grates for mine.   The paint and SS have held up fine.   I got to get some easy off BBQ cleaner a hold of mine it got nasty.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.