Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The coach we need, but don't really deserve

Started by Roaringboar, September 29, 2017, 09:43:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

Even though everyone here on Hogville just acts ignorant to his past success at LSU and wants to bash him by saying he's senile, foolish, and doesn't know a thing about football, Les Miles is the coach this program really needs.

Miles ran an amazing program at LSU, a program that was successful and competeing for the SEC West title every year, even in those last two down years. Miles has a proven record, and Miles program has produced more NFL talent than any other college football program at this current point in time. Miles is a proven winner, and he could at least get the Hogs back to winning 9 games a year instead of the pathetic 6 or 7 we might win with Bert at the reigns. The longer Bielema is here, the harder it will be to rebuild....

Supposedly that's what he's been doing the last five, and all we've seen is disaster after disaster with this football program.....Miles, though it would probably take a couple of years to get the pieces in place, by year three could have us turned back into a winning program. If you're a real Hog fan, you shouldn't just shoot his idea down, this is a real good fit for out program...
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

porkrindjimmy

I am going to repeat this one more time. Les Miles is a scumbag. He sat and giggled on the sidelines while his QB pretended to rip open a chest and pull a heart out. Days after we lost a player to a heart ailment. That was when Bobby dropped the MF bombs on him. He deserved every one of them.

He called us Ar-Kansas...

And he is overrated as a coach. Would be just like we have right now.

No way, No how.

PRJ

WOOPIGMAN

Pork Rind or whoever doesn't' matter, he's the typical Arkansas fan that gives us a bad rep. Anything is better than what we have now. Miles is a definite improvement especially in recruiting, which is our weakness. Just have to make sure solid coordinators are hired.

Way to be optimistic, anyone who starts a thread with I'm going to say this one more time, needs to chill.

greenEGnHAWGS

I don't think our grass tastes good enough for him...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 29, 2017, 09:43:22 am
Even though everyone here on Hogville just acts ignorant to his past success at LSU and wants to bash him by saying he's senile, foolish, and doesn't know a thing about football, Les Miles is the coach this program really needs.

Miles ran an amazing program at LSU, a program that was successful and competeing for the SEC West title every year, even in those last two down years. Miles has a proven record, and Miles program has produced more NFL talent than any other college football program at this current point in time. Miles is a proven winner, and he could at least get the Hogs back to winning 9 games a year instead of the pathetic 6 or 7 we might win with Bert at the reigns. The longer Bielema is here, the harder it will be to rebuild....

Supposedly that's what he's been doing the last five, and all we've seen is disaster after disaster with this football program.....Miles, though it would probably take a couple of years to get the pieces in place, by year three could have us turned back into a winning program. If you're a real Hog fan, you shouldn't just shoot his idea down, this is a real good fit for out program...
Actually LSU is an amazing program no matter who the coach is. The recruits produced by south Louisiana allows them to field a team that can go head to head against anyone in the country. Due to this, hey will almost always be a contender in the west (at least preseason) no matter who is at the helm. Even with all that talent Les Miles only won 1 national championship, and that was with Saban coached players lol. If Miles couldn't get it done in such a fertile recruiting area why would anyone expect him to do it here where he'll have considerably less?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 29, 2017, 09:48:26 am
I am going to repeat this one more time. Les Miles is a scumbag. He sat and giggled on the sidelines while his QB pretended to rip open a chest and pull a heart out. Days after we lost a player to a heart ailment. That was when Bobby dropped the MF bombs on him. He deserved every one of them.

No way, No how.

PRJ

This is just the same go-to everyone uses.....Let's not use this moral argument B.S, even though we all know things get crazy on the field. I mean, Bielema had a player get caught last season at the end for shop-lifing while we were supposed to be bowling, and then had another player (Drew Morgan) spit in the face of an opponent. So apparently Bielema is just as big of a scumbag because these kids pick their behaviors and attitudes from thier coach who apparently isn't wonderful with discipline. I mean, his players broke out into a fight the week of the A&M game. Everyone was worried Whaley might miss the game due to a fighting injury, I mean, no one sees a problem with that??????

Most likely, Miles didn't even realize what was going on because all he was focused on was winning and getting his Tigers to another national championship. It was a major game they were playing, and people do stupid crap. I really don't think Miles planned that. This is just resentment towards a formal rivals program.

Secondly, you guys keep saying he's overrated, but where are your stats to prove that......either put up or shut up....I've laid out plenty of evidence......where's yours......

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WOOPIGMAN on September 29, 2017, 09:50:58 am
Pork Rind or whoever doesn't' matter, he's the typical Arkansas fan that gives us a bad rep. Anything is better than what we have now. Miles is a definite improvement especially in recruiting, which is our weakness. Just have to make sure solid coordinators are hired.

Way to be optimistic, anyone who starts a thread with I'm going to say this one more time, needs to chill.

And anybody who starts a thread with Bill Walsh or Tom Tice needs to quit the internet.

PRJ

WOOPIGMAN

You're all troll's cause you're smarter than they are

Tusks

You don't want Les Miles after his run at LSU, you want the NEXT Les Miles and have him make HIS big run at AR.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

lstewart

Miles could actually get some consideration if our position opens up. That said, I think he basically would be a very close replacement for what we have. All the recruiting credit may very well be because he was recruiting at LSU, who has a huge recruiting advantage over us. I question if it was him being a great recruiter, but more that he was recruiting to LSU. Otherewise he seems pretty similar to BB. Decent coach who runs a somewhat old school smash mouth type offense, has a little bit of a quirky personality that comes across good in sound bites, and who maybe has a tendency to lose a couple of games per year that could have been won.

hobhog

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 29, 2017, 09:56:44 am
This is just the same go-to everyone uses.....Let's not use this moral argument B.S, even though we all know things get crazy on the field. I mean, Bielema had a player get caught last season at the end for shop-lifing while we were supposed to be bowling, and then had another player (Drew Morgan) spit in the face of an opponent. So apparently Bielema is just as big of a scumbag because these kids pick their behaviors and attitudes from thier coach who apparently isn't wonderful with discipline. I mean, his players broke out into a fight the week of the A&M game. Everyone was worried Whaley might miss the game due to a fighting injury, I mean, no one sees a problem with that??????

Most likely, Miles didn't even realize what was going on because all he was focused on was winning and getting his Tigers to another national championship. It was a major game they were playing, and people do stupid crap. I really don't think Miles planned that. This is just resentment towards a formal rivals program.

Secondly, you guys keep saying he's overrated, but where are your stats to prove that......either put up or shut up....I've laid out plenty of evidence......where's yours......

He has said he wants to coach again but no one is calling.......

Don't care- would not be a good hire that would unite fanbase.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 29, 2017, 09:54:22 am
Actually LSU is an amazing program no matter who the coach is. The recruits produced by south Louisiana allows them to field a team that can go head to head against anyone in the country. Due to this, hey will almost always be a contender in the west (at least preseason) no matter who is at the helm. Even with all that talent Les Miles only won 1 national championship, and that was with Saban coached players lol. If Miles couldn't get it done in such a fertile recruiting area why would anyone expect him to do it here where he'll have considerably less?

Miles won a national championship......he coached them, he led them, he got them there.......Saban may have had some of them 1-3 years, but Miles was the coach, and then a few years later got them BACK TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Where they lost to Saban, and everyone excuses a loss to Saban anymore because why, Well it's Nick Saban.....

Miles is a proven coach, in his 11 season, 9 finished in the top 20.....The SEC West is one of the toughest divisions to coach in....you don't just get luck.....it takes talent and good coaching......Miles provided the coaching and he recruited the best talent, but not all of them came from South Louisianna, this is just a BS excuse everyone keeps using......A win is a win right, well he was the winningest coach in LSU history.....that's not luck, that's talent.....

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 29, 2017, 09:56:44 am

I need stats to show you how he underachieved? Let me give you a stat. He was fired. Tell me how many wins he averaged at Okie Lite?

And Bielema wasn't laughing when dude got caught shoplifting. Les stood right there as the QB did it and laughed. And if Les laughed and didn't know what was going on? That clueless moment cements the exact reason he shouldn't coach again.

His clock management is on par with what we got now. His clock management was worse than Houston's.

Les Miles...at Arkansas? LMAO.

PRJ

hogfan14

Miles lost to Bielema by 17 his last two years... ::)

Do you guys also want to hire Spurrier?

WOOPIGMAN

The most important thing we need in a coach, is a coach that can make his players preform their assignments on the field. They have to have fire

NielsBoar

I do not get the Les Miles love. He could not consistently beat Nutt, Petrino, or Bielema, even though he consistently had teams with much higher talent levels. There are no indications he would be successful here, and plenty of evidence that he would not.

Would it be a splash hire? Sure, but nothing would improve.

Roaringboar

Quote from: lstewart on September 29, 2017, 09:59:34 am
Miles could actually get some consideration if our position opens up. That said, I think he basically would be a very close replacement for what we have. All the recruiting credit may very well be because he was recruiting at LSU, who has a huge recruiting advantage over us. I question if it was him being a great recruiter, but more that he was recruiting to LSU. Otherewise he seems pretty similar to BB. Decent coach who runs a somewhat old school smash mouth type offense, has a little bit of a quirky personality that comes across good in sound bites, and who maybe has a tendency to lose a couple of games per year that could have been won.

Look, Miles had players from all across the country just like Saban did, and LSU became what it is today more because of what Miles has done with it than Saban....That program owes alot to Miles......He could recruit here just as well because he is a proven coach who can talent to the NFL, and kids want to play at that level, that would bring them to Fayettville......

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: NielsBoar on September 29, 2017, 10:03:12 am
I do not get the Les Miles love. He could not consistently beat Nutt, Petrino, or Bielema, even though he consistently had teams with much higher talent levels. There are no indications he would be successful here, and plenty of evidence that he would not.

That ain't gonna change this cats mind. Les is his dude.

Dude is livestock. He eats grass.

PRJ

WOOPIGMAN

You would have to have great coordinators though, which I think Miles could attract better than Bielema

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WOOPIGMAN on September 29, 2017, 10:05:56 am
You would have to have great coordinators though, which I think Miles could attract better than Bielema

Where is Biggus?

PRJ

cal34

We have Coach B and he's not going anywhere.

Roaringboar

No indications......How many times to I have to say it??????? Out of the 11 teams he fielded, 9/11 of his teams finished in the top 20.....if you count that last team, the one he got fired for after four games, which was essentially his team since he got fired just before the middle of the season.......he fielded 10/12 top 20 teams.....this argument "Oh there's no evidence"

You guys say that because you don't know your facts......

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im not sure if the OP is trolling or being the serious, but if serious bag up whatever youre smoking and you could make millions
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

lstewart

The whole question about Miles is if his teams played up to their potential year in and year out over his LSU career. He did have ranked teams, did win a national championship, did have some big wins, etc. But he also lost some games to weaker teams, had a poor record against the Hogs, and LSU felt he under achieved when they fired him. I would be shocked if he could recruit to UA much better than what we've been seeing recently. I think he is a pretty good coach, and he could end up getting hired here if things went that direction. On the surface it might seem like a safe hire, since he has a name, and has had success. But he would also be very similar to the last hire, and was fired for what was viewed as under achieving. So it would be a risky hire if he did not do well, and the fans turned on him quickly.

je100

The Miles at LSU is not the same as the Miles at Okie State - which is a better comp for the Hogs talentwise.

He broke even in the Big 12 with State, and had a grand total of 3 victories over top 25 teams in 4 years.  He's no upgrade.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: je100 on September 29, 2017, 10:15:53 am
The Miles at LSU is not the same as the Miles at Okie State - which is a better comp for the Hogs talentwise.

He broke even in the Big 12 with State, and had a grand total of 3 victories over top 25 teams in 4 years.  He's no upgrade.

Bingo....but this cat is all in.

PRJ

KlubhouseKonnected

Shut up
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Roaringboar

Quote from: lstewart on September 29, 2017, 10:14:31 am
The whole question about Miles is if his teams played up to their potential year in and year out over his LSU career. He did have ranked teams, did win a national championship, did have some big wins, etc. But he also lost some games to weaker teams, had a poor record against the Hogs, and LSU felt he under achieved when they fired him. I would be shocked if he could recruit to UA much better than what we've been seeing recently. I think he is a pretty good coach, and he could end up getting hired here if things went that direction. On the surface it might seem like a safe hire, since he has a name, and has had success. But he would also be very similar to the last hire, and was fired for what was viewed as under achieving. So it would be a risky hire if he did not do well, and the fans turned on him quickly.

That's the problem though here, everyone keeps saying it would be risky and "He was a poor coach because his teams didn't finish every year in the top ten." That doesn't realisiticly happen. Yeah LSU wanted that, and I think that's why LSU struggled those last two seasons, but look at how they fired him last year middle of the season then they finished 12 in the country.....He had a lot to do with that. It was still his plan, his coordinators, his coaches, and his players. And if Orgeron has a good season this year, it'll still be with Miles players. The thing about college football is that not every team can be Alabama or Ohio State. Even Ohio State is struggling a bit this year after that loss to Oklahoma. Florida State is doing awful right now, which everyone knows part of that is because of how the hurricane botched things up, but they still are just doing terrible right now. You don't always win a national championship. I would be happy if the hogs were winning 8-9 game a year regularly because that means we are constantly knocking on the door to stepping it up a bit. Bielema though can't get us to that level, Miles could. Miles could recruit based on his NFL-talent producing capabilities alone. Kids out of high school want to go on to the NFL and make Millions. The big coaches they went to to do that were Saban, Meyer, and Miles....they were the big names in producing NFL talent, and that is exactly what we need right now.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 29, 2017, 09:54:22 am

Actually LSU was terrible before Saban with all the same advantages you named in place then too.

jmb1973

Wrong. Incorrect. False. ju jeni gabim, je hebt het fout, hai torto, vy ne pravy, 'ant mukhti, jy is verkeerd, Erras

PorkRinds

No way, No how.

PRJ

This and more.

Roaringboar

Quote from: je100 on September 29, 2017, 10:15:53 am

Everyone keeps bringing up Ok State, but he won a Coach of the Year Award there for turning that program around, and now with his own players. Everyone overlooks that, and he was playing in a talented Big 12 back when you still had Texas competing for a national title year after year. His record at Ok State looks a heck of alot better than what Bielema's is here at Arkansas. Miles was recognized for what he did at OK State, and that last year he struggled and I think it's because he was planning on leaving for a bigger job after that season. He was an AP Coach of the year at that school, more than Bielema ever has or will do here.

Roaringboar

je100

Quote from: jmb1973 on September 29, 2017, 10:23:27 am
Wrong. Incorrect. False. ju jeni gabim, je hebt het fout, hai torto, vy ne pravy, 'ant mukhti, jy is verkeerd, Erras

I agree with most of this.  But, jy is verkeerd?  I think you're reaching a little.

WOOPIGMAN

Everyone keeps bringing up Ok State, but he won a Coach of the Year Award there for turning that program around, and now with his own players. Everyone overlooks that, and he was playing in a talented Big 12 back when you still had Texas competing for a national title year after year. His record at Ok State looks a heck of alot better than what Bielema's is here at Arkansas. Miles was recognized for what he did at OK State, and that last year he struggled and I think it's because he was planning on leaving for a bigger job after that season. He was an AP Coach of the year at that school, more than Bielema ever has or will do here.

They're the true troll's

WOOPIGMAN

They're the true troll's, they just hate on anyone who doesn't enjoy being mediocre or miserable. To a fellow winner, cheers!

NielsBoar

There are no indications he would be successful HERE. Those Louisiana 5-stars aren't walking through the door just because we name Miles as coach. The talent level is not going to change much with Miles as our coach, and you're still going to have to deal with the weaknesses that got him fired from LSU.

Miles is a shiny object. Anyone who pays any attention to CFB knows that he had success at LSU, but I and others in this thread are trying to look past that and see how it translates at Arkansas.

What Gundy has done at Oklahoma State is much more impressive to me than what Miles did at LSU.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 29, 2017, 10:25:28 am
Oh shove off....

YOU ARE WASTING THE INTERNET!!! There could be cat memes, pictures of hot girls or videos of fat people falling down but no, you have wasted this bit of internet with the above tripe.

Shame on you.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

WOOPIGMAN

THATS WHY WE'VE SAID A MILLION TIMES HE HAS TO HAVE GOOD COORDINATORS, HE RECRUITS WELL WHEREVER HE GOES YOU IDIOTS! Gundy, would be a great hire, but it wont happen, Long won't offer him and I don't know why. Maybe Pickens pays us money IDK

Roaringboar

Quote from: NielsBoar on September 29, 2017, 10:27:44 am
There are no indications he would be successful HERE. Those Louisiana 5-stars aren't walking through the door just because we name Miles as coach. The talent level is not going to change much with Miles as our coach, and you're still going to have to deal with the weaknesses that got him fired from LSU.

Miles is a shiny object. Anyone who pays any attention to CFB knows that he had success at LSU, but I and others in this thread are trying to look past that and see how it translates at Arkansas.

What Gundy has done at Oklahoma State is much more impressive to me than what Miles did at LSU.

Again, you guys keep using the same excuses. If it came down to instate talent meaning everything, Texas, TCU, Baylor, and Texas A&M would be competing for national championships every year because almost all of their talent is instate, and Texas and Florida are the top two recruiting grounds in the country. Coaching is more than just recruiting, it's about player development. Just because you get five star recruits doesn't mean they'll be worth crap if they don't get developed correctly. Look at Sosa, that kid is a beast for us, but he's not as good as he could be because he's not getting the development he needs from the coaching staff. This is what Miles did great at Ok State (Where he set things up for Gundy) and this is what he did at LSU (where he's set things up for Oregeron)

Roaringboar

Quote from: WOOPIGMAN on September 29, 2017, 10:30:07 am
THATS WHY WE'VE SAID A MILLION TIMES HE HAS TO HAVE GOOD COORDINATORS, HE RECRUITS WELL WHEREVER HE GOES YOU IDIOTS! Gundy, would be a great hire, but it wont happen, Long won't offer him and I don't know why. Maybe Pickens pays us money IDK

One, dude, you need to chill. I don't mind debating with them, but the name calling is pathetic and weak.

Two, Gundy was set up at OK State by Miles, Miles laid the groundwork. He was building that program into something when Gundy took over.......

WOOPIGMAN

Polecat

I'll always remember this as well. Sorta like when Sutton said he'd crawl to Kentucky
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ballz2thewall

what's he done in his last several years?

forget the stats, i've watched them play week in and week out.

lsu was an underachieving team with top of the timber talent.

CBB and rob smith out-coached les miles.

how bout that?
The rest of the frog.

Razorbackers

NielsBoar

I just disagree, roaringboar. If my only choices are Bielema or Miles, I'll just stick with Bielema. I don't see much difference.

With respect to Gundy... all I was hearing in the 24 hours leading up to the announcement of Bielema as our coach was that Gundy was a done deal. I would love to know the truth around that. Were we in serious talks with Gundy? Was it just a smoke screen?

jcbville

Where is this Les love coming from? He was fired for a reason. And he should have been fired much sooner like after the year of the NC game vs Bama.

LRrazorback

This good grief the last guy we need is les miles.

Inhogswetrust

Hell no. He doesn't even know how to pronounce the name of the state!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogHomer