Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you want to lead Arkansas football next season?(A Real Poll)

Started by Cale, November 28, 2017, 04:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to lead the football team next year?

Gus Malzhan
74 (33.5%)
Brent Venables
30 (13.6%)
Mike Norvell
61 (27.6%)
Lane Kiffin
53 (24%)
Other(specify)
3 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 218

Voting closed: August 23, 2020, 05:46:33 pm

Cale

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

davril98

I went Kiffin.  High ceiling. If he can recruit like they say he can and win quickly then even if he leaves in a few years it'll be a very attractive job for some other big name coach.

Cale

Quote from: davril98 on November 28, 2017, 04:48:42 pm
I went Kiffin.  High ceiling. If he can recruit like they say he can and win quickly then even if he leaves in a few years it'll be a very attractive job for some other big name coach.
yeah with Kiffin I could see all of this
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

TX HOG

Cale

Bubba's Bruisers

I might as well put these names in a hat and pick.  No clue which I'd want most, but I guess it would probably come down to Gus or Kiffin.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Deep Shoat

Y'all do realize Gus is over, right?  Pretty sure even certain NWA bigwigs have finally gotten the message...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Cale

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2017, 04:50:47 pm
I might as well put these names in a hat and pick.  No clue which I'd want most, but I guess it would probably come down to Gus or Kiffin.
I feel like these are our 4 real candidates. This is a solid list

Cale

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 28, 2017, 04:51:24 pm
Y'all do realize Gus is over, right?  Pretty sure even certain NWA bigwigs have finally gotten the message...
nill point with a hypothetical poll.youre welcome to vote anyone else

TX HOG

jrulz83

Never thought I'd say this 5 years ago, but I'm on the Lane Train.

Never, ever say never.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

TX HOG

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 28, 2017, 04:54:57 pm

Never, ever say never.

Big risk big reward. Think I'm almost at that point too

Cale

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 28, 2017, 04:54:57 pm

Never, ever say never.
honestly, I'd be okay with Kiffin. I'm thinking he did some growing up under Saban.

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogfansince79 on November 28, 2017, 04:58:08 pm
Norvell
I would have never guessed. 

For the record, are you his pool boy?  College Roommate from UCA? 
All Gas, No Brakes!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 28, 2017, 04:51:24 pm

No, Gus is in play...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 28, 2017, 05:01:15 pm
No, Gus is in play...
No, a bunch of people who don't understand reality THINK Gus is in play.  He stopped being in play as the clock ticked down to "0:00" in the Iron Bowl.  His new, $7 Million + extension will be ready by Thursday and he will happily return, with security, to the place he has a legit NC contender next season.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Cale on November 28, 2017, 04:46:33 pm
Reasons why accepted but not required.

Gus would be acceptable but I suspect he will fail at Arkansas more than he succeeds because he will not find the QBs essential to his offense and he will have far more difficulty recruiting defense putting to much pressure on his offense.  Auburns ready to run him off half the time.  The same will be true at Arkansas but he will be harder to run off than Nutt was a decade ago.

Nutt's failures were mostly a result of his immaturity.  Kiffin while technically superior would be even less mature.

Venables is just an unknown on offense and Arkansas must have an offense minded coach or forever see the sort of performance Ford and Bielema delivered.

So among your choices I default to Norvell who probably does understand the strengths and weaknesses of Arkansas in the SEC.  He might fail spectacularly but whatever happens with him should be interesting.

Calling All Hogs

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

#1 STUNNA

jrulz83

If not the Lane Train then I'm on the anybody but Gus Bus.

And I'm leaning towards hopping on the I Don't Like Mike Bike.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Cale

I think it's interesting that Venables hasn't seen much love. Is it strictly based off the fact that he's never been a HC? His pedigree is impressive and so are his defenses.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Cale on November 28, 2017, 05:45:11 pm
I think it's interesting that Venables hasn't seen much love. Is it strictly based off the fact that he's never been a HC? His pedigree is impressive and so are his defenses.
It's the fact that he isn't an Offensive coach.

Arkansas fans love O.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Cale

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 28, 2017, 05:49:19 pm
It's the fact that he isn't an Offensive coach.

Arkansas fans love O.
man, as told by your poll of people willing to lose for a high scoring affair you may be right, unfortunately

TX HOG

ChicoHog

Quote from: Cale on November 28, 2017, 05:45:11 pm
That's who I picked because I think he is the best recruiter but I'm fine with any of them.  If I had to rank them I would go Venables, Kiffin, Norvell, Malzahn. 

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Ironhawg

I went Venables.  He has been a coordinator a long time.  He has likely built lots of relationships with other coaches that would enable him to build a top notch staff.  He learned from some of the best in the business. 

Jadestem

Venables. Recruiting and defense. Add a good OC and we're set.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang