Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KIRBY HOCUTT

Started by LOU H, November 28, 2017, 04:58:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Perkis

Some caller mentioned him the day Long got fired and Bo laughed him off his show.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 28, 2017, 05:58:20 pm
Some caller mentioned him the day Long got fired and Bo laughed him off his show.

Well that seals it then.

stronguard

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2017, 05:30:07 pm
Good grief, I guy can't even slam on a sharthole of a town here anymore without people getting all pissy.  What's next, people singing the virtues of Starkville or College Station?!?!

I even used a smiley face...thought it was clear that it was a joke.

I didnt even see your post.  Lubbock is ...well.....Lubbock.  Hell on Earth, or any other planet. Nothing in Arkansas quite as lonely or desolate, unless you count Rick Schaeffer.  First time Ive ever been called a snowflake, Im more like a hailstone.  Peace
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 28, 2017, 06:02:29 pm
Well that seals it then.
Bo won't be happy with anyone other than Long, though.

rljjr

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2017, 05:22:59 pm
Maybe not...you ever been to Lubbock?  :)

You can see Charlie Manson's house from there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 28, 2017, 05:58:05 pm
Are people really so sensitive about Norvell that they don't understand what the guy is trying to say?

The previous poster said Kingsbury was a crap hire.  rubi simply said, "No, he was an equivalent hire to Norvell", which is demonstrably true in many ways.  Young, hungry, hot coaches who were hired based almost entirely on connections and upside.

Dang people, stop being dillweeds.

Thank you!

hawgon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 28, 2017, 05:58:05 pm
Are people really so sensitive about Norvell that they don't understand what the guy is trying to say?

The previous poster said Kingsbury was a crap hire.  rubi simply said, "No, he was an equivalent hire to Norvell", which is demonstrably true in many ways.  Young, hungry, hot coaches who were hired based almost entirely on connections and upside.

Dang people, stop being dillweeds.

Kingsbury was an OC and had never been a head coach.  Thus, it is demonstrably true, as you say, that the hire of coordinator never having been head coach Venables is more analogous to the Kingsbury hire. 

Darren DeLoach

Venables with the fired Kliff taking the OC job. Lol.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The Boar War

Anyone else nervous about hiring an AD and first time head coach who were college roommates?

checkraiser88

Trey Biddy started this rumor saying him and Venables would be a package deal because they were roommates in college

NotSoFastMyFriend

Except that he hasn't been hired. I love when people take speculation as gospel when it's erroneously stated as fact.

hog_fan

If it's Brent V, Missouri OC would be my pick.

redeye

Quote from: The Boar War on November 28, 2017, 06:52:05 pm
Anyone else nervous about hiring an AD and first time head coach who were college roommates?

I actually like the idea.  Hocutt seems good and he'd still be responsible for the hire, even if it's his college roommate.

I'd love to hear what Mike Irwin thinks, since he's from Lubbock and seems to have some strong feelings about the place.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on November 28, 2017, 06:43:17 pm
Venables with the fired Kliff taking the OC job. Lol.

Ooh. That wouldn't be fair.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2017, 06:54:03 pm

Yep. I can live with Heupel. He was good at OU with the exception of his last year or so and I've been impressed with him Mizz

Brent would keep Michael Smith as well.

rtr

My thought exactly, Josh Heupel.  What happened to Mizzou OC from a few years ago with the long blonde hair, he had some good offenses.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rtr on November 28, 2017, 09:47:21 pm
My thought exactly, Josh Heupel.  What happened to Mizzou OC from a few years ago with the long blonde hair, he had some good offenses.

He was at OK State at one point

rtr

I don't think it is Hocutt, I think Julie may be about ready to have the interim removed from her title according to MMQB.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Dwight_K_Shrute

November 28, 2017, 09:52:42 pm #68 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:06:13 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute

That would be a HR combination.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin