Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP Bielema

Started by Rzback, November 18, 2017, 10:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

November 18, 2017, 10:05:48 pm Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:23:52 pm by Rzback
Just read on Hit That Line that Nebraska and Illinois are showing interest in CBB. That should save a few million.  http://hitthatline.com/could-huskers-illini-bail-out-hogs-on-bielema-buyout/
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Rzback on November 18, 2017, 10:05:48 pm
Just read on Hit That Line that Nebraska and Illinois are showing interest in CBB. That should save a few million.

he is a big 10 guy and those schools tend to hire a certain kind of coach. I can't believe he would be the top choice of Neb though. I've watched Illinois twice this year and this Hog team would beat them ( and no I am not high or drunk ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Arkansas Fan

Illinois should take him.

hog.goblin

Nebraska isn't taking a coach fired from Arkansas after 5 years of failure.  I'm not sure any Power 5 school will right away.

1highhog

What are those people smoking up there?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

SmokinHog

thebignasty

someone let Nebraska know Bert is 'close' here

NuttinItUp

Nebraska is going after Scott Frost. (former player, former GA coach for Nebraska)

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Blumpkin on November 18, 2017, 10:11:27 pm
I'm feeling Minnesota

They already have a new coach, PJ Fleck, in his first year.

Wildhog

If Nebraska hires Bielema and we don't hire Scott Frost I'm burning couches.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

thebignasty

Illinois makes more sense

thebignasty

let's coach swap Iowa State

Wildhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:13:16 pm
Nebraska is going after Scott Frost. (former player, former GA coach for Nebraska)

Would make perfect sense, but we don’t know that.  Also don’t know that he’d accept.  They’d also have to pay him dramatically more than Riley.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansas Fan

He could make Illinois a decent four win team in the BIG.

Torqued pork

Nebraska sent a plane to relieve us of HDN once. Nebraska is good people.

East Clintwood

Quote from: 1highhog on November 18, 2017, 10:09:29 pm
What are those people smoking up there?

Corn or wheat.  Good stuff.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:13:41 pm
If Nebraska hires Bielema and we don't hire Scott Frost I'm burning couches.

I'll burn YOUR couch.
Go away, batin'

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:16:26 pm
Would make perfect sense, but we don't know that.  Also don't know that he'd accept.  They'd also have to pay him dramatically more than Riley.

Well, Frost denies it (as any coach would before season was done), but there are tons of reports out there about it.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/nebraska-ucf-head-coach-scott-frost-reportedly-close-deal

If I was Frost, I would hold out for a better job, but he may just want to coach there since he played for them.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:13:16 pm

There is no way they want Bielema.  Fans will just go ahead and hang themselves if they follow up the years of poor football they have endured with hiring a coach who is 11-28 in conference games over five years.

AnthroHog

Lovie Smith has only been at Illinois for a couple of seasons but they've lost 9 straight and haven't won a conference game.  Maybe Bielema or his agent could convince Illinois' fanbase that he's a great Big Ten coach?

davglo35

Nebraska had a pipeline into florida while in the Big 8. Once everyone started playing on tv thise boys stay home. UCF, USF and so forth. Nebraska wont turn it around anytime soon. Bielema couldn't do it for sure.

From Tusk Till Dawn

I dont remember who it was but on the radio the other day one of the guys they had on was saying there were several schools that had an interest.

Wildhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:19:05 pm
Well, Frost denies it (as any coach would before season was done), but there are tons of reports out there about it.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/nebraska-ucf-head-coach-scott-frost-reportedly-close-deal

If I was Frost, I would hold out for a better job, but he may just want to coach there since he played for them.

Frost may very well be the guy.  However, we don't even have a handle on our own coaching search, much less Nebraska's.
1909/1964/1965/1977

emdavenp

Isn't Frost the favorite for Nebraska?

Wildhog

Quote from: emdavenp on November 18, 2017, 10:21:06 pm
Isn't Frost the favorite for Nebraska?

Most people seem to think so.  He certainly should be.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MissippHog

Please please please take him.

Rzback

Hearing Frost to FL or TN

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:20:34 pm
Frost may very well be the guy.  However, we don't even have a handle on our own coaching search, much less Nebraska's.
True, true. I just know who they want, not necessarily who they will get. You are right that the musical chairs have really yet to begin yet.

Some Nebraska fans have even taken to going to UCF games with signs and stuff, haha.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/look-nebraska-fans-have-message-scott-frost-ucf-temple-game

DeltaBoy

Just fire him now!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:08:47 pm
Illinois should take him.

my son played his high school ball in illinois we had 150 kids out for just freshman ball. i was truly amazed at the quality of illinois high school football.

the problem is everybody poaches illinois high school football.

Wildhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:23:01 pm
True, true. I just know who they want, not necessarily who they will get. You are right that the musical chairs have really yet to begin yet.

Some Nebraska fans have even taken to going to UCF games with signs and stuff, haha.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/look-nebraska-fans-have-message-scott-frost-ucf-temple-game

Like I said, it makes all the sense in the world.  But we both know that these things often don't make all the sense in the world.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rzback on November 18, 2017, 10:05:48 pm
Just read on Hit That Line that Nebraska and Illinois are showing interest in CBB. That should save a few million.  http://hitthatline.com/could-huskers-illini-bail-out-hogs-on-bielema-buyout/

Hit that line has been the king of throwing crap at a wall for clicks to see if anything sticks. 

imtad16

Arkansas Fan

Anyone know the phone number of the Illini AD? If so, call him and tell him Bielema would love to come up there, coach a bit, and take an OL coach up with him that also fits right in.

Sivad

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 18, 2017, 10:17:33 pm
Fab.

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:28:50 pm
Anyone know the phone number of the Illini AD? If so, call him and tell him Bielema would love to come up there, coach a bit, and take an OL coach up with him that also fits right in.

Nebraska...

...Nebraska.
1909/1964/1965/1977

thebignasty

this is a quality post

hogsanity

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 18, 2017, 10:20:12 pm
I dont remember who it was but on the radio the other day one of the guys they had on was saying there were several schools that had an interest.

Here is what other schools think about BB. " he won three big10 titles. Not surprised he could not win at Ar because NO ONE is going to win at AR."
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:30:43 pm
Nebraska...

...Nebraska.

Anywhere but here...

...Anywhere but here.

thebignasty

Quote from: AnthroHog on November 18, 2017, 10:19:44 pm
Lovie Smith has only been at Illinois for a couple of seasons but they've lost 9 straight and haven't won a conference game.  Maybe Bielema or his agent could convince Illinois' fanbase that he's a great Big Ten coach?

Illinois is the kind of school that thought Lovie Smith might work out in the big 10.  They definitely can figure out a way to rationalize Bielema.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 18, 2017, 10:24:13 pm
Just fire him now!

Save money if someone else takes him first.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:34:01 pm
Anywhere but here...

...Anywhere but here.

Well he's not gonna be here, regardless, so I want him to go somewhere that could potentially help us.
1909/1964/1965/1977

East Clintwood

They may be "good people" but they suck with their follow through.

They had the Hootie there with the plane but they failed to hogtie him and throw him on-board before the plane took off.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:38:56 pm
Well he's not gonna be here, regardless, so I want him to go somewhere that could potentially help us.

How does him going to Nebraska potentially help us?