Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Presser

Started by TebowHater, September 23, 2017, 03:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, BLAH-BLAH, BLAH!

TebowHater

"Lot of positives. Gonna make corrections...grow and move forward...found a couple guys who made plays..."

eye roll

Iwastherein1969

A win over Aggy would be a first since A&M has joined the SEC....maybe that's what Bert meant when he promised to give us (Razorback Nation) something we've never had before. Maybe next year he'll give us a win over A&M. Boy won't that be fun.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

East Clintwood

Did he tell us they're still hungry?

Hungry for good coaching is more like it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PorkRinds

Did he actually cry? Someone said he was crying.

East Clintwood

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:20:50 pm
Did he actually cry? Someone said he was crying.

Maybe he was crying for the death of his career.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rhames

I feel for him a bit. The wrath is about to be unreal
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 23, 2017, 04:18:38 pm

Sonic Drive-in post game show.  Bret wants some Sonic.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HamSammich

Just wait till New Mexico State gives us a run.

hoghearted

Quote from: rhames on September 23, 2017, 04:24:36 pm
I feel for him a bit. The wrath is about to be unreal

I don't think he's ever faced anything like what he's about to.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

RyeHogFan

I think instead of watching that garbage, I'm just gonna keep watching Purdue and hoping we get their coach before someone else does.

johnny cash

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 23, 2017, 04:18:38 pm

im sure he may be hungry.

Hawgphish

Coach B is a nice guy but I am tired of him using the players nicknames like J-red etc.  I guess if he was winning.....

jst01

He's lost. He knows it's almost over

harrisburghog

Is BB about to get Hootied?

Lets see.  A&M was down to their 3rd QB, a freshman who along with 9 other freshmen and 1 upperclassman put 43 point on us in regulation.  Just don't see them ever getting bad enough to lose to us.

welchog

rhames

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 04:26:36 pm

Nope. Hope we don't do anything stupid to cause a good coach to not want to come here
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogcard1964

Ironhawg

He got a little chippy after TCU.  He hasn't seen anything yet.  I know some won't, but I wish we could just keep it classy.  It's not working out.  Just leave it at that.

johnny cash

Hawgphish

he is crying in the presser again.  The dude is not fit to do this job.  It is just not going to happen for him here. 

hoghearted

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 23, 2017, 04:34:30 pm
he is crying in the presser again.  The dude is not fit to do this job.  It is just not going to happen for him here. 

Ugh. That's just not a good look.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: rhames on September 23, 2017, 04:31:01 pm

Nope. Hope we don't do anything stupid to cause a good coach to not want to come here

Hoping ain't gonna stop it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Hawgphish

he said we are a hodge podge unit on the o line?  Why is that? 

alohawg

Even a blind hog beats an aggie once in a while......you'd think.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jethro

Quote from: rhames on September 23, 2017, 04:31:01 pm

I doubt that the vocal fanbase that want to hear their own voices will do it, but the best thing to do if you are done...is be done.  Just don't go to games, don't buy merchandise, don't contribute whatever you contribute. 

Stupid, grandstanding displays just will show realistic candidates that this is not a place with reasonable fans.  I said years ago that one of the worst things that ever happened was when some fans thought that the banners and FOI request etc. had squat to do with getting a coach let go.  Now, they think that being negative and seeing if they can yell the loudest will get them whatever their hearts desire.

Piling on a situation won;t hurry it along.  The decisions that need to be made will be made.  Ordinary fans will not change the timetable.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

budcampbellfan

He was crying and hungry.  He is the same guy walking the end zone side alone during the VT bowl game, having no idea what to do and weighing in at near 500.  We have a discipline problem.

Another wasted season before we can find the right fit.  Not talking about pants and shirts.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

farmhawg

He has earned it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteI know some won't, but I wish we could just keep it classy.  It's not working out.  Just leave it at that.

Exactly.

There's enough performance based criticism to fire two head coaches.

No need to get personal with it.  He doesn't deserve that anyway as his off the field performance has been solid as far as I know.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

hawgon

He just needs to stop crying.

alohawg

Quote from: hawgon on September 23, 2017, 04:42:24 pm
He just needs to stop crying.

Put on his really big boy pants and plan his next career move, hopefully.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hawgphish

carolinahogger

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 23, 2017, 04:36:55 pm
he said we are a hodge podge unit on the o line?  Why is that?

^This.  We need to find out who is responsible for recruiting players and hiring OL coaches.

Ironhawg

"Nothing out there that's not correctable." 

davehog

jst01

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 04:46:54 pm

including the coach..

hawgdavis

He looks exhausted and defeated. That's a look of someone who knows it's over and wants out. I think if a decent offer was made on the buyout he would jump on it and take a couple years off from coaching.

hoghearted

Then why the tears?

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawgdavis

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 04:49:15 pm
Then why the tears?

He's spent mentally and has no answers, probably hates the thought of going back to work tomorrow or Monday. He needs to step away for his sake and the teams sake, let someone finish out this season for him that will have no pressure on them ,then we all can move on from this.

Tusks

Bret, stop saying 'obviously' obviously.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgdavis

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 23, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
He's spent mentally and has no answers, probably hates the thought of going back to work tomorrow or Monday. He needs to step away for his sake and the teams sake, let someone finish out this season for him that will have no pressure on them ,then we all can move on from this.

I know how this is from when I was a young man that got put into a situation where I was in over my head , got burned out but still tried to push ahead. I hated my job loathed the thought of getting up and going to work every day. I was relieved when my boss offered me a way out where I could save face and a decent severance package. I always respected him for that but also wondered how he put me in that position and he wasn't  as far as I know held accountable for his bad decision. Sound familiar?

jst01

Maybe someone will hand him a Snickers bar and after he takes a bite he magically turns into Bobby Petrino... then the voice over says "hunger turning you into a terrible college football coach?"

hoglady

I know coaches get emotional - but I hate to see them cry after a loss.
Keep the tears in the locker room if you've got to shed them.
He's gonna have lots of tears to shed if he's going to cry after every game we lose this year.

I would much rather see some anger after a loss.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

"Nothing out there that's not correctable deep-fry-able" 
FIFY
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

depressed_fan

that's hilarious the guy broke down in to tears.

Just wait until we hit the meat of the schedule.  ;D

johnny cash