Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Sgt Miller

Started by Ftsmithmike, December 11, 2011, 10:10:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftsmithmike

"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

cubsfan5150

Sounds like he screwed up. Too bad there isn't some war provisions for things like this.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on December 11, 2011, 10:23:24 pm
Sounds like he screwed up. Too bad there isn't some war provisions for things like this.

Sounds like Miller screwed up or the Country that put him in an unwinnable scenario?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

ADAM_713

This is a perfect example of why we cannot win wars as a country.  We won't let Soliders/Marines do their jobs.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

82abn Ard

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on December 11, 2011, 10:10:25 pm
http://derrickmiller.org/

This war was not his idea.
I'm sorry and will probably get the one week pass for this, but it is quite obvious that none of the posters have actually been in combat.  You are the ones that watch movies and think that what you see is real, I can tell you, its not.  I don't know the circumstances around what happened, but do not judge before you know the facts.

cubsfan5150

Quote from: 82abn Ard on December 12, 2011, 05:55:53 pm
I'm sorry and will probably get the one week pass for this, but it is quite obvious that none of the posters have actually been in combat.  You are the ones that watch movies and think that what you see is real, I can tell you, its not.  I don't know the circumstances around what happened, but do not judge before you know the facts.

Look bud... I'm in the military, just happened to be lucky enough to avoid the Army and joined the AF, active duty, bout to be a MSgt. 

What I read said that this guy shot an unarmed enemy in the head, basically execution style.  Did the afghan deserve it?  He probably did if everything I read was true.  Regardless, if the guy was actually on the ground, and Sgt Miller bummed someone else's gun to put a bullet in the afghans head... not much you can say about it.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on December 12, 2011, 11:12:01 pm
Look bud... I'm in the military, just happened to be lucky enough to avoid the Army and joined the AF, active duty, bout to be a MSgt. 

What I read said that this guy shot an unarmed enemy in the head, basically execution style.  Did the afghan deserve it?  He probably did if everything I read was true.  Regardless, if the guy was actually on the ground, and Sgt Miller bummed someone else's gun to put a bullet in the afghans head... not much you can say about it.

While under attack? AYSM? We sent this guy to fight and he fought and we locked him up for it. It's sickening.

hogginbama

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on December 12, 2011, 11:12:01 pm

Now why you gotta try to slam the Army just because you don't agree with the 82nd Airborne guy? Congrats on the MSG rank btw, that pay jump from E-6 to E-7 is a good one.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Old Tusk

I'm always very skeptical that a free anyone site is going to give an unbiased account. Also, he was convicted by at least three military courts. I have a hard time believing that all three would unjustly send him to prison.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

82abn Ard

cubs fan, let me thank you for your service to our country.  While there are many ways to serve, teachers, firemen, police, in my opinion, serving in the armed forces is one of the highest ways to serve.  You now understand my post when you said "what I read"  Too many only read or watch movies or TV and think that is real. its not.  Hopefully you understand that, because that is what I was trying to explain.  Again, thank you for your service and congratulations on your upcoming promotion.  Finally, since you are active duty, you should understand this, I'm not your "bud".  Please address me as Colonel,  I've earned that title.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 82abn Ard on December 13, 2011, 06:18:37 pm
Finally, since you are active duty, you should understand this, I'm not your "bud".  Please address me as Colonel,  I've earned that title.

Pompous much?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Ftsmithmike

cubs fan, let me thank you for your service to our country.  While there are many ways to serve, teachers, firemen, police, in my opinion, serving in the armed forces is one of the highest ways to serve.  You now understand my post when you said "what I read"  Too many only read or watch movies or TV and think that is real. its not.  Hopefully you understand that, because that is what I was trying to explain.  Again, thank you for your service and congratulations on your upcoming promotion.  Finally, since you are active duty, you should understand this, I'm not your "bud".  Please address me as Colonel,  I've earned that title.

Jesus I guess anyone can be a kernel in the 82nd. Thank the baby Jesus I only had a rare occasion to find myself in that hellhole. On Fort Campbell most officers have too much pride in the uniform, the Army and the division to talk down to another soldier the way you just did. This is a Fan board and you don't pull rank here. Since we don't have many people who have earned the right to pull rank on this fan board maybe you should consider not fraternizing here to prevent that sort of mix up.

BTW to 99% of this nation you only outrank an E-8 on paper.

For god sakes man he is a cubs fan don't you think he has eaten enough darn?

GolfnHog

December 15, 2011, 10:08:28 am #13 Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:10:02 am by TxRzrbak
  Finally, since you are active duty, you should understand this, I'm not your "bud".  Please address me as Colonel,  I've earned that title.

Colonel, I have the utmost respect for rank and command, yet I never spent one day in the military. That being said, have you at anytime communicated w/ cubsfan in a manner that would give him the knowledge of your rank? If not, your "request" is somewhat out of line for your "public" berating of Cubsfan.

A private PM to him would have sufficed  & your rank would have been mentioned. The means you chose to convey your rank is lacking respect for another member of the armed forces.  Best wishes & Godspeed to both of you.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Albert Einswine

The colonel has no rank on Hogville.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Old Tusk

Judging from his post, my guess is the only time he was called Colonel was when he worked at KFC.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

bellavistamike

As the son of a retired navy Seabee master chief (he served 30 years, Korea through Vietnam), I can guarantee you that most navy captains (an equal rank to a colonel) treat their senior NCOs with the respect they've earned. When the Mobile Construction Battalion commander wanted that road built through the swamps of Vietnam, he knew guys like my father would get the job done.

Some colonel demanding respect isn't probably due much.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: TxRzrbak on December 15, 2011, 10:08:28 am
Colonel, I have the utmost respect for rank and command, yet I never spent one day in the military. That being said, have you at anytime communicated w/ cubsfan in a manner that would give him the knowledge of your rank? If not, your "request" is somewhat out of line for your "public" berating of Cubsfan.

A private PM to him would have sufficed  & your rank would have been mentioned. The means you chose to convey your rank is lacking respect for another member of the armed forces.  Best wishes & Godspeed to both of you.

It's always tough to get the message through on the web without the benefit of tone and context. Some folks react to a post that they took one way and then their response is misunderstood and we all pile on. It's better to just give the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he didn't get his rank in a unit built around soldiering by being a jerk. I think he was just ribbing Cubs fan a bit and I owe him an apology as well as some others here for jumping him for making a joke.

Albert Einswine

The way he worded it was crap and I suspect he really was being condescending.  My cousin is a full bird and he would never say anything like that to an enlisted man.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 17, 2011, 08:20:25 am
The way he worded it was crap and I suspect he really was being condescending.  My cousin is a full bird and he would never say anything like that to an enlisted man.

He sent me a PM almost immediately after I responded explaining that he was just jawing back at Cubs fans "Bud" comment. I don't think he literally believed he was pulling rank via MB. I'm sure he has already apologized to Cubs fan for his teams pathetic record and for the misunderstanding. It did come off pretty bad but I just think it was a matter of lost in translation rather than the attitude the post implies.

82abn Ard

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 17, 2011, 08:20:25 am
Mr. Einswine,  you are exactly right, it was worded like crap.  If you knew me, you would agree that I am the LAST person that would pull rank.  When I went back and looked at it, I felt like the biggest Arse in the world.  I PMd Cubs fan and hope he accepts my appology.  I hope you can also..  FSMike,  I'm probably gonna need to get a loan to pay you all the beer I owe.
Ard

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 82abn Ard on December 17, 2011, 07:02:50 pm
Mr. Einswine,  you are exactly right, it was worded like crap.  If you knew me, you would agree that I am the LAST person that would pull rank.  When I went back and looked at it, I felt like the biggest Arse in the world.  I PMd Cubs fan and hope he accepts my appology.  I hope you can also..  FSMike,  I'm probably gonna need to get a loan to pay you all the beer I owe.
Ard

That's cool, Ard.  It takes fortitude and humility to admit error publicly.  Maybe I judged too harshly.  It just struck me in a bad way, being former enlisted myself.  We're good on my end.

82abn Ard

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 17, 2011, 07:55:37 pm
That's cool, Ard.  It takes fortitude and humility to admit error publicly.  Maybe I judged too harshly.  It just struck me in a bad way, being former enlisted myself.  We're good on my end.
Thanks, that means a lot.  You did not judge too harshly, I deserve every jab I get and more.  I just hope others understand I made a stupid post and didn't mean to.  Thanks again.

mj4president

Are you the type that goes out on a mission just to get a CAB? If so, that darn makes every man who does missions you have command over sick to their stomach.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.