Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Repeal of Dont Ask Dont Tell.. thoughts?

Started by hawg23, February 03, 2010, 11:54:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny America

August 09, 2011, 06:22:56 pm #150 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:25:09 pm by Johnny America
Quote from: Section 107 on August 09, 2011, 06:11:18 pm
Call your local CID office and ask if two people are married for the sole purpose of the BAH money if it is fraud.  BAH is for DEPENDENTS if your spouse is not your DEPENDENT he/she is not entitled to BAH money.  Same thing as saying your parents are renting you a place when you are mobilized so your parents can get extra money from the military through you.  I dealt with the con artists for 22 years Tusk.  Matter of fact had the "pleasure" of seeing several REALLY be cons before it was over.  I was good at my job.

There really is no way to prove if they are married only for the money. You ask them and they say, "we love each other." With all of the problems units were having in 06-ish (drug abuse and just common thuggery from letting in people without a high school diploma) the people with contract marriages were not high on the list.

Edit: There really was not a way to "turn" the homosexuals in, in my unit. Everyone knew they were gay. One guy worked in the S3 shop. Even the SGM knew he was gay. That was not just a problem with the "new generation" of soldiers. That was the "older" generation as well. It was part of going to war understaffed and under-funded.
God is not real.

Section 107

In most of the cases that I handled. They were STUPID enough to BRAG about it.  How did the poster know it was happening in his unit if they were not STUPID enough to BRAG about it?  Most of the younger generation is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Johnny America

Quote from: Section 107 on August 09, 2011, 06:23:30 pm
In most of the cases that I handled. They were STUPID enough to BRAG about it.  How did the poster know it was happening in his unit if they were not STUPID enough to BRAG about it?  Most of the younger generation is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

If they are dumb enough to brag about it then, you are right, they will get caught. I knew about it because the guy was in my platoon. He did not brag about it but as a friend, I knew about it.
God is not real.

Section 107

So in your world if you do not have a high school diploma you are a thug?  Yet you cover for someone getting money they are not entitled to?  I never had any trouble with the soldiers who were drop outs.  Most of them tried to change and better themselves.  Ever seen a gay soldier change?  Not saying all of the gay soldiers are bad either.  But the dropouts are not out marching, to get the same rights as the soldier with a Masters.

Johnny America

Quote from: Section 107 on August 09, 2011, 06:29:07 pm
So in your world if you do not have a high school diploma you are a thug?  Yet you cover for someone getting money they are not entitled to?  I never had any trouble with the soldiers who were drop outs.  Most of them tried to change and better themselves.  Ever seen a gay soldier change?  Not saying all of the gay soldiers are bad either.  But the dropouts are not out marching, to get the same rights as the soldier with a Masters.

Is everyone without a HS diploma a thug? Nope. Were the guys we were getting in 06-08 when the Army was struggling to meet its recruiting goal, several of which were 9th grade drop outs, thugs? Yep. Every new guy we received in Iraq that was a drop out was chaptered out within 6 months of redeployment. That is a very small case study, but combat arms were not getting the best and brightest at that point.
God is not real.

Section 107

Quote from: Johnny America on August 09, 2011, 06:26:59 pm
If they are dumb enough to brag about it then, you are right, they will get caught. I knew about it because the guy was in my platoon. He did not brag about it but as a friend, I knew about it.

What if you saw him steal money off a dead body?  Would he still be covered by the "friendship"?  Hate to break the bad news but in the eyes of the law you would be as guilty as he is.  Don't get me wrong, When I was in Korea in 1980 (probably before you were born) freezing our butts off in a rice field. If our jeeps were broke down we had no problem breaking into your motor pool and stealing a radiator or whatever we needed. So I am not no saint my own self. 

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Section 107

Quote from: Johnny America on August 09, 2011, 06:33:01 pm
Is everyone without a HS diploma a thug? Nope. Were the guys we were getting in 06-08 when the Army was struggling to meet its recruiting goal, several of which were 9th grade drop outs, thugs? Yep. Every new guy we received in Iraq that was a drop out was chaptered out within 6 months of redeployment. That is a very small case study, but combat arms were not getting the best and brightest at that point.

How many dropouts were in WWII?  If your Commander chaptered them out within 6 months.  You had an idiot for a Commander.  You first try to "convince" them to change. How your commander chose to do that would have been between them and your commander.  In 1980 the DI's handled it BEFORE you go to the War zone the "problem" was taken care of.  Whether you or the DI's had the most teeth left was a determination that you would need to decide.  I HONEST TO GOD heard that they were giving "stress cards" in 1999 -2002 during in basic training to keep the trainees from getting "stressed".  The DI would yell at them and the trainee would give the DI a stress card and be left along until he was not "stressed" any more.

Old Tusk

We had to lower test scores because the intellegence level has decreased.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Johnny America

Quote from: Section 107 on August 09, 2011, 06:42:30 pm
How many dropouts were in WWII?  If your Commander chaptered them out within 6 months.  You had an idiot for a Commander.  You first try to "convince" them to change. How your commander chose to do that would have been between them and your commander.  In 1980 the DI's handled it BEFORE you go to the War zone the "problem" was taken care of.  Whether you or the DI's had the most teeth left was a determination that you would need to decide.  I HONEST TO GOD heard that they were giving "stress cards" in 1999 -2002 during in basic training to keep the trainees from getting "stressed".  The DI would yell at them and the trainee would give the DI a stress card and be left along until he was not "stressed" any more.

I have heard about these stress cards before. I did not receive one though.

The guys were chaptered out within 6 months because they would have multiple arrest for drugs, fail multiple drug test, or just get multiple DUIs. I had a soldier under me celebrate when he set the Fort Hood record for having the highest coke total in his system during a drug test. Do not be so quick to judge. We were beginning to reload for another deployment from the first day that leave ended. We did not want to kick these guys out. They had to be let go because of the UCMJ standards. It had nothing to do with the "failure of our command to rehabilitate" the losers.
God is not real.

Johnny America

Section, in all honesty, I know that not all drop outs are thugs. It was just a really bad time for the Army. I also admit that not all gay service members are willing to adhere to the DADT standards. I like you, I do not think you are a bad guy. If we were in a bar I would buy you a beer and we could share Army stories and cheer for the Hogs. We have different opinions on somethings but that is cool. ;)
God is not real.

Section 107

You should have taken them with you.  Someone would have to be the first ones to clear the village.  Might as well get "some use" out of them.

Section 107

Quote from: Johnny America on August 09, 2011, 07:32:47 pm
Section, in all honesty, I know that not all drop outs are thugs. It was just a really bad time for the Army. I also admit that not all gay service members are willing to adhere to the DADT standards. I like you, I do not think you are a bad guy. If we were in a bar I would buy you a beer and we could share Army stories and cheer for the Hogs. We have different opinions on somethings but that is cool. ;)

Well if you ever make it to NWA you let me know.  I will introduce you to some of the PRETTIEST sorority girls you can handle.  They call me "Daddy".

Section 107

Matter of fact come up during basketball season and I will take you to see the hogs play.  I am probably the easiest going person on here. 

I guess I am just kind of "set in my ways".

Johnny America

Quote from: Section 107 on August 09, 2011, 07:38:01 pm
Matter of fact come up during basketball season and I will take you to see the hogs play.  I am probably the easiest going person on here. 

I guess I am just kind of "set in my ways".

Haha deal man. There is no shame in stating your beliefs or being set in your ways. That is what an internet message board is about.
God is not real.

Section 107

Quote from: Johnny America on August 09, 2011, 07:41:15 pm
Haha deal man. There is no shame in stating your beliefs or being set in your ways. That is what an internet message board is about.

All jokes aside. You pick whichever basketball game you want tickets to and let me know. Enjoy a game on me.

uaspiderman

Not for it. Could go on about why. If they are going to do it I believe that units should be totally integrated. Males and females berthing and showering together. I was totally against it when I was in and still am. It disgusted me that the Top at our squadron had to be called out and apologize to a flaming gay guy who was flaunting it in uniform at his job. Top simply told him to walk like a man. The same guy was denied entrance to the base on several occasions for being in drag...i.e. - the person on the ID did not match the person in front of the gate guard. I have moral problems with it and more I don't care to go into. Just a bad idea. and as for one of the first posters, they guys I served with did give a damn. They didn't like the idea at all and were not afraid to admit it.

Old Tusk

Johnny America

God is not real.

Sueie

I think the President that did it might be a closet homosexual.  :puke: