Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC3 and the SEC Record Books

Started by trashcan maN, December 18, 2015, 12:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Listening to a recent interview with Alex, the only thing we know for sure is that he hasn't publically said he will turn pro, and there is at least a chance he will return to school to finish his degree.

That being said, Alex is currently sitting on 3518 yards with a game to play in his Jr season. The career rushing yards record is 5259 set by Herschel Walker, followed by 4590 by our very own DMac.

If Alex returns for his senior season, barring injury, he will basically walk into the #2 spot with a very real opportunity to become the
SEC's all-time rushing leader. Very impressive for a young man who has often been an afterthought in the national RB discussion.

It's probably a longshot, but having a shot to sit atop such a storied record-book has to be tempting. Hope he goes for it!  :)

swinemaster

I'm hearing some noise that he may indeed. :razorback:

trashcan maN

Quote from: swinemaster on December 18, 2015, 12:55:55 pm
Noise from someone close or just speculation based off interviews?

lamont7906

For AC to get the record for all time leading rusher he would need 134 ypg rushing. That also means he would need to avg 5.2 ypc on 330 rushing attempts. Numbers may be a little off but not by much assuming he needs 1741 yards to take the record.

trashcan maN

Quote from: lamont7906 on December 18, 2015, 01:05:43 pm
For AC to get the record for all time leading rusher he would need 134 ypg rushing. That also means he would need to avg 5.2 ypc on 330 rushing attempts. Numbers may be a little off but not by much assuming he needs 1741 yards to take the record.
He's got another game left this year. Assuming he goes for 100 against KSU, and assuming we'd make a bowl game next year, he'd need ~126 YPG. He's avg 116 YPG this year.

secneahog

The video has changed my mind on him leaving alot.

I think being able to be a leader is big for him. He had to this year with Jwill going down. He said he feels fresh.  The rotation we had helped him alot. 

Getting his degree now would be awesome. Easy to say, oh he can come back if the nfl doesn't workout. 
Be easier to get your classes done with now then later.

Let's not forget working under Singleton for another year will help him alot. He credits his open field spin move to Singleton helping him.

I think it's 50/50
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

gmarv

it would be great publicity for him and our hogs if he stayed and made a run at Herschel walkers sec record.it would also be a whole lot of fun for us fans of AC.

BenDial

AC is great, isn't he? With his laid back attitude, he's like a Ricky Williams with better dreads and more sense.

staffhog

How could he not be in the Heisman mix.  I thought he should have been this year.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: swinemaster on December 18, 2015, 12:55:55 pm

No one know but AC and Coach B.  Drop the non sense

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: staffhog on December 18, 2015, 04:36:40 pm
How could he not be in the Heisman mix.  I thought he should have been this year.
Alex needed to have huge games against teams like Texas Tech, Toldeo, and Bama for him to be in that discussion this year. He's equally talented to Fournette/Henry/Chubb in my eyes. Just didn't preform like you would expect a Heisman hopeful to when they needed to.

Rumblings that he may return definitely could put him in Heisman talk next year... It would be robbery with the strong possibility he goes for 1k+ a fourth straight year and not mention his name as a Heisman candidate.

Pig In The City

He is a great young man with a great attitude!

razorbackkid

Get an insurance policy, get your degree and put on that Razorback uniform one more year.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.