Started by Arkapigdiesel, January 12, 2012, 11:07:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ADinWaiting

James Franklin

Joker Phillips

Kevin Sumlin

Bobby Petrino

All look like football coaches to me.
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

uncle bubs

God bless the Boston Mountains.

Ā 

Swine-as-wine

hoginator

Quote from: XHOG on January 12, 2012, 04:11:23 pm
Not to pick on you, but riddle me this......why is it that if you're half black and half white.....you're black?
My cousin married a black man that runs a large corporation and she is a lab manager for a fuel refinery.  They are well off and have wonderful children....but most refer to the children as black, some refer to them as mixed....but never white.
Well, it's a little like milk. We all know it's white, but when you add chocolate or strawberry(flavor & color), we no longer call it milk, but chocolate milk or strawberry milk. You wouldn't refer to it as white milk, even though that's the base. It looks darker and tastes different. It still has as much white in it as regular milk, you've just added some color and flavor.

Just like paint, the base is white, but once you add some color, it's not white anymore. It's called whatever name some expert on paint color gave it. It still has the same amount of white as always, but it's not called white paint anymore. It's a moot point anyway, because "We didn't come to paint"... ;)
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

ADinWaiting

Quote from: hoginator on January 15, 2012, 12:28:00 am
Well, it's a little like milk. We all know it's white, but when you add chocolate or strawberry(flavor & color), we no longer call it milk, but chocolate milk or strawberry milk. You wouldn't refer to it as white milk, even though that's the base. It looks darker and tastes different. It still has as much white in it as regular milk, you've just added some color and flavor.

Just like paint, the base is white, but once you add some color, it's not white anymore. It's called whatever name some expert on paint color gave it. It still has the same amount of white as always, but it's not called white paint anymore. It's a moot point anyway, because "We didn't come to paint"... ;)
That was well thought out.
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

TNRazorbacker

More news in!

Bobby Petrino is white, it has been confirmed, I repeat Bobby Petrino is in fact white.

I have to say I had a sneaking suspicion him being from Montana and all.

redswarmrising

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 12, 2012, 02:47:50 pm
I think Chapelle was a little past my day (my son always told me he was funny).  If you can find it, google up a youtube of the Eddie Murphy skit - might have to go to the SNL website to do it.  That was back when Eddie was the funniest person on the planet.

2000's >>>>>>>  1980's
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

cosmodrum

I'd heard he was Jewish and his birth name was James Hillel Franklinberg.

I need new sources.
Go away, batin'

oldhawg

Quote from: Hoglius Caesar on January 14, 2012, 11:31:17 pm
James Franklin

Joker Phillips

Kevin Sumlin

Bobby Petrino

All look like football coaches to me.

Joker Phillips doesn't look too sure about that.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: oldhawg on January 15, 2012, 10:17:30 am

I know this pic. It was taken immediately after Joker realized he'd been hired to coach football rather than basketball.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on January 12, 2012, 11:07:32 am
Who else besides me didn't have a clue he was African American?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/12/james-franklin-joker-phillips-to-make-sec-history-today/
I thought he was caucasian. Had no idea he is an A-A. Of course, I would have never guessed Obama is 50% caucasian. Sometimes, you cannot tell from skin color, facial features, speech, etc.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ā 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: blyhog on January 12, 2012, 02:19:29 pm
James Franklin,Vin Diesel,and The Rock are all black. Just very very light skinned except for The Rock
Are you sure Vin Diesel is A-A? I do not think he is.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ADinWaiting

uncle bubs

I think the best one Chappelle did was Clayton Bigsby. If you haven't seen it look it up.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

ark30inf

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on January 12, 2012, 11:07:32 am
Who else besides me didn't have a clue he was African American?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/12/james-franklin-joker-phillips-to-make-sec-history-today/

Had no idea.  I judged him solely on the content of his character...and his coaching abilities.  Will continue to do so.

jamie72921

I would like to take this thread as the opportunity to point out that Blake Griffin is the baddest white guy in the NBA.
Bless your heart

ADinWaiting

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 17, 2012, 11:40:28 pm
I would like to take this thread as the opportunity to point out that Blake Griffin is the baddest white guy in the NBA.

Caveman? I think so

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: riccoar on January 12, 2012, 12:25:18 pm
From the article:

Franklin on the fact he and Joker are African American: "But I hope that we get to a point here pretty soon that this isn't even a discussion point."

A-fricking-men.

By coincidence, I saw this quote for the first time, just yesterday:

Everybody has asked the question. . ."What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!
--Frederick Douglass

texas tush hog

Quote from: oldhawg on January 15, 2012, 10:17:30 am

I hope you don't have to retract that after we play him.

Cure

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 17, 2012, 11:40:28 pm
He is half black.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

riccoar

Quote from: uncle bubs on January 17, 2012, 10:56:53 pm
I think the best one Chappelle did was Clayton Bigsby. If you haven't seen it look it up.
Funniest skit he ever did, hands down. 

Ā 

ChicoHog

budcampbellfan

I doubt he has any more to do with Africa than any other American.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

budcampbellfan

I just noticed CBP is a Redheaded American like JFB as was and what's-his-name that Redheaded JFB hired because he was a JFB look-a-like, to lead us into the SEC and he immediately lost to The Citadel and then he beat HDN.  Oh yeah, Jack Crowe.  The NAACP is probbly real happy with us having all that color, red that is.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Hoglius Caesar on January 17, 2012, 11:59:49 pm

Caveman? I think so

Thats not funny, posting that LSU football recruit's  picture up there just to poke fun.

XX

Quote from: hoginator on January 15, 2012, 12:28:00 am

OK Mr. Helper...care to explain white chocolate?   :)
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: blyhog on January 12, 2012, 03:26:50 pm
Yea Eddie was too funny in that skit....if I remember correct he would go in stores and try to pay for stuff and they would tell him "Oh noooo you dont have to pay for this your white"

http://dumpalink.com/videos/Eddie-Murphy-As-A-White-Guy-49b5.html
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

ADinWaiting

Quote from: budcampbellfan on January 19, 2012, 06:31:25 pm
Thats not funny, posting that LSU football recruit's  picture up there just to poke fun.
Oh well, haha.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

ADinWaiting

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 13, 2012, 08:54:15 pm
Most of us are mutts, an odd assortment of backgrounds none of which is dominant enough for 85 percent of us to get all bunched up about.  On the one hand...

...one the other hand, those who think ethnicity is about the color of your skin are missing the bigger part of the discussion.

This is true.  I'm a mixture of English, Scottish, and Irish going back as far as the early 1600's.  Came over to Virginia and Maryland best I could tell searching on the internets famly trees and such.

jamie72921

Bless your heart

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on January 12, 2012, 12:21:49 pm
Why do people have to make something out of nothing.
because you can't cherry pick the occasions you choose to notice race and those you don't....for the month of February the United States has decreed that race be a big deal and that many of those from a certain race who contributed to the betterment of this country be recognized and lauded for their accomplishments....therefore it is not nothing
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.