Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Honey Badger

Started by logand02, April 21, 2015, 08:52:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

logand02

Willie Sykes is an absolute play maker. Can't wait to see him on the field.  :razorback:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1417380/highlights/215315383/v2

RedyorNot

His anticipation and closing speed are both impressive.

downsouthhawg72

CBB & company is slowly putting together a defense that's going to be feared & really really good.
DownSouthHawg

nwahogfan1

very hard hitter.  will he stay at S or go to CB/

Pigsfeat

Very nice last minute pickup!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

flagstaffhog

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on April 21, 2015, 09:31:50 am
CBB & company is slowly putting together a defense that's going to be feared & really really good.

I think that CBB is putting together\building a foundation of a program that is going to be feared and respected and really good.
Go HOGS Go!

razorbackfanatic

First time I've watched his highlight tape! I'm so impressed, he has legit 4.4 type speed!

razorbackfanatic

Last I saw he was around 170lbs, has anyone seen any updates on his weight? Be nice to see him around 180lbs and keep that speed. Kinda like Jared Collins.

Vantage 8 dude

April 21, 2015, 02:19:01 pm #8 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:43:48 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: logand02 on April 21, 2015, 08:52:13 am
Willie Sykes is an absolute play maker. Can't wait to see him on the field.  :razorback:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1417380/highlights/215315383/v2
I totally agree. Kid reminds me of a Stinger missile: Not only does he immediately lock on to his target, he usually delivers a "stinging" hit as well.

Paul

Dammit!  Good hands, great instincts & some nasty hits!  As a plus, he could return punts & kickoffs.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good instincts. He may be one of the 6-10 newcomers that typically see ST playing time or are in the rotation.

" GO HOGS "

EastMemphisHog

Not to be negative, but he is going to need to learn to wrap up. That lowering the shoulder move won't work quite as well in the sec. He had some good hits though.

Paul

Quote from: cshivley1 on April 21, 2015, 05:16:03 pm
Not to be negative, but he is going to need to learn to wrap up. That lowering the shoulder move won't work quite as well in the sec. He had some good hits though.
noticed that too. Robb Smith will correct that

GolfnHog

Was it me or was he playing as both #21 and # 7 in those highlights?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

OK... I watched thru the 3rd play on highlight and reminded myself that I had not heard of him. Is he a new commit for 15 or 16..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Then I got to like the 5th play and said.. Dayyyuuumn..!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Then I got to the 8th play and I couldn't stand no mo..!

InHOGuration Ball

WS has great closing speed on the receiver or runner.   My second choice for "Honey Badger" is Reid Miller.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 21, 2015, 08:16:53 pm
OK... I watched thru the 3rd play on highlight and reminded myself that I had not heard of him. Is he a new commit for 15 or 16..?

He signed this past class.  We stole him from I think Nebraska that last weekend before signing day

Pigsfeat

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 21, 2015, 09:00:23 pm
He signed this past class.  We stole him from I think Nebraska that last weekend before signing day

Yeah, and the Husker nation was calling foul on Arkansas when Willie flipped without ever having been on our campus! They were throwing the $$$ sign on us.
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

PaintballHog

Another plus with this kid is he may help bring in one of the top linebackers in Texas for the '16 class.

His highlights are sick tho. We need a secondary that is feared. 

Huds_HawgTide

There are 2 big time linebackers from houston area...i hole he knows em both and has alot of clout
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"