Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Chicken Chili Recipe.....

Started by Boarcephus, December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

By the way....potluck at work next weekend..Novody even asked what I was bringing, I was volunteered to bring THIS.

Boarcephus

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 25, 2013, 01:06:10 am
I prefer it. I usually use a garlic/herb rostissere bird. It's just so easy and flavorful.

That's exactly what I bought.  I enjoy the egg and all but if you want something like a beercan chicken without the hassle and the mess, this is a great way to go.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

It going one the permanent cold weather rotation  with my wife's grandmas chicken soup and my beef and pork chilli.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Looks like it time for White Chili again.  Weather getting so bad in DFW the guy from the Weather Channel was on the local news this morning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Boarcephus

I froze part of the last batch I made and will thaw it out for the weekend.  Looks like our butts will be planted firmly at the house for a few days after we get home tomorrow after work. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hawgndaaz

SPAL

How do you guys have enough to freeze? When I make this, the pit gets licked clean. One if the advantages if bringing this to potluck is that there've nothing left to take home.

SteveInArk

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 08, 2013, 01:15:58 am
How do you guys have enough to freeze? When I make this, the pit gets licked clean. One if the advantages if bringing this to potluck is that there've nothing left to take home.

By being old, lol.  Family all lives far away. But we don't freeze much!   ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Hawgndaaz

Great recipe, friends loved it too!

TomasPistola

I made a double batch last night to take to work and keep some at home. Love this stuff.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

DeltaBoy

It is a great dish that I will make again this month.

PorkRinds

I make it without the cream cheese to cut down on the fat a bit.  It's really good.  With a jiffy corn muffin and some sliced avocado, it's a little bit of heaven.

DeltaBoy

I used the 2% Cream Cheese and it worked.

cosmodrum

Well I've waited too long to give this a shot. On to Kroger...
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 15, 2014, 11:10:27 am
Well I've waited too long to give this a shot. On to Kroger...

Hou must be feeling a lot better. I'm glad.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 15, 2014, 01:52:06 pm

Yeah actually played a few holes of golf Monday afternoon. Not a lot of stamina, but better. Thanks mane.
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 15, 2014, 01:52:06 pm

Damn, my typing resembles Delta's.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

It time to make this again for MLK day!!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 15, 2014, 02:52:40 pm
It time to make this again for MLK day!!!!

Don't you find this a little ironic?  ;)

cosmodrum

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 15, 2014, 03:18:26 pm

I don't want to try black chicken chili.
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 15, 2014, 03:51:59 pm
I don't want to try black chicken chili.

They say those black chickens taste just like regular chicken but man, they look nasty. Even their bones are black. You ever seen one?  I've just seen them on tv.
Millennials suck...

cosmodrum

Just had a bowl! It's great! Rich; definitely sticks to the bones.
Go away, batin'

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 15, 2014, 03:18:26 pm

Yes and I am proud of it.

Slacker

DeltaBoy

Winter continues so it is still time to make this wonderful stuff.

PorkRinds

I make this with jiffy corn meal muffins, and drop some diced avocado in it.  It is amazing.  I can't get enough.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Another Frezzing Monday in TX and Ark so it a good day to make White Chicken Chili and some Corn Bread.

TomasPistola

I'm eating some now. Dropped some spicy Italian sausage in it too along with some fresh mushrooms.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hawgndaaz

made it for some Europeans sunday night.. they really liked it of course

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 04, 2014, 09:30:24 am
made it for some Europeans sunday night.. they really liked it of course

Cool a international Cultural Exchange !

DeltaBoy

Well it time to make it again this dish is great year around. 

DeltaBoy

Winter time returning for it's last gasp and it suppose to be COLD tonight, so what better time to hit the store on the way home and make a big hot batch of Chicken Chili!!!

DeltaBoy

zane

It's the most wonderful time of the year
RIP LSUfan

SteveInArk

We made a big batch this summer.  Froze it into multiple servings.  Had the last packet a couple of weeks ago.

So ... the comment was a lead-in to our latest discovery.  Sam's Club is carrying 6-packs of Marie Callender's White Chicken Chili.  Is it as good as this recipe here, that we've all come to love?  ... heck NO!

But if you don't have any made up, no time, etc, etc., it's pretty good.  VERY SIMILAR base taste.  We added our own sour cream at the table .... tasted much closer than we expected.  Good in a pinch.  Not as white and creamy, though.  By a long shot.

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DeltaBoy

Cream Cheese even at 2% is the difference. I am waiting for it to cool back off and I plan on making some again before Halloween.

Hawgndaaz

making this for a big family dinner sunday afternoon.

i'm the nephew that always gets told to bring beer/wine. never brought a dish before. my aunt said something about wanting to make chili and i volunteered myself....

DeltaBoy

I know your guest left with full bellies.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2014, 07:41:47 am
I know your guest left with full bellies.

They all loved it, and my aunts are expecting me to send the recipe out this morning. I earned some points for sure.

SPAL

Yep, was just telling my nurse friends that I was gonna bring a pot of this next weekend. It is time.

bigstyx

Made another pot for game day this last week. Only put one block of the cream cheese and used roasted Hatch chiles. It was still awesome and obviously the highlight of an otherwise crappy day.

Blutoblutarsky

So effin good, getting laid tonight

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

Quote from: majestic on October 20, 2014, 06:48:58 pm
That will be a smelly room!

Yep I sprinkle some Beano in the pot to stop that middle age curse.

SPAL

DeltaBoy

Weather starting to cool off down here in Texas. I wilk be making some soon.

wilyhawg

We had company last night and I made this for supper following directions to a T. Everyone said it was the best they had ever had. I had to copy the recipe for them. Thanks for the recipe!!!

DeltaBoy

Yep it is great and I love making it.