Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin bringing Arkansas (Bielema) to Florida Atlantic

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 31, 2017, 06:48:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

I know that the coaching community is kinda like a Fraternity, but I was surprised to see Kiffin bringing in all of these coaches and all of these schools to his camp at FAU in Boca Raton.

According to the Sun Sentinel, Michigan is one of the five Power Five schools already committed to FAU's camp on June 5. The Wolverines are on the bill along with Oregon, Vanderbilt, Illinois and Arkansas. FAU Owl Access reports that Tennessee, the school Kiffin left in the dust after just one season to take the USC job, will be sending coaches as well. Of course, Kiffin isn't singling out Michigan or Harbaugh here with other Power Five schools already committed for a camp later in June including Miami, Mississippi State, NC State, Louisville, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arizona State and Indiana.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lane-kiffin-bringing-in-jim-harbaugh-bret-bielema-tennessee-coaches-to-fau-camp/

There are going to be a lot of schools with staff at those camps, but I like that we get to be one of those. 
Go Hogs Go!

Lanny

Is Brett headlining "How to collapse in the 2nd half? "
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on May 31, 2017, 06:53:12 am

Let's hope it is more like, "What I learned about trying to maintain the status quo while the house is on fire".
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

RagingHawgOn

RazorWest

Quote from: Lanny on May 31, 2017, 06:53:12 am

I'm guessing he's going to spill the beans on our secret halftime adjustment.  The PB&J

scorekeeper

Bringing in P5 schools will attract top tier talent. At FAU Kiffin knows he can't compete with the big dogs so he only needs to get the left overs in order to be successful. Kiffin could also be auditioning for a job just in case he has to jump ship. 
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

King Kong

Quote from: scorekeeper on May 31, 2017, 08:07:06 am
Bringing in P5 schools will attract top tier talent. At FAU Kiffin knows he can't compete with the big dogs so he only needs to get the left overs in order to be successful. Kiffin could also be auditioning for a job just in case he has to jump ship.

Yep it's not a negative in anyway for Kiffin. FAU ain't competing with any of these schools for recruits or games

NuttinItUp

Quote from: scorekeeper on May 31, 2017, 08:07:06 am

He got former 4-star Florida State QB (and feature of next season of "Last Chance U") De'Andre Johnson who was kicked off of the FSU team for punching a girl and had to spend a year at a JUCO school (hence the "Last Chance U" filming) to sign to play at FAU. Sure, a bad kid, but he has talent.

theFlyingHog

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2017, 07:02:35 am
Who is Brett?

A name we weren't allowed to use until the top dog decided he was no longer deserving of respect.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 31, 2017, 10:45:27 am
A name we weren't allowed to use until the top dog decided he was no longer deserving of respect.

Brett was never censored.

B ert is/was.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 31, 2017, 10:46:56 am
Brett was never censored.

B ert is/was.

Ah you are correct. Got confused. It happens at my age.

nwahogfan1

How many recruits do we get out of this camp?   How many sign?   I say there will be lots of talent there with all the big named schools watching but how many of these kids will have the grades and attitude to BE UNCOMMON? 

I will go out on the limb and make a wild guess and say we start recruiting 5 to 10 kids from the camp and maybe sign 1 or 2.

Wildhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 31, 2017, 10:59:51 am
How many recruits do we get out of this camp?   How many sign?   I say there will be lots of talent there with all the big named schools watching but how many of these kids will have the grades and attitude to BE UNCOMMON? 

I will go out on the limb and make a wild guess and say we start recruiting 5 to 10 kids from the camp and maybe sign 1 or 2.

That'd be a very successful camp, then.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Sloppyhawg

Heard on DTS a clip of CBB speaking and he said he had a prior engagement with the Arkansas HOF event and that he will keep that event.  I didn't catch if we would send other assistant coaches or not but it sounded like we were not going to have a presence there.   

LZH

LK is the epitome of a killer football mind mired in a personality of a total dorkhead.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Sloppyhawg on May 31, 2017, 07:58:01 pm
Heard on DTS a clip of CBB speaking and he said he had a prior engagement with the Arkansas HOF event and that he will keep that event.  I didn't catch if we would send other assistant coaches or not but it sounded like we were not going to have a presence there.   

I doubt that we would miss an opportunity to be at a camp that is situated in Boca Raton, just north of Miami. We will probably have some Staff at that camp even if Bielema doesn't make it due to prior obligations.
Go Hogs Go!

hogginbama

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 31, 2017, 10:59:51 am

1 or 2 is more than you would probably get if your weren't there. If we get 1 or 2 with our cost only to have an assistant or two down there doing some coaching....I would say that is a pretty good return on investment.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.