Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rawleigh Williams III moving on from football

Started by SONofHAM, May 08, 2017, 12:27:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Wow feel terrible for the kid. Was NFL bound if he kept this up. Thank goodness he isn't a paraplegic or something, but that is one tough pill to swallow. Glad he made the right decision.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

jgphillips3

Rawleigh, I will miss you on the field, but if you were my son, I would tell you that you are making the ABSOLUTELY CORRECT choice.  Life is long and you have a lot to look forward to.  I am proud you chose to wear our uniform and you will always be a Razorback.  This State doesn't forget our players.  Best of luck to you!

Now Uncle Terry P Roy, tell your nephew to get some rest when he can...because he's going to have some work to do until those freshmen get things figured out in the fall.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I really hate this for him. After everything he went through to get back here the first time around, he didn't deserve this. He has always shown great maturity in the way he handled situations, and this was no different. Hope he gets to stick around this season helping the running backs. Good luck to you in everything you choose to do in life Rawleigh! WOO PIG
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on May 08, 2017, 01:28:21 pm
Given the situation, I hope the U of A steps up and honors his scholarship until the completion of his degree. Best wishes to RW3

They will and it won't count against us.  There is NCAA precedent for that.

311Hog

Given the situation, I hope the U of A steps up and honors his scholarship until the completion of his degree. Best wishes to RW3

Oh you know they will.  I hate this for him, but i would totally have made the same choice.  I absolutely believe RW3 will find massive success off the field.

PorkSoda

I'm glad he had the chance to come back and have a great year last season.  He doesn't have to wonder what could have been.  now he can move on knowing he did the right thing with a bright future ahead of him.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sivad

He will always be a Razorback.
Thanks for coming here Rawleigh and we wish you the best.

Poker_hog

Hate to lose him but glad he's doing the smart thing.  Everything you'd want in a hog, good student, ton of heart, and played at a much higher level than his recruiting rankings.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Mo_Better_Hogs

Rawleigh has been a first-class young man for us, as a Razorback, and will be after his playing days. It's sad that those days are NOW, but it's easy to understand how he got to that decision.

This is one of those times that you just say he gave us all he had to give, and wish him the best. God speed RWIII.

micali

I hope he can live with his decision. I mean by that, he will be able to put the playing years behind him and not desire to come back. Im sad for him but I'm glad he made this xhoice. So much life ahead of him and while he can still walk it's better to "walk" away. Good luck to you RW3, may GOD bless you in your future endeavors.

TNRazorbacker

Right decision young man- easily. You'll always be a Hog regardless.

oldbear

What a great young man. Razorback nation is better for having had him around. He seems to be a great influence on everyone around him. The value of your life is how you effect others. His life is extremely valuable.

GoHogzzGo

Thankfully all schools do this one. Medical hardship allows for continuation of the scholarship without counting toward the 85. Saban has even been accused of using this to his advantage forcing kids to take it who are slightly injured but not performing.

Proud of RWIII. Appreciate everything he did coming back from the first injury.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Al Boarland

Quote from: HogShat on May 08, 2017, 12:54:10 pm
All the more reason to despise auburn... Best of luck to RW3 and hoping he enjoys the greatest success in life moving forward.
From a fellow SEC RB....I wish you nothing but the best...football is truly not everything...you will be great and bold in watever you do - Auburn RB

grayhawg

Made what I think was the right decision, best of luck to this quality young man in his future endeavors.

razorsharptusk

What a great guy!  He deserves nothing but the best from us Hog fans and giving him the continued support we would have if he was still toting the rock.  Have a blessed life Rawleigh, and thanks for your work and excitement you brought to this team.
GO HOGS!!

PorkRinds

I think I got something in my eye while reading that.

Andrew Hogfan

Thank you RWIII.  Gives me another reason to auburn,  as if I needed any more.
WPS!!!

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on May 08, 2017, 02:25:48 pm
Thank you RWIII.  Gives me another reason to hate auburn,  as if I needed any more.
WPS!!!

Rockinghog

Totally support his decision.  Wish him the best in life,he is a class act.

hoglady

Thank you RWIII for being such a great representative of the Arkansas football program - we are lucky to have you. And I look so forward to seeing you in that suit in that Stadium Suite one day making all the decisions.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TexHog188

Nothing but respect for RWIII and his contributions to Hog football.  Glad that he has a great man in CBB and the backing of the university to guide him on to the next phase of his life and put him on solid ground for success off the field.  #RazorbackFamily
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

B501

Hoggiedawg

greenEGnHAWGS

Rawleigh, thank you so much for choosing Arkansas and representing the family with class. I look forward to seeing what you become as I know you'll excel in anything you do.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JHicks3636

Certainly the correct and only decision under the circumstances. I also applaud the posters on Hogville for putting Williams' well-being above any other consideration. Class shown by everyone on this one.

247Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on May 08, 2017, 02:55:24 pm
Rawleigh, thank you so much for choosing Arkansas and representing the family with class. I look forward to seeing what you become as I know you'll excel in anything you do.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 08, 2017, 02:24:50 pm
I think I got something in my eye while reading that.

Got a lump in my throat.  What a great young man.  Lucky to have him and his family as part of the Razorback family.  He can enjoy the next 2 to 3 years of college, still help the team and still be a proud alum with health intact.  Although it's a tough decision, I'd still call it a win win for all involved because of the positive impact he has had and will continue to have on the team and because of the difference the UofA and football program can and will make in his life.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRRandy

Happy it was a decision made while he can still walk. Hate it for him to have to make such a decision so early in life and giving up something he loves and excels at. Good luck.
This is fun, isn't it.

Oklahawg

So sad to read, but also something that fills me with pride - knowing that RW3 will be just fine and that UA did a great job standing with him (so far and into the future).

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sowmonella

Best Wishes young man. I hope you keep on being a big part of the team. We need uncommon men like you. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hawgzinbowlz

100% correct decision. It's good you are a part of The Hog family Rawleigh. "GO HOGS"

LZH

Don't know what the doctors told him, but even if he was told "maybe", I still think he made the smart call. Tough to let go, I know. But 100% right decision IMO.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 08, 2017, 12:45:43 pm
Led the SEC in rushing as a true sophomore.

Not many can say that. Like period.
absolutely. Now, we just hope that Devwah can do the same thing.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hogsmo Kramer

Hate to hear this but his health and future outside football is the most important thing.

Glad to have been able to watch him run the rock for the Razorbacks, and I have no doubt he'll be very successful in whatever path he chooses.

Thanks for everything RWIII and best of luck buddy!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 08, 2017, 03:01:19 pm
Certainly the correct and only decision under the circumstances. I also applaud the posters on Hogville for putting Williams' well-being above any other consideration. Class shown by everyone on this one.

100% agree. Good to see class shown by Hogvillians.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

Let us remember the good.  Here are highlights from of one of the best performances I've seen in person.  It was a cold night in Starkville but Rawleigh was on fire:

https://twitter.com/russellschaap/status/800539118442713088

As good as RWIII was on the field he is even better off.  A great young man with an infectious smile and bright future.

https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/840729585931112448

Thank you RWIII.....you will always will be a Razorback. We love you!

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

theshiva

Glad he took his health seriously. Good luck RWIII!

Now to just get him on the staff as a GA and help recruit his little brother.

BigE_23

I didn't know it was possible for me to hate Auburn any more than I already do...but it is.

Best wishes to RW3 and his family...he's such an outstanding young man with a bright future.

FANONTHEHILL

First I want to say that this is absolutely the right decision for Rawleigh and his family.  Secondly I want to add that this situation is exactly why the change of culture within the program that Coach Bielema has brought is so important.  It's not just about what these guys can accomplish 12 or 13 Saturdays each fall.  It's about getting them ready for their lives. Without the injury, Rawleigh had a chance to be an NFL running back.  But that's not what it has always been about.  Now he has over 50% of his finance degree requirements met, he has a bright future.  He has the admiration of teammates, coaches, and fans.  Football brought Rawleigh to Fayetteville and I'm thankful for that.  But football doesn't define Rawleigh Williams III, he would be the same amazing young man if he'd never even touched a football. That's a credit to him and his wonderful parents Rawleigh JR and Kim and his brother Brian and sister Alyssa.
My heart aches because he's lost the ability to do something he loves, but I smile when I know he will spend the rest of his life showing others how good life can be when you focus on the right things. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HogMantheIntruder

Any chance he helps coach RBs this season? Could still be a great asset to the team.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

sickboy

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 08, 2017, 03:34:56 pm
Any chance he helps coach RBs this season? Could still be a great asset to the team.

Not sure that's not against NCAA rules. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him on staff one day.

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on May 08, 2017, 03:41:33 pm
Not sure that's not against NCAA rules. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him on staff one day.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the sidelines for every game wearing his jersey with his street clothes and going out as one of the Captains for the coin toss.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!