Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(205) 458-3000 (205) 458-3031 - FAX...Just left my message

Started by Conway4Hogs, October 17, 2009, 06:26:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WOODSHOG

I almost lost my big screen today on the Sheppard call.
Been have SWC flashbacks all evening.

Man_O_Pork

Quote from: Razorhio on October 17, 2009, 08:59:26 pm
<<Bump>>  Just faxed

Mr. Slive,

How long will the greatest football conference in the country continue to suffer from the worst officiating in the country?  The number of mistakes and outrageous calls we've seen this season are ridiculous.  Until today, the excessive celebration call at the end of the Georgia/LSU game was the worst example, but what I saw today in the Florida/Arkansas game left me speechless.  The pass interference call against Arkansas, followed by the unsportsman-like conduct call, towards the end of the game were beyond questionable - they were downright awful.  This was followed up with a no-call against Florida for obvious offensive pass interference on their next possession.  There were several others, but these were among the most egregious.  How long will this be allowed to continue?  Much like in the Georgia/LSU game, these calls likely changed the outcome of the contest.   

I ask that you take immediate measures to improve the quality of officiating in the SEC.  The coaches and players in our conference, who work tirelessly to be the best in the country, deserve nothing short of the best when it comes to officiating.  Please do whatever is necessary to correct this problem.

Funny thing is...all but one of the refs on today's crew was EXACTLY the same crew from the LSU-Georgia game.

These officials either:

A)  Don't understand the rules;
B)  Are hungry to be part of the story;
C)  Have money on these games;
D)  All of the above.

None of those options are acceptable.

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 17, 2009, 11:12:00 pm
This should get their attention big time! You know we have got to be the only ticked off fans that have ever done this after a loss (especially in the SEC you know)

They will be sooooo shocked and moved by this. I'm anticipating a re-do game.

I am expecting you to grow a set and do something instead of sitting on your ass and doing nothing more than being a smartass

mckinneyhog5

I called and left a message that I will be sending tape of the game to a relative of mine in the FBI's Organized Crime Unit for investigation of the SEC and their officials.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Dyn-O-Mike

October 18, 2009, 01:11:36 pm #55 Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:17:47 pm by Dyn-O-Mike
This should get their attention big time! You know we have got to be the only ticked off fans that have ever done this after a loss (especially in the SEC you know)

Some people are being idiots and confusing the complaints about the officiating as everyone (yes there are a few saying it, but only a handful) trying to get the game overturned, something that everyone here knows is not going to happen (we don't need you're brilliant insight to know this).  The fact of the matter being that this crew is obviously a bad one.  The bad calls and missed calls may have affected the outcome of the game, there is no way to know any difference, but the bigger picture is that its affecting the conference we play in.  This is the same crew as the LSU-UGA game, in which a call was made that the SEC said may have affected the outcome of the game.  With a number of calls that even the media found questionable in this game, I think it is best that fans of the SEC bring this to the officials attention and get something done about this crew officiating in the future.  After all no one wants to play in a conference full of second rate, or suspicious officials.

Your sarcasm makes you look like an idiot, if you don't care about the quality of the gentlemen the SEC chooses as their officials, then don't post in a thread about it. You're probably one of those ppl that don't vote because you think your one vote won't make a difference too.

PorkerOinker

I am not 100% sure, but was this not the same crew that officiated the Bama game two years ago when we had them beat and the ref stood over the ball until bama got lined up insted of starting the clock when the ball was placed.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: Dyn-O-Mike on October 18, 2009, 01:11:36 pm
Some people are being idiots and confusing the complaints about the officiating as everyone (yes there are a few saying it, but only a handful) trying to get the game overturned, something that everyone here knows is not going to happen (we don't need you're brilliant insight to know this).  The fact of the matter being that this crew is obviously a bad one.  The bad calls and missed calls may have affected the outcome of the game, there is no way to know any difference, but the bigger picture is that its affecting the conference we play in.  This is the same crew as the LSU-UGA game, in which a call was made that the SEC said may have affected the outcome of the game.  With a number of calls that even the media found questionable in this game, I think it is best that fans of the SEC bring this to the officials attention and get something done about this crew officiating in the future.  After all no one wants to play in a conference full of second rate, or suspicious officials.

Your sarcasm makes you look like an idiot, if you don't care about the quality of the gentlemen the SEC chooses as their officials, then don't post in a thread about it. You're probably one of those ppl that don't vote because you think your one vote won't make a difference too.
+1

The_Boot_stops_here

By the way...if anyone wants the direct extension to Rogers Redding (head of officiating for the SEC) the phone is (205)-458-3000   EXT: 3025....directly let the head man know how we feel about this crap!