Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reunion on Raw

Started by RBLtoHOG, January 19, 2015, 08:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RBLtoHOG

Flair, Hogan, HBK, Hall, Nash, X-Pac, and the New Age Outlaws all supposed to be on tonight.

Just showed the clique all making fun of HHH and his suit.

Scott Hall looked GOOD! Last time I saw him he looked like hell and was in a wheel chair. I guess he finally cleaned up!
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Richard_white

As far as entertainment value, raw was a good show tonight.

Hogwop

Quote from: Richard_white on January 19, 2015, 11:09:10 pm
As far as entertainment value, raw was a good show tonight.

Agree, and as much as I hate Cena, I have to admit that I kinda marked out a bit for the Stinger distracting the Authority letting Cena get the roll-up. Glad Ziggler and Rowan will be back, even tho it was an obvious work from the get go. It was my first time seeing Sting on a WWE show so I thought it was really cool. Setting up Sting vs Trips at 'Mania? That's my guess anyway.

I also marked out for the APA, even tho Bradshaw is a [CENSORED] nozzle, but seeing him with Simmons again was kinda cool. All in all it was a pretty good show, and I haven't said that much (if at all) in the past few months.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

BigSexyHog

I turned it off after about 40 mins.  I was hoping for more but maybe I turned off to soon.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

SwinerBock

As you say, as far as entertainment value, the ending was pretty decent.  And while I geeked out a bit seeing the NWO, APA and DX members in the same ring together cleaning the Ascension's clocks, that is about the *only* thing that could rescue that particular segment.  My God, the Ascension on the mic makes Ryback seem like a poet.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogwop on January 20, 2015, 12:03:15 am
Agree, and as much as I hate Cena, I have to admit that I kinda marked out a bit for the Stinger distracting the Authority letting Cena get the roll-up. Glad Ziggler and Rowan will be back, even tho it was an obvious work from the get go. It was my first time seeing Sting on a WWE show so I thought it was really cool. Setting up Sting vs Trips at 'Mania? That's my guess anyway.

I also marked out for the APA, even tho Bradshaw is a [CENSORED] nozzle, but seeing him with Simmons again was kinda cool. All in all it was a pretty good show, and I haven't said that much (if at all) in the past few months.

Did they let Simmons say his trademark line? Either I missed it or he didn't say it.

jbcarol

Karen Catizone ‏@Mugsysam

A kid was crying@ringside when #JohnCena was getting his ass kicked& #HHH broke character 2 console him @TNACreative

Karen Catizone ‏@Mugsysam 9 hours ago

@VamPYRO_447 @TNACreative Yes this is totally real. This really happened. The WWE took the kid and his Dad backstage after Raw was over 2

Scott Montgomery ‏@SmoDogg 9 hours ago

@Mugsysam @VamPYRO_447 @TNACreative I was 15 feet away. HHH & Steph both broke kayfabe to console. Lillian tried to comfort him throughout

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The_Iceman

What possessed the WWE to destroy the momentum of such a promising young tag team in the Ascension?

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: SwinerBock on January 20, 2015, 08:19:45 am
As you say, as far as entertainment value, the ending was pretty decent.  And while I geeked out a bit seeing the NWO, APA and DX members in the same ring together cleaning the Ascension's clocks, that is about the *only* thing that could rescue that particular segment.  My God, the Ascension on the mic makes Ryback seem like a poet.

Too Bad ALL of DX wasnt present !!! they really ought to bring them back for a while
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: jbcarol on January 20, 2015, 08:57:01 am
Karen Catizone ‏@Mugsysam

A kid was crying@ringside when #JohnCena was getting his ass kicked& #HHH broke character 2 console him @TNACreative

THAT is what its about AWESOME Job H!

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 08:52:15 am
Did they let Simmons say his trademark line? Either I missed it or he didn't say it.

Did not! I did hear it upon his entry D@MN!

I woke the baby up when he entered-should have seen the wifes face!

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on January 20, 2015, 12:52:16 pm
Did not! I did hear it upon his entry D@MN!

I woke the baby up when he entered-should have seen the wifes face!

RBLtoHOG

I hadn't watched in a very long time (unless I heard news of a legend making an appearance).

I enjoyed HBK, Nash, Hall, and X-Pac making fun of HHH's suit and asking him what kind of show he was running when the Miz and his "stunt double" showed up. He just put his face in his hand and said he was ashamed! haha

And I saw that about HHH comforting the crying kid and taking them backstage after. That's pretty awesome, if you ask me.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

zane

Quote from: jbcarol on January 20, 2015, 08:57:01 am

@Mugsysam @VamPYRO_447 @TNACreative I was 15 feet away. HHH & Steph both broke kayfabe to console. Lillian tried to comfort him throughout

What I wouldn't give for Lillian to console ME!!

I was like a 12 year old kid again when NWO and DX were out there. Nash looked like he could still mix it up in the ring.

I about stood up off the couch when Sting popped up on the Jumbotron. The Raws leading up to WM should be awesome
RIP LSUfan

hvsupastar

I was hoping that the legends squashing the ascension would be a chance for them to go back to the drawing board, because that gimmick is awful or at least the way its been on raw so far.  But they are wrestling the NAO at the rumble so I guess not
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The_Iceman

Ragnar Hogbrok

Ascension is probably one of the worst gimmicks I have seen since, well, the Shock Master debacle. I'm actually embarrassed for those guys.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

My favorite moment of this week's RAW was Ric Flair's failed attack on the Big Show.  Ole Ric gave him everything he had, stylin' and profilin' the whole time.  What an entertainer!

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

TheRazorback500

I like Brock Lesnar when he speaks for himself.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hvsupastar

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on January 21, 2015, 10:33:13 pm
I like Brock Lesnar when he speaks for himself.

:razorback:

He was good Monday. But when he first came back and they gave him about 10 minutes of lines to memorized he bumbled around and it was awful. I don't think Monday was a script,word for word
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 21, 2015, 10:53:00 pm
He was good Monday. But when he first came back and they gave him about 10 minutes of lines to memorized he bumbled around and it was awful. I don't think Monday was a script,word for word
Agreed.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

toshortrock

been waiting weeks for sting to come back out,,fell asleep and missed it,,LOL,,old age
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: The Chief on January 21, 2015, 04:36:16 pm
Ascension is probably one of the worst gimmicks I have seen

Been done before with a MUCH more talented group!  The Road Warriors

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on January 22, 2015, 04:21:29 pm

Quite true. You can't rehash legendary gimmicks.

Eddie Goodson

Sure you can. Rick Flair was not the original "nature boy".

It is difficult but it can be done.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

zane

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on January 22, 2015, 04:21:29 pm

This, this, and this
RIP LSUfan

The_Iceman

The Ascension's NXT gimmick is what they need to go back to. I thought it would be cool if the Undertaker took those two guys under his wing and become a spokesperson/manager and maybe got another young singles competitor like Baron Corbin and formed a Ministry of Darkness 2.0

Eddie Goodson

The original plan was to replace Harper and Rowan in Wyatt Family with them. That obviously changed.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

zane

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 23, 2015, 03:08:18 pm
The Ascension's NXT gimmick is what they need to go back to. I thought it would be cool if the Undertaker took those two guys under his wing and become a spokesperson/manager and maybe got another young singles competitor like Baron Corbin and formed a Ministry of Darkness 2.0
RIP LSUfan

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 22, 2015, 04:46:47 pm
Sure you can. Rick Flair was not the original "nature boy".

It is difficult but it can be done.

Nope. Not anymore. When Ric started copying buddy Rodgers, people didn't have the ability to click and see buddy Rodgers at the click of a mouse. Why would anyone want to watch a generic road warriors when you can get on YouTube and see the real thing.