Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Anderson takes shot at Razorbacks

Started by jbcarol, October 24, 2017, 04:59:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 13h13 hours ago

Arkansas State coach Blake Anderson takes shot at Razorbacks  #WPS http://sec.news/2yFARnM

QuoteMonday at the Little Rock Touchdown Club, Anderson told an apparently mostly-fabricated story of taking his players to a second-grade class in Jonesboro:

"The teacher said, 'You don't have to be exactly what your parents are. You can do your own thing. What if your parents were both losers?' She said, 'Well then I'd be a Razorback.' ..."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Seminole Indian

Looks like the Mods upstairs deleted a lot of post before sending it down, so I deleted the one they chose not to delete.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dillar Dog

Seminole Indian

October 25, 2017, 07:26:46 am #3 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:03:12 am by Seminole Indian
Found this link to an article on Blake & Brets friendship on AStateNation.com.

"We all are working our tails off, but you don't want to see a guy and his family go through that, and you don't want to see him raked over the coals in the media and on social media, and you definitely don't want his family to have to deal with that."

"So the best thing I can do for him is be a friend for him, pray for him and hope that they work themselves through it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and things change. It's just the nature of our business, which is volatile and very unforgiving."

http://sportandstory.com/blake-anderson-bret-bielema-share-friendship-off-field/

Their friendship was well known, so my first reaction to the joke--which was funny, was  why say that when your friend is having such a hard time as a result of not winning. The joke only makes since to me if it was directed at those attacking his friend, and only if he was pretty sure there was a good chance his friend was not going to be there much longer.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Arkstfan

Last year he made a joke about the Hogs at the same event but no one posted video of it on Twitter. Last year he also made a joke about the fact that his own team was 0-4.

Did nothing new or different. The new and different was this time a clip was posted on Twitter.

Seminole Indian

Well the situation is different this year.

asuato

How is it different? Same coaches, same event. It was a joke he would have told even if the hogs were 7-0 and ranked in the top 10.