Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is your opinion of the radio show "press row" ?

Started by hogscore, December 29, 2009, 05:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogscore

go hogues

Quote from: hogscore on December 29, 2009, 05:57:19 pm
It was great 4 years ago, when Mike Irwin was on it.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Fatman

The Morning Rush is the only morning show to listen to. I agree when Irwin was on press row was a good show.

woodhog14

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

BEvERage

oldfart

was a constant listener when mike was on it, never listen to it now

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

SRFL

Boardon Hamsay

Vernon makes me glad my work commute is only 5 minutes.  If I had to listen to his negativity any longer, I veer into on coming traffic.  One positive to Press Row is, no crazed Michael in Stuttgart or Tim calls during my commute.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hook 'em Hogs

Grant's fine.  Vernon is a jerk.  I could listen to Grant and just about anybody, but Vernon kills the show.  He knows everything, just ask him, he'll tell ya.

pigslop

Don't you really mean "GOLF TALK" with Grant Hall?
:razorback:

SLC

I liked it a lot when Mike was on it. 
That said, I think the show is better now than it was this time last year.  I split time between that and The Morning Rush.  My favorite show in the area is Sean & Wally's show.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

HatfieldHog

When Bo Mattingly and MIke Irwin were on it, it was pretty good.  It was like good cop/bad cop thing during the Huston Nutt battle.  I haven't heard it in years now.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Arazorbackguy1

Vernon reminds me so much of Carl from Slingblade.  I laugh everytime I listen, therefore I don't laugh often.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Break & Run

I listen to the Morning Rush.  I used to like Press Row but when Mike Irwin left, it went downhill...bad...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

kingofdequeen

press row sucked w/ mike irwin too.  only so many times i can hear about his 7th grade football experiences in west texas.

that show hasn't been palletable since Bo left.  at least it was interesting.

vernon/grant are okay...for me to poop on.  seriously...that asshat from gentry who talks through his nose about cardinals baseball resets from 78, grant's unquenchable thirst for womens' golf talk, or vernon's dbaggery...just pick a reason to listen to NPR.

Break & Run

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 29, 2009, 09:42:10 pm
press row sucked w/ mike irwin too.  only so many times i can hear about his 7th grade football experiences in west texas.

that show hasn't been palletable since Bo left.  at least it was interesting.

vernon/grant are okay...for me to poop on.  seriously...that asshat from gentry who talks through his nose about cardinals baseball resets from 78, grant's unquenchable thirst for womens' golf talk, or vernon's dbaggery...just pick a reason to listen to NPR.

I never knew the show before Mike Irwin.  I'm not old enough to remember that, either that or I was more interesting in a piece of ***** than Razorback football LOL
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

tsturg8738

and reminiscing about Minute Man burgers...or reading the morning newspaper on the air.  It is dreadful.

arcowboy

Used to listen all the time when Mike was on there.  Try to listen now but can not stand Vernon. Grant is great, but turn it off many mornings when Vernon argues , never heard anyone that is so arguementive , arrogant and know it all.  Don't know where he came from but he needs to go back.....

ballhog™

if you aren't able to read the newspaper headlines yourself or want to talk about golf and women's basketball, the show is all for you.

first time I hear those things I turn it...usually takes less than a minute.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

stan the man

Probably the worst sport talk show in NWA. followed closely by Carpenter on 92.1

Doug

Gimme Irwin, or gimme bust!

Mattingly was such a Hugger... it was great listening to him and Irwin banter back and forth.

Haven't listened to it since Irwin left.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Seebs

I understand Robert Shields is a frequent guest/contributor on the show - is this correct?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jkstock04

Its awful.  They talk about the St. Louis Cardinals and golf more than they do the Hogs.  Grant's favorite sport must be golf...I guess he thinks the majority of his crowd are guys in the locker rooms of country clubs playing poker or getting ready to go play a round....

I haven't listened to that show in well over a year...I couldn't take it anymore.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: SRFL on December 29, 2009, 08:16:39 pm
It's no Gordo's Corner for sure...

Good one.

I really liked Press Row in the Irwin days. I couldn't get it "live"...but back then, Hogville had a Press Row Archives section on the site. I'd listen to their show that afternoon and it was always interesting on Mondays. But all those episodes were taking up too much room, or something like that. Right Douglas?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

wholehog92

There's not much in the way of morning shows right now.  Press row was good when Irwin was on, but could have been improved by replacing Grant.  It has been intolerable since Mike left.  Morning rush is too sophmoric for me in the morning.  It would be better if they were sophomoric and funny, but they definitely lack the funny.  I occasionally turn them on, but usually don't make it my entire 20 min drive with them.  I like Shawn and Wally on the evening drive.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

sowsmilk

I'm a Grant Hall fan - no one knows Razorback trivia like him. Vernon is a good sidekick - keeps Grant in check from going too trivial with a "nobody cares" every now and then.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: SRFL on December 29, 2009, 08:16:39 pm

It's no Gordo's Corner for sure...

Tommy and Derek are ok but as soon as I get to the office...it's The Gentle Musers with Gordo and Norm until noon.  Then back to The Hog 99.5.
We don't rent pigs

Noslop

Grant is OK, but Vernon is the most irritating co-host ever! Constantly interrupts to interject his own opinion and dismisses any opposing opinion before it can be expressed. Makes the show impossible to listen to.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

solix

Hate it.  Reading the paper on air and mark in gentry calling all the time asking stupid questions he could answer by reading

HogCard

Vernon is even a jerk on their commercial....:"what are we going to do?  I'll tell you what we are going to do.....etc".

pigzwillrise

Pig Power

I am dumber everytime I listen.
really though,
My personal preference is not golf which is often discussed on that program, but I am sure all of the Bella Vistans love. Grant is a OK, but Vernon is an angry person.
Here is NWA, Mike and Mike in the AM> Press row IMO

Big Papa Satan

kingofdequeen

parallaxpig

Quote from: Noslop on December 30, 2009, 08:21:57 pm
Grant is OK, but Vernon is the most irritating co-host ever! Constantly interrupts to interject his own opinion and dismisses any opposing opinion before it can be expressed. Makes the show impossible to listen to.

Never heard of this program till it showed up on PM time slot recently. FYI, Vernon hasn't changed.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 09, 2017, 02:03:17 pm
Never heard of this program till it showed up on PM time slot recently. FYI, Vernon hasn't changed.

Just curious...what in the world were you surfing for to find this 8-year-old thread?!?!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 09, 2017, 02:22:58 pm
Just curious...what in the world were you surfing for to find this 8-year-old thread?!?!  :)

and why?

SPAL

parallaxpig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 09, 2017, 02:22:58 pm

Actually I was on google looking for info on current show and it pulled up this thread.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

razoredge178

I thought (think) the Jon Nabors show was as bad as it could get, but ole press row sucks pretty bad too.

SPAL

Quote from: razoredge178 on October 09, 2017, 02:28:36 pm
I thought (think) the Jon Nabors show was as bad as it could get, but ole press row sucks pretty bad too.

Gomer Pyle USMC?

Boardon Hamsay

The greatest thing about this season thus far is the entertainment value of the radio call-in folk. My current favorite is "Hog Call-In Guy With Consistently Increasing Vocal Volume As The Call Progresses Until He/She Is In A Full Blown, Incoherent, Bloody Murder Scream".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 09, 2017, 02:30:46 pm
The greatest thing about this season thus far is the entertainment value of the radio call-in folk. My current favorite is "Hog Call-In Guy With Consistently Increasing Vocal Volume As The Call Progresses Until He/She Is In A Full Blown, Incoherent, Bloody Murder Scream".

Must be Eddie