Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 PF Ted Kapita

Started by -Blu, October 22, 2014, 03:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: RazorAg on October 27, 2014, 12:53:15 pm
I would not characterize him as "very raw".  I know that's a subjective phrase, but I've seen and read enough to feel comfortable that he's ahead of Moses Kingsley as a recruit.  We're not far off in our assessment of his game, I bet, but just take exception to the labeling him as "very raw".  Very raw players aren't ranked in the top 35.
Was told, and I'm almost quoting this guy who would know....

"He's very raw compared to what he can be.  Needs another year or two but will depend on how he develops this year."

-Blu

Quote from: mizzouman on October 27, 2014, 12:23:09 pm
Kapita was to visit Mizzou a few weeks ago with another current HP player but could not make it due to some scheduling issues.

Yea I seen that, are you guys still considered the front-runners for Bryant?

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 27, 2014, 12:43:40 pm
I was thinking that he seems like a guy that would need some development before he really made an impact at the college level. Could be a guy that's really a force his junior and senior seasons compared to freshman and sophomore seasons.

I was thinking the same thing, doesn't look like he would just be an all SEC freshmen or anything his first year, but once he plays the game more, he looks like he can be a serious force to reckon with.  Reminds me of a younger Patrick Young from Florida, he's not as big a Patrick Young yet, but his frame looks like he can get to that size. His upside may even be higher than Young's was, he looks like he can shoot the ball better, and he can definitely jump higher.

The ideal situation was us would be if we can get Kapita to commit and keep Portis 1 more year, I think coming off the bench and having a year to really grow into his body would make a world of difference for him.  I found an entire game of Kapita on youtube, really like his game, definitely would prefer him over other targets we've had such as Juwan Morgan and Malik Dime.

mizzouman

Quote from: -Blu on October 27, 2014, 01:23:57 pm
Yea I seen that, are you guys still considered the front-runners for Bryant?

I was thinking the same thing, doesn't look like he would just be an all SEC freshmen or anything his first year, but once he plays the game more, he looks like he can be a serious force to reckon with.  Reminds me of a younger Patrick Young from Florida, he's not as big a Patrick Young yet, but his frame looks like he can get to that size. His upside may even be higher than Young's was, he looks like he can shoot the ball better, and he can definitely jump higher.

The ideal situation was us would be if we can get Kapita to commit and keep Portis 1 more year, I think coming off the bench and having a year to really grow into his body would make a world of difference for him.  I found an entire game of Kapita on youtube, really like his game, definitely would prefer him over other targets we've had such as Juwan Morgan and Malik Dime.
Bryant's mom lives very close to Syracuse who is recruiting him hard.  Mom wants him to go to Syracuse but Bryant isn't sure.  If mom gets her way, Bryant will go to Syracuse.  If Bryant gets his way, then Mizzou has not a good chance, but a great chance.

Big Nasty 34

If he's raw, Kingsley was incredibly raw. Just watching highlights, though. Would love to get him!

azhog10

I have to laugh at the use of the word "raw" to describe Kapita's game.

Big Nasty 34

He may have raw strength. I'll give them that. Looks like he could contribute early from body type alone.

-Blu

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 28, 2014, 07:14:19 am
He may have raw strength. I'll give them that. Looks like he could contribute early from body type alone.

And the mixtapes that were out was him as a junior,  He's supposedly 222 right now, with his body type he can easily get to around 240ish, dude would be a beast.

outlawhogeywells

-Blu

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 05, 2014, 02:22:45 pm
any updates on him?

Not a word.  I would think he would either choose between ark, oregon, and mizzou in the early period or wait until the spring.  If he signs early you have to like our chances, since he shut down all visits after he came here.  Guess we'll find out within the next couple of weeks what he's going to do.

outlawhogeywells

Of course 24/7 has him predicted to Florida

-Blu

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 05, 2014, 02:40:30 pm
Of course 24/7 has him predicted to Florida

Those picks are old.  Florida is 2 scholarships over their limit, they're not going to take anyone else.  The only teams that have been linked to Kapita lately is Arkansas, Memphis, West Virgina, Oregon, and Mizzou.  I haven't heard anyone that thinks Memphis or West Virgina are a major contender, but you never know. I know Memphis is depending on signing Skal Labissiere, they are considered the heavy favorites for him, if they get him in this class along with the already committed Lawson's they are probably going to shut it down for their recruiting in 2015.

I know you have to consider Mizzou because of their asst coach being co-founder of the school Kapita is at.  Oregon has been recruiting him pretty hard, as well as Arkansas.  With that said both Oregon and Missouri have not received an official visit, and there's no plans at the moment.  Just putting 2 and 2 together, you would have to think Kapita is going to either decide between Arkansas or waiting out other options in the Spring.  I could be wrong, but that's just how things are looking right now.

outlawhogeywells

thanks for helping to clear it up.
Hopefully Kingsly can help