Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Isaiah Joe video

Started by Richard Davenport, May 29, 2017, 09:08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Nice handles. Looks like MA is recruiting some shooters.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Hog Fan from Camden

Not just a shooter, good ball handler and long armed defender! 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on May 30, 2017, 11:13:02 am
Not just a shooter, good ball handler and long armed defender!

He is way better than he's rated. Smooth and can shoot it with ease from deep. Passes the ball is very unselfish. Will add strength but man he see's the game and is only going to get better. Honestly this kid is a gem that is being over looked. Just hear nothing bad about the kid from people who know him. Bigtime shooter and a very good athlete.

If you did a  video of a jump shot this kids form would be  what you would want to teach kids.

The_Iceman

What i like about him, Sills, and Hill is that all 3 are 4 year guys. Don't see any one them leaving early. Same with Henderson. Perry is two years max. Should be a good group to develop together.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on May 31, 2017, 09:32:26 pm
He is way better than he's rated. Smooth and can shoot it with ease from deep. Passes the ball is very unselfish. Will add strength but man he see's the game and is only going to get better. Honestly this kid is a gem that is being over looked. Just hear nothing bad about the kid from people who know him. Bigtime shooter and a very good athlete.

If you did a  video of a jump shot this kids form would be  what you would want to teach kids.

Why do you only hear bad things from people who know him?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: widespreadsooie on May 31, 2017, 10:38:02 pm

I have heard he is a solid kid from a nice family.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 31, 2017, 11:16:54 pm
I have heard he is a solid kid from a nice family.

I read his post wrong last night.

My bad Alma Hog.

Hawg Red

Imagine if this kid can hit the 6'5 or 6'6 mark by the end of it. Has the look of a kid still growing. C.J. Jones and Isaiah Joe on the wing sniping 3s is going to be so, so fun to watch. Guys that can get their shots off without much effort unlike Anthlon Bell or Dusty Hannahs, as good as they were.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: widespreadsooie on May 31, 2017, 10:38:02 pm

Not what I meant. He's very well regarded..I meant I hear nothing but great things about the kid first class kid all the way from teachers and coaches that I know. This kid is the real deal and will become a great Razorback.

I repeat he's very underrated. And sorry for the misunderstanding. Great young man with a great future.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 01, 2017, 08:38:17 am
Imagine if this kid can hit the 6'5 or 6'6 mark by the end of it. Has the look of a kid still growing. C.J. Jones and Isaiah Joe on the wing sniping 3s is going to be so, so fun to watch. Guys that can get their shots off without much effort unlike Anthlon Bell or Dusty Hannahs, as good as they were.

Good chance he will be all of that. Joe will start as a freshman.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 01, 2017, 08:30:35 am
I read his post wrong last night.

My bad Alma Hog.

No problem brother. I read it and it was confusing I should have said that different. All I hear is people love the kid good student and very respectful. I am going to watch a bunch of Northside games next year.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on June 09, 2017, 11:31:36 am
Good chance he will be all of that. Joe will start as a freshman.

Nobody is higher on Isaiah Joe than me. He's a very good basketball player at both ends of the floor, with high court IQ and he's unselfish. One of the best defenders in the state, too. Top shooter on Adidas Gauntlet, stood out at Pangos AA Camp even though he was suffering from an injured toe that hampered his 3-point shooting. IMO, both he and Darious Hall (2017) are two of the most underrated players nationally in the past 2 classes. Probably doesn't help that they committed early to the Hogs, meaning no attention and visits to other schools that tends to help boost recruiting rankings. IMO, like Hall in '17, he's a no-brainer Top 100 player. And I believe we'll see him get there in the rankings after July.

Having said all of that, come 2018-19 season when Zay will be a freshman, Arkansas (if no attrition in the backcourt) will have 3rd-year soph Jalen Harris on board to man the PG, with 3rd-year junior SG CJ Jones and 2nd-year soph combo guard Khalil Garland ahead in the pecking order in the backcourt ... in other words, Joe may not be a starter as a freshman.

Now, he very well could get some starts as CMA loves to try out multiple lineups, especially in the non-con. Also, depending upon his early development (i.e. adding strength and transitioning to high-major play quickly), his shooting alone could get him on the floor for significant minutes and game-critical situations. Down the road, I think Zay's ceiling and All-SEC potential / outlook is very, very good. He's got pro range right now with elite efficiency numbers, and as already stated he is just a very good all-around player.

AlmaHog2011

Dang Hogday you now more than I about who's coming. Maybe you are right but I have watched a lot of players and can tell you I am not one to overrate or overhype a kid. If we are good enough to bring him off the bench then we will have some daaaang good guards. He's college ready right now.

Looks like we have some real players on their way. Love it :razorback:

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on June 09, 2017, 01:27:29 pm
Dang Hogday you now more than I about who's coming. Maybe you are right but I have watched a lot of players and can tell you I am not one to overrate or overhype a kid. If we are good enough to bring him off the bench then we will have some daaaang good guards. He's college ready right now.

Looks like we have some real players on their way. Love it :razorback:

Was giving my opinion, not at all suggesting you are overrating or over-hyping Zay because it actually looks like we are both very high on him. Everything you've posted about him seems spot-on, but I don't think that means he comes in as a day 1 starter or a regular starter as a freshman (for the reasons I gave in my last post).

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 09, 2017, 01:43:15 pm
Was giving my opinion, not at all suggesting you are overrating or over-hyping Zay because it actually looks like we are both very high on him. Everything you've posted about him seems spot-on, but I don't think that means he comes in as a day 1 starter or a regular starter as a freshman (for the reasons I gave in my last post).

I agree we are pretty close. I just think he will come with a skill set that is worthy of starting. Hope you are right on the guards that will be on campus. Can't speak on that I haven't seen those guys. I do plan to watch as many of the recruits as I can this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Am I way off base when i say that this kid looks like he could be an NBA PG? His well rounded game. His Passing vision and passing form; with zip, accuracy, and razzle-dazzle. His Handles. His defense; with those long arms and quick feet. The pure shooting is just icing on the cake.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 09, 2017, 04:47:49 pm
Am I way off base when i say that this kid looks like he could be an NBA PG? His well rounded game. His Passing vision and passing form; with zip, accuracy, and razzle-dazzle. His Handles. His defense; with those long arms and quick feet. The pure shooting is just icing on the cake.

Zay is not a PG, that is not his skill set and it is not his mentality as a player. He plays the game the right way and is a lot more than a shooter, but he is not PG material. He's a shooting guard. At the college level, he's a 2 who can be the primary SG or be a 3 in a 3-guard lineup.

tophawg19

with a couple more inches , i could almost see another Todd Day in him. A player who can fill many roles well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 09, 2017, 04:47:49 pm

He does handle the ball very well and you would think he will improve although he is already strong. I think he will have to play the point this year Northside graduated their PG Brewer. So he will have to handle the ball a lot.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 10, 2017, 09:15:04 am
with a couple more inches , i could almost see another Todd Day in him. A player who can fill many roles well

Body wise but I don't think his game reminds me of Day. But I would take that Day was a baller.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on June 10, 2017, 07:37:34 pm
Body wise but I don't think his game reminds me of Day. But I would take that Day was a baller.

I think he is more Roger Crawford than Todd Day. Crawford was very good but also very unselfish. Willing to be a fill in the gap guy because the team already had elite scorers. Crawford was a plus athlete and shot 42% from 3 as a he while shooting around 55% from the floor in his career here.

I see Zay playing a bigger role while also maintaining a good % from the field with a good assist to turnover ratio.

The_Bionic_Pig

June 11, 2017, 05:39:30 am #22 Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:19:47 am by The_Bionic_Pig
The beautiful thing is lineups can be modified for gametime situations:

PG - 6'3 Jaylen (Junior)
SG - 6'6 Khalil (Sophomore)
SF - 6'7 Darious (Sophomore)
PF - 6'8 Gabe (Sophomore)
C -   6'9 Perry (Freshmen)

*In the above lineup each player (1-5) can actually bring the ball up the court like a primary ball handler.

PG - 6'3 Isaiah 
SG -  6'5 CJ
SF -  6'6 Khalil
PF - 6'7 Darious
C-    6'10 Perry

*The above Best perimeter shooting lineup*

PG - 6'7 Darious
SG - 6'8 Gabe
SF - 6'8 Adrio
PF - 6'9 Ethan
C -  6'11 Gafford

*The above represents the most athletic*
Simply replace Ethan with 6'10 Perry for rebounding.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 10, 2017, 10:03:05 pm
I think he is more Roger Crawford than Todd Day. Crawford was very good but also very unselfish. Willing to be a fill in the gap guy because the team already had elite scorers. Crawford was a plus athlete and shot 42% from 3 as a he while shooting around 55% from the floor in his career here.

I see Zay playing a bigger role while also maintaining a good % from the field with a good assist to turnover ratio.

I can agree with you for the most part. I think that Joe has a very high ceiling. Man we had some players back in the day.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on June 11, 2017, 05:39:30 am
The beautiful thing is lineups can be modified for gametime situations:

PG - 6'3 Jaylen (Junior)
SG - 6'6 Khalil (Sophomore)
SF - 6'7 Darious (Sophomore)
PF - 6'8 Gabe (Sophomore)
C -   6'9 Perry (Freshmen)

*In the above lineup each player (1-5) can actually bring the ball up the court like a primary ball handler.

PG - 6'3 Isaiah 
SG -  6'5 CJ
SF -  6'6 Khalil
PF - 6'7 Darious
C-    6'10 Perry

*The above Best perimeter shooting lineup*

PG - 6'7 Darious
SG - 6'8 Gabe
SF - 6'8 Adrio
PF - 6'9 Ethan
C -  6'11 Gafford

*The above represents the most athletic*
Simply replace Ethan with 6'10 Perry for rebounding.

Thanks for the work! Man that is exciting to see on paper. Basketball is about to be rocking again in the BWA!