Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two SMU Commitments coming to the Hill

Started by raiderhog, December 10, 2017, 12:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderhog

Magnolia wide receiver Michael Woods and Yoakum offensive lineman Silas Robinson both flipped their commitments from SMU to Chad Morris' new staff at Arkansas on Sunday morning

"Due to the recent coaching changes, today I will be decommitting from Southern Methodist University," began Woods, who was considered one of the most exciting members of SMU's 2017 class. "I would like to thank EVERYONE at SMU that showed me hospitality. It was truly a great experience every time I was on campus. ... Wit that being said, I would like to officially announce that I will be COMMITTING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS."

Robinson similarly thanked SMU before announcing his decision.
"First I would like to thank SMU for the opportunity and I wish nothing but the best for them in the future," he wrote. "With that being said I would like to announce that I am 100% committed to the university of Arkansas."

Both recruits are considered three-stars by 247sports.com's composite rankings. Woods added in his message that he will enroll early at Arkansas, which hired the former SMU head coach Morris this week.

Well, I hope this is a good thing.  They couldn't have done that without being asked. 

racinghog

Are these better than the two who decommitted?

RockyMtnHog

We may get three more today.  There are a lot more to come!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HogNTX

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 10, 2017, 01:12:33 pm
We may get three more today.  There are a lot more to come!

What three are you expecting?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HossHog

Quote from: racinghog on December 10, 2017, 01:10:58 pm
not even close, someone correct me of I'm wrong but weren't the other 2 4-stars?

Con el Cerdos

Both decommits are 4*.   One from Rockwall, Tx the other from DeSoto, Tx.

Bubba's Bruisers

Not on paper, but they're also different positions.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Let's hope the Texas connections results in better than this.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

masbas3

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 10, 2017, 03:48:43 pm

I promise you that if Coach Morris believes this WR can play in his offense, whether it's at the high school level or college level, then this kid can play ball.

Tusks

Lets hope hogville posters become better than this.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogtrillian

Baker Mayfield's best offer was Rice, he walked on twice and won the Heisman last night. Stars can be helpful but don't always paint the full picture, I know that's very hard for some of you to understand. I'm sure CCM sees the talent in some of these plain ole "3 stars" and we have to trust his decision making, he's only been a coach for 30 years so. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: blu on December 10, 2017, 04:33:05 pm
you star gazers are amazing.
I am as far from a star gazer as you can be, not being able to beat out Rice, SMU, and Texas State for recruits ihas not been the problem here. Got 13 scholarship WRs on the roster, and several preferred walk-ons, how about let's address some needs. Y'all would be killing CBB for these commits, just being honest. Impress me get Hanspard and Mcalister back. We have walk-ons with better offer sheets.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Go watch Woods hudl videos very impressive. It's hard right now to keep defensive recruits without any defensive coaches yet. Very hard to fault the new staff for this

RockyMtnHog

This just goes to show that recruits commit to the coach and not to the school.  Both of these players have not taken a visit to The Hill yet.  They cannot imagine what is waiting for them.

FrJoseph

Quote from: HossHog on December 10, 2017, 02:16:39 pm
not even close, someone correct me of I'm wrong but weren't the other 2 4-stars?

Have you compared film on all of these guys?

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

racinghog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 10, 2017, 05:16:51 pm
I am as far from a star gazer as you can be, not being able to beat out Rice, SMU, and Texas State for recruits ihas not been the problem here. Got 13 scholarship WRs on the roster, and several preferred walk-ons, how about let's address some needs. Y'all would be killing CBB for these commits, just being honest. Impress me get Hanspard and Mcalister back. We have walk-ons with better offer sheets.
This

racinghog

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 10, 2017, 02:31:43 pm
Both decommits are 4*.   One from Rockwall, Tx the other from DeSoto, Tx.
But are they better players?

racinghog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 10, 2017, 03:47:10 pm
Not on paper, but they're also different positions.
Do we need these positions and not the DB positions that decommitted?

RockyMtnHog

I think that we need to give them a little more than week for results.  The coaches have to sell the program with future results and the facilities.  If the coaches can get them to The Hill for a visit, it will sell itself.

daprospecta

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 10, 2017, 05:16:34 pm
Baker Mayfield's best offer was Rice, he walked on twice and won the Heisman last night. Stars can be helpful but don't always paint the full picture, I know that's very hard for some of you to understand. I'm sure CCM sees the talent in some of these plain ole "3 stars" and we have to trust his decision making, he's only been a coach for 30 years so. 
Baker Mayfield was good in high school, like really good but too short.  It should surprise no one he is as good as he is. 

Pancetta

I hope this doesn't sound bad but I hope that the staff realizes that the players they were on at SMU may not be good enough to compete in the SEC.  Maybe these 2 guys are the exceptions and also they are feeling under the gun with early signing. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Rudy Baylor

looks like we beat out Virginia, Rice and Louisiana Tech on these guys

WPS

bscinar

Looks to me like we are recruiting speed / athletes and let the dominoes fall -- just get the athletes...

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Pancetta on December 10, 2017, 10:25:17 pm
I hope this doesn't sound bad but I hope that the staff realizes that the players they were on at SMU may not be good enough to compete in the SEC.  Maybe these 2 guys are the exceptions and also they are feeling under the gun with early signing.
I trust that CCM knows talent and knows how difficult the SEC is.  It's not a secret.  His time at Clemson will help in that department. 

jgphillips3

All the talk about his recruiting at SMU was that he found the diamonds in the rough due to his connections with high school coaches.  Hopefully, these are two of those high three stars that we used to do well with.  Also, Bishop flipping addresses the DB need.

hawgon

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 10, 2017, 10:26:33 pm
looks like we beat out Virginia, Rice and Louisiana Tech on these guys

WPS

Bitch all you want but if a coach, ANY coach, is going to succeed at Arkansas, he is going to have to be very good at finding the guys who may have been overlooked by the major programs but who can still play at a high level.

I don't know if these guys are that, but just looking at an offer sheet is the sort of lazy recruiting Bert did and we all see where that got us.

nwahogfan1

I agree.  Many of us have tried to explain who has offered is much more important than stars.

Kevin

notice they are not taking all the smu recruits. these are the two they wanted.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Pancetta on December 10, 2017, 10:25:17 pm

I think Morris recognizes speed much better than Beliema. Let's trusts him for now.

bob slydell

December 11, 2017, 09:02:48 am #32 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:24:20 am by Bob Slydell
Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 11, 2017, 08:55:37 am
I agree.  Many of us have tried to explain who has offered is much more important than stars.

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

LRHawg

I have no idea how good these former SMU recruits are, but I'm going to trust CCM's eye on these guys until he's given me a reason not to do so.

LJHOG

no kidding.  stars don't mean nothin'?   That's why you see Alabama's class full of 3*.  This coach up the 3* is nonsense.  Ain't never worked.  Won't ever work.