Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Big Recruit for CM

Started by Captain Hogthrob, December 08, 2017, 02:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: 311Hog on December 12, 2017, 02:36:11 pm
i do not think color plays into who is the QB at Arkansas i do sometimes feel like certain words are used to describe players who are of a certain color.  It is often assumed black QBs are faster, and white QB's more a "student of the game" that kinda dumb stuff.  2 kids can stand side by side and have identical measurements one black one white and folks will use an entirely different set of words to describe each of them and it is pretty stupid IMHO

Bingo.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

311Hog

Quote from: redleg on December 12, 2017, 02:36:51 pm
All of this dual-threat QB talk is pointless if the 2017 SMU stats are looked at. Morris starting QB this past season had less than 80 yards rushing and only 1 rushing TD. Where's the dual-threat in that?
Morris might want a passer and game manager more than a runner...and if that is true, then Cole Kelley is the starter for the foreseeable future. Bohannon and Noland should both redshirt in 2018, barring injuries.

i personally think it is the mere threat the QB might run.  if it is known the QB is mobile then the threat exists.

If Kelley trims down some and keeps his head on straight i would expect him and Hyatt to battle for starting QB.

PorkSoda

All of this dual-threat QB talk is pointless if the 2017 SMU stats are looked at. Morris starting QB this past season had less than 80 yards rushing and only 1 rushing TD. Where's the dual-threat in that?
Morris might want a passer and game manager more than a runner...and if that is true, then Cole Kelley is the starter for the foreseeable future. Bohannon and Noland should both redshirt in 2018, barring injuries.
just because he didn't have a dual threat QB at SMU doesn't mean he didn't want one or wouldn't like to have one here.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 12, 2017, 02:33:56 pm
When one doesn't want to see the truth, they don't see the truth.
pretty sure he just proved the point lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WBOBO

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 12, 2017, 11:35:14 am
Who was the last Razorback from Greenwood that sucked?
Based on the number of times they go to the 6A state championship game
and play my Zebras, I would say Coach Morris needs to create a strong relationship
with Jones and Bolding.  Both teams have incredible speed.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 12, 2017, 05:59:31 pm
just because he didn't have a dual threat QB at SMU doesn't mean he didn't want one or wouldn't like to have one here.

I think this just proves that, even if he doesn't have a true runner at QB, we'll be okay, but it's always good to give the DC one more thing to scare him.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

nwahogfan1

Morris designs the offense around his talent.  Smart coach.  If he has a running QB he would call it different than when he doesn't.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WBOBO on December 12, 2017, 10:37:23 pm
Based on the number of times they go to the 6A state championship game
and play my Zebras, I would say Coach Morris needs to create a strong relationship
with Jones and Bolding.  Both teams have incredible speed.
Pine Bluff does turn out great athletes but I wonder why more don't go D1/

pigture perfect

I could have gone all night without hearing racial crap. Please don't bring it here.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 12, 2017, 05:59:31 pm

He did and he didn't play.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Lol even Rafe Peavey was classified as a dropback passer by at least one recruiting service.