Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New offer out of Texas (Silas Robinson, Texas St lean)

Started by Hog Ziggler, December 08, 2017, 10:56:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Ziggler

We've offered another SMU commit Silas Robinson who is a DT/OT. 6'4 300 lbs.

Hog Ziggler

Thanks, not great at pasting. I'm kinda skeptical of this offer unless he fits our new system.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hog Ziggler on December 08, 2017, 11:01:31 am
Thanks, not great at pasting. I'm kinda skeptical of this offer unless he fits our new system.

Yeah not sure what to think about that but I would guess he would definitely get a RS year.

Bubba's Bruisers

I hope this is just an anomaly given CM has such a short timeframe to work with on this class. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hollywood870

Did y'all watch the film of him pancaking folks?

Hog Ziggler

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 08, 2017, 11:32:47 am
Did y'all watch the film of him pancaking folks?
Yes, it was a good highlight video of his junior year...would like to see some senior year highlights.

Seebs

He will be smart enough to know the scheme that is for sure. I'd be proud if my sons had that offer list.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Fan1958

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 11:11:19 am
I hope this is just an anomaly given CM has such a short timeframe to work with on this class.

Well, based on his rating (.8015), here is what he is per 247:

89 - 80 = Three-star prospect. One of the top 10% players in the nation. This player will develop into a reliable starter for his college team and is among the best players in his region of the country. Many three-stars have significant pro potential.

Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 08, 2017, 11:37:12 am
Well, based on his rating (.8015), here is what he is per 247:

89 - 80 = Three-star prospect. One of the top 10% players in the nation. This player will develop into a reliable starter for his college team and is among the best players in his region of the country. Many three-stars have significant pro potential.

By and large, the most telling stat is the offer sheet.  Hands down.  My opinion, of course. 

Not impressed, but I understand the limited options at this stage of the game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

SouthTulsaHog

Giving the fact how some of our 4* OL have turned out in recent years, I would say that ratings aren't everything. Give the kid time to develop

Hog Ziggler

Quote from: Seebs on December 08, 2017, 11:34:39 am
He will be smart enough to know the scheme that is for sure. I'd be proud if my sons had that offer list.
Absolutely, me too! Mine is a senior this year who has a few offers also. Trying to talk him out of walking on at Ole Miss. Luke likes him and offered a walkon spot....proud as a parent but it would be hard, lol.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hog Ziggler on December 08, 2017, 11:45:18 am
Absolutely, me too! Mine is a senior this year who has a few offers also. Trying to talk him out of walking on at Ole Miss. Luke likes him and offered a walkon spot....proud as a parent but it would be hard, lol.

Congrats to your son.  I'm sure well deserved.

WichitaStateRazorback

Hog Ziggler

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 11:54:18 am
Congrats to your son.  I'm sure well deserved.
Thanks you sir! We are going through everything to make the best decision although Mom wants him to stay here in Memphis. I want him to see the world lol.

Hog Ziggler

Cracker

Quote from: Hog Ziggler on December 08, 2017, 11:33:52 am
Yes, it was a good highlight video of his junior year...would like to see some senior year highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27vSUv
I'm on a mission from God with half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.

hit it.

a shady hog

He's kind of getting on up there in age. I didn't know he still has eligibility left.

pigroots

Doesn't seem extremely quick but is very powerful

jvanhorn

Quote from: pigroots on December 08, 2017, 01:37:14 pm
Doesn't seem extremely quick but is very powerful

LOL, well if he was extremely quick and very powerful he would have heard from Nick Saban by now.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Nipsey Mussle

Is he the first SMU commitment Morris has offered here? That says a lot about his thoughts on him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on December 08, 2017, 04:33:21 pm
Is he the first SMU commitment Morris has offered here? That says a lot about his thoughts on him.

2nd.  I believe Woods was the 1st.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 04:42:47 pm
2nd.  I believe Woods was the 1st.
Woods is an ANIMAL. That kid is fast and hella aggressive.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

247Hog

Like stated, doesn't seem very fast but kid has an attitude for sure. Something i wouldn't mind seeing more of.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Kevin

Quote from: 247Hog on December 08, 2017, 05:15:29 pm
Like stated, doesn't seem very fast but kid has an attitude for sure. Something i wouldn't mind seeing more of.

we need a lot of big nasty players with attitude
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Farmer Hogget

hawgdavis

I'm ok with 3 star OL if you can RS them for a year. A lot of big guys are late bloomers any way. We had some pretty salty O lines back unde Nutt yes i said Nutt and he usually did it with 2,3 and some 4 stars sprinkled in. BP got 3 and 4's as well. There are also more underrated OL prospects because there are just more of them to look at.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2017, 05:38:20 pm
we need a lot of big nasty players with attitude

I love linemen with a nasty attitude like Skipper before B.B. changed his Jersey number and made him play nice. A few unnecessary roughness penalties along the way sets the tone and I good with it as long as they don't become over the top or too frequent.

BigBrandonAllenFan

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Smashmouth2004

Not impressed! I'm expecting high 3 star players to get us competitive but this is just the same OL projects under Bielema. I realize this is late start for Morris so I'll reserve judgement for later.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 08, 2017, 11:24:27 pm
Not impressed! I'm expecting high 3 star players to get us competitive but this is just the same OL projects under Bielema. I realize this is late start for Morris so I'll reserve judgement for later.
hey, man, i see you are new to the site but we dont play in the recruiting forum. No bashing recruits down here. take that sour attitude back up to MMQB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigture perfect

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 11:26:51 pm
hey, man, i see you are new to the site but we dont play in the recruiting forum. No bashing recruits down here. take that sour attitude back up to MMQB.
Correct. I'm pretty sure the rules are stickied at the top of the forum page.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogfooey

You literally did not reserve judgement.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Kevin

which line will he play/ I read on twitter he is a dl prospect
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Interesting that despite your self-proclaimed "I'll reserved judgement for later" claim the very first comment is "Not impressed!". Might want to go back and look up the term "reserve judgement" 'cause if not you're going to continue being  caught talking out of both sides of your mouth.  :-[

Smashmouth2004

MEA CULPA!!  Yes I did commit an unforgivably transgression in my post of this young man and even violated my own standard by not investigating him before making a comment. My bad!

So I did look him up, read about him and reviewed film. He's a coaches son who was a very good player at Texas. Rating is probably deceiving since he probably didn't attend camps as a coaches son and made 2nd team all-state as a junior but the best part was his film. He is Skipper with an attitude! Great footwork and finishes off DL by burying them in the turf. On defense, good use of his hands to keep OL away from his body and excellent lateral movement.

Lesson to me and the rest of us. I was concerned with our OL play last year and immediately rushed to judgement when I saw a 2 star rating but obviously this young man is underrated and has very good size and is athletic. Even though I learned not to trust Bielema when it came to recruiting, I should trust Morris and his new staff and don't jump to conclusions!

Hogfan46

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 09, 2017, 11:22:29 am
MEA CULPA!!  Yes I did commit an unforgivably transgression in my post of this young man and even violated my own standard by not investigating him before making a comment. My bad!

So I did look him up, read about him and reviewed film. He's a coaches son who was a very good player at Texas. Rating is probably deceiving since he probably didn't attend camps as a coaches son and made 2nd team all-state as a junior but the best part was his film. He is Skipper with an attitude! Great footwork and finishes off DL by burying them in the turf. On defense, good use of his hands to keep OL away from his body and excellent lateral movement.

Lesson to me and the rest of us. I was concerned with our OL play last year and immediately rushed to judgement when I saw a 2 star rating but obviously this young man is underrated and has very good size and is athletic. Even though I learned not to trust Bielema when it came to recruiting, I should trust Morris and his new staff and don't jump to conclusions!

+1 for good response.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on December 08, 2017, 11:42:24 am
Giving the fact how some of our 4* OL have turned out in recent years, I would say that ratings aren't everything. Give the kid time to develop

I would much drether look and compare offer list than ratings.  Coaches know what they need and who fit their needs. Rating services are far from perfect.

nwahogfan1

Thanks for ur report.  This is why rankings are not always accurate and who has offered is much closer to true rating and worth in college..

Pig in the Pokey

My God, you guys. This is one of the most stand-up posts I've ever seen on Hogville!

+1000 my man.
@Slackaveli

Vantage 8 dude

No problem, dude. We've ALL been there (some more than once). Glad to have you join the club.  8) :D

Boarsnest

Highlight tape was impressive.

rljjr

Silly question ... is he projected as OT or DT?

farmhawg

I bet CCM is a much better evaluator and developer of talent. We heard that crap from Bert and he never delivered. I think that causes some skepticism but we should trust this coach.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Hog Ziggler on December 08, 2017, 10:56:18 am
We've offered another SMU commit Silas Robinson who is a DT/OT. 6'4 300 lbs.

He is commited now to Arkansas.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Polecat

I've seen him play. Probably a little underrated bc he plays at a smaller school. His team is in the semis and he's a very powerful young man. I'm excited about him
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Polecat on December 10, 2017, 11:54:38 am
I've seen him play. Probably a little underrated bc he plays at a smaller school. His team is in the semis and he's a very powerful young man. I'm excited about him
kid is a junkyard dog.
@Slackaveli