Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Jones - Merged Thread

Started by TK_HOG, March 06, 2017, 11:33:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HogNTX on December 09, 2017, 09:39:45 pm
Surely grandpa would pay for his school and let him walk on so we can use the scholarship on another playmaker.

Blueshirt.  See the three page thread in recruiting forum.

PossumFan

If he proved to be the best QB and earned the starting job, there would be a chorus of protests from folks saying he just got the job because he's Jerry's son.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: PossumFan on December 09, 2017, 09:49:27 pm
If he proved to be the best QB and earned the starting job, there would be a chorus of protests from folks saying he just got the job because he's Jerry's son.

He will very most likely be a slot receiver at the FBS level, and will probably be a very good player at that spot.  I think everyone invloved is aware of that being the case.  He could play QB at the FCS level, but not likely in the SEC.  I may be wrong, but probably not.  I'm just glad he wants to be a Razorback.

3of5-2

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

wlbrown9

I guess he already knew John:

"Chandler Morris, the son of Arkansas coach Chad Morris, is the backup to Jones at Highland Park. Morris, a sophomore, briefly replaced Jones after he was injured on Friday night."

Großer Kriegschwein

Wildhog

Jerry gets his AD, his head coach, and then his grandson immediately gets a scholarship offer.  Dude straight up bought our program.

I hate it.  I’m sure this’ll be spun by many as a positive though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

3of5-2

alohawg

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 10:24:37 pm
Jerry gets his AD, his head coach, and then his grandson immediately gets a scholarship offer.  Dude straight up bought our program.

I hate it.  I'm sure this'll be spun by many as a positive though.

Because that's the only way he could go to an fbs school.....did Jerry buy texas tech too?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Großer Kriegschwein

Nevermind the 4500 yards and 56 touchdowns he's responsible for this year.

Wildhog

Quote from: alohawg on December 09, 2017, 10:28:40 pm
Because that's the only way he could go to an fbs school.....did Jerry buy texas tech too?

We've already got Noland committed and Bohanon will be soon.  There's absolutely no reason to offer him.  Y'all spin this any way you want, but he doesn't have an offer if his name isn't Jones.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 10:30:32 pm
We've already got Noland committed and Bohanon will be soon.  There's absolutely no reason to offer him.  Y'all spin this any way you want, but he doesn't have an offer if his name isn't Jones.

I'm pretty sure we don't want to have 2 QBs on scholarship. Signing 3 will put us a 5.

Considering that we will have at least one transfer. Maybe two.

He may end up blue shirting.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 10:32:05 pm
I'm pretty sure we don't want to have 2 QBs on scholarship. Signing 3 will put us a 5.

Considering that we will have at least one transfer. Maybe two.

He may end up blue shirting.

Blue shirts still get scholarships.

If Jack Lindsey can walk on, so can Jerruh’s grandson.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 10:33:43 pm
Blue shirts still get scholarships.

If Jack Lindsey can walk on, so can Jerruh's grandson.

Whatever.

Highland Park is a system fit for CM's scheme. Even Davenport says that the kid is a baller. I suppose Davenport is just trying to curry favor with Jerry.

3of5-2

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 10:46:17 pm
Whatever.

Highland Park is a system fit for CM's scheme. Even Davenport says that the kid is a baller. I suppose Davenport is just trying to curry favor with Jerry.
I bet your husband gets tired of you saying "whatever" all the time.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 10:46:17 pm
Whatever.

Y'all keep lapping up that kool aid like you did with Bielema.  Zero reason for this offer.  That's an OL or a LB or another dire need that we won't get because Jerry wanted his grandson to get a scholarship.  I guess they're for sale now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 09, 2017, 10:49:26 pm
I bet your husband gets tired of you saying "whatever" all the time.

You obviously don't know which one I am.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

3of5-2

Dr. Starcs

These are my initial thoughts as well. After seeing 5 straight years of the Allen 'dynasty', I'm hoping that's not what we're getting ourselves into here.

Wildhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 09, 2017, 10:52:31 pm
These are my initial thoughts as well. After seeing 5 straight years of the Allen 'dynasty', I'm hoping that's not what we're getting ourselves into here.

Just depends on what Jerry wants.  Yurachek and Morris will fall in line.  He got them their jobs, after all.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mr. Porkleone

Sounds like sour grapes. Your prob the kid that never got pick for anything in school. Go run to mommy. I'm sure she'll snuggle you.

Wildhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 09, 2017, 10:56:29 pm
Sounds like sour grapes. Your prob the kid that never got pick for anything in school. Go run to mommy. I'm sure she'll snuggle you.

Sour grapes for what?  That doesn't even make sense.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Jerry pushed for Yurachek, and Yurachek was hired.  Jerry pushed for Morris, and Morris was hired.  And now one of the first offers Morris sends out is to Jerry's grandson, and that doesn't seem fishy to any of you?  My god, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

3of5-2

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 10:59:54 pm
Jerry pushed for Yurachek, and Yurachek was hired.  Jerry pushed for Morris, and Morris was hired.  And now one of the first offers Morris sends out is to Jerry's grandson, and that doesn't seem fishy to any of you?  My god, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
I wonder if the grandson knows anything about Arkla Arkoma? I can hear him now, "Arkoma" yelling out signals like Peyton Manning did with "Omaha".

Kneph13

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 10:29:20 pm
Nevermind the 4500 yards and 56 touchdowns he's responsible for this year.

Say what you want, but the kid's stats speak for themselves.

+1
There is no Political Correctness in war

Wildhog

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 09, 2017, 11:09:51 pm

Say what you want, but the kids stats speak for themselves.

+1

So do you drop Noland or Bohanon for him?
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsrolling

Jerry pushed for Yurachek, and Yurachek was hired.  Jerry pushed for Morris, and Morris was hired.  And now one of the first offers Morris sends out is to Jerry’s grandson, and that doesn’t seem fishy to any of you?  My god, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

Does it hurt that he is a Jones??  No.  Can the kid play? Yes.  Please don't hate on the kid because he got an offer.  It isn't his first offer. Real life is a little politics or who you know.  Grow up. 

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsrolling on December 09, 2017, 11:11:28 pm
Does it hurt that he is a Jones??  No.  Can the kid play? Yes.  Please don't hate on the kid because he got an offer.  It isn't his first offer. Real life is a little politics or who you know.  Grow up. 

That's fine but be honest about it.  Granddaddy bought him a spot on our team.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dr. Starcs

Without getting myself into trouble, I'm with you. 

Kneph13

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 11:10:56 pm
So do you drop Noland or Bohanon for him?

No I would expect him to earn the spot just like either one of those two.  He may not even play QB and move to another position.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Torqued pork

A red flag for sure.
We need athletes more than legacies.

Pork Twain

Jerry pushed for Yurachek, and Yurachek was hired.  Jerry pushed for Morris, and Morris was hired.  And now one of the first offers Morris sends out is to Jerry’s grandson, and that doesn’t seem fishy to any of you?  My god, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 
Wait, are you saying Jerry is a major booster and cares about Arkansas football?  Now that is something I had never even thought of.  Do you think it is reasonable to say that Jerry with his millions would not pay the kids way instead of having him eat a scholarship.  Please tell me more about this latest conspiracy.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WorfHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 10:50:20 pm
You obviously don't know which one I am.

Are you the 70's stewardess or the Breaking Bad cosplayer?  ;)

And I don't care it's one scholarship to keep our most valuable Booster and Alumnus happy.

You guys that think this world is some kind of meritocracy are deluded.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2017, 11:15:04 pm
Wait, are you saying Jerry is a major booster and cares about Arkansas football?  Now that is something I had never even thought of.

Tell me more about how awesome Bielema is and how stupid I was to doubt him.  I didn’t forget.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 11:16:30 pm
Tell me more about how awesome Bielema is and how stupid I was to doubt him.  I didn't forget.
I have a cookie for you in my pocket.  Up until the last two games last year, it looked like CBB finally had us on track.  I am not ashamed that I supported him till then and even to start off this year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2017, 11:15:04 pm
Wait, are you saying Jerry is a major booster and cares about Arkansas football?  Now that is something I had never even thought of.  Do you think it is reasonable to say that Jerry with his millions would not pay the kids way instead of having him eat a scholarship.  Please tell me more about this latest conspiracy.

I'd be perfectly fine with him walking on.  That's not what this is.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 11:18:20 pm
I’d be perfectly fine with him walking on.  That’s not what this is.
So he has already signed his LOI?  Just curious because the article says:

It is unclear at this time if the offer is a scholarship spot or as a preferred walk-on. It also could be a blueshirt opportunity, meaning Jones would not be on scholarship immediately but potentially would be following a semester on campus.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2017, 11:18:16 pm
I have a cookie for you in my pocket.  Up until the last two games last year, it looked like CBB finally had us on track.  I am not ashamed that I supported him till then and even to start off this year.

And bashed me relentlessly for pointing out obvious flaws and reasons that he wouldn't succeed.  Hell, most here did. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: WorfHog on December 09, 2017, 11:15:30 pm
Are you the 70's stewardess or the Breaking Bad cosplayer?  ;)

And I don't care it's one scholarship to keep our most valuable Booster and Alumnus happy.

You guys that think this world is some kind of meritocracy are deluded.

lol.

Actually, this is pretty close.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2017, 11:19:00 pm
So he has already signed his LOI?  Just curious because the article says:

It is unclear at this time if the offer is a scholarship spot or as a preferred walk-on. It also could be a blueshirt opportunity, meaning Jones would not be on scholarship immediately but potentially would be following a semester on campus.

It's reportedly a full scholarship offer.  If it turns out to be a preferred walk on spot then I'll shut my mouth.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 11:21:40 pm
It's reportedly a full scholarship offer.  If it turns out to be a preferred walk on spot then I'll shut my mouth.

Reported by who?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on December 09, 2017, 11:19:14 pm
And bashed me relentlessly for pointing out obvious flaws and reasons that he wouldn’t succeed.  Hell, most here did. 
You deserved it.  You are literally one of the most negative posters on here and even when things are looking up, you will dig to find something to bitch about (i.e. this thread).

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2017, 11:23:00 pm
You deserved it.  You are literally one of the most negative posters on here and even when things are looking up, you will dig to find something to bitch about (i.e. this thread).

Sorry for being correct.  What a dickish thing to do.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Pork Twain

From 247

Was just offered today by the Hogs. He has been offered a blueshirt by both Arkansas and Texas Tech. Morris is very familiar with Jones since his son is also on the Highland Park squad. Jones isn't tall, but he's very talented. His team is still alive in the state playoffs. To this point in the season, Jones has completed 236 of 331 passes for 3,989 yards, 52 touchdowns and only four interceptions. He has also rushed 98 times for 400 yards and nine touchdowns. His father Stephen lettered at Arkansas (1984-87) and his grandfather Jerry (1962-64). Of course his grandfather was a member of the 1964 national championship team and now owns the Dallas Cowboys.